Swap-O-Rama #5, The fall harvest...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
absoluthamm said:
The Double Simcoe will probably catch you off guard with all of it's simcoe-y-ness.

Well, what's in a name anyway, haha. I like the beer personally, but it is a simcoe bomb. Almost to the point of onion flavors

Nice, I got some of the same from psycotte; Spider Bite White Bite(Mine was very carbed, good taste, but too much carb, maybe yours will be different)

We live 20min from each other! lol

I realized that about the white bite after i sent it off. Deff a higher carbed wheat beer,
Only beer i actually enjoy from a pint glass lol

I'd love to get into trading brews! I love our local stuff here in Missouri, but who doesn't wanna try what else is out there?! How do I start? What's a six pack usually cost to ship? And as I'm sure 1000000 people probably have asked, is there anyone that trades 3 floyds, been dying to try a few of there famous brews but fear I never will!

I'd love to get into trading brews! I love our local stuff here in Missouri, but who doesn't wanna try what else is out there?! How do I start? What's a six pack usually cost to ship? And as I'm sure 1000000 people probably have asked, is there anyone that trades 3 floyds, been dying to try a few of there famous brews but fear I never will!

You can get three floyds easily. Ill start up the next swap o rama round in early January. If you want to join feel free! I think its one of the best ways to get beers you've never heard of, that even rival some of those hyped up beers.

Most usually ship more than just a six pack, cant say ive shipped that little before. I usually spend $20 to ship 20# to east coast and $30 to ship to the west coast. And 20# for me is usually 4-6 bombers plus a sixer and more...ask any and all questions you want, we are more than happy to help you get started!

Sounds great.... and that's good news on shipping. I feared a sixer alone would cost 20+!

A couple members reminded me about starting up the next round...ill start it up this following week...keep your eyes peeled!

Whale or harder to get beer might still be tough to define. I think it needs to be simpler.

Seems there is plenty of opportunity for trading whales, I think just local beers. If trading partners are paired from different regions everyone has the opportunity to get things they have never tried before.

Ill probably do something like multiple beers from at least one brewery. People have wanted this before, and I like the idea.

Sounds reasonable, maybe set a minumum number of ounces instead of a set number of beers. That way people would have the option to mix and match 12oz, 22oz, and 750's since some beers are only available in certain formats.

I know some breweries dont do 12 oz. And 22 oz/ 750 ml both. So it might be simpler to just require say, 4 beers from a single brewery. Then have a total overall minimum volume that must be sent for the whole package.

Whale or harder to get beer might still be tough to define. I think it needs to be simpler.

I was just kidding about the whale, really...not really for this thread.
In all seriousness, Stout season is on us, maybe a stout/winter warmer round?

Edit:: I should really read before posting, I'm digging the large single brewer bundle idea.

Hmmm should I send a whale or a whiskey as an extra this round :) i may start buying out some very local only tomorrow so I will most likely be down for this round

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

I like what an earlier poster said. Like a "rainbow" round.

Have to send blonde, copper, amber, brown, black colored beer.
Obviously corresponding to say a Cream ale, IPa/mild, amber ale, brown ale and a stout.

and then just an oz limit to make up the rest of the box?

I like what an earlier poster said. Like a "rainbow" round.

Have to send blonde, copper, amber, brown, black colored beer.
Obviously corresponding to say a Cream ale, IPa/mild, amber ale, brown ale and a stout.

and then just an oz limit to make up the rest of the box?

Just do a real rainbow round, everyone must send all of the Crooked Stave WWB colors! I want those beers so bad haha.

But in reality a cool idea would be you have to send at least one fruited beer/sour that is a non-ordinary color, truly red/pink, orange, blue etc...

Well, im going to try to start up the next round tomorrow morning. It will require at least four beers from a single brewery....the rest of the details are unknown so far haha

Back