Swap-O-Rama #4, Bomb's Away!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-3430801663.jpg

Thanks again Jason! Still can't get over this squad of beers! Enjoying this watching some sporanos

Ok guys! It's time for the finale!

These look like some great brews! I'm especially pumped for the stuff from Maine and Jack's Abby. I've heard so many great things about those two breweries. ANd that sour cherry stout sounds RIDICULOUS!

Thanks John!!

Here's to the next swap!!! :mug:

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

TCGoose said:

These look like some great brews! I'm especially pumped for the stuff from Maine and Jack's Abby. I've heard so many great things about those two breweries. ANd that sour cherry stout sounds RIDICULOUS!

Thanks John!!

Nice score! You won't be disappointed with MBC or Jacks Abby. Both make some great stuff. Enjoy!

Thanks John!!

Glad the Glass made it safley
I was trying to get you some GSB Blood Orange Pale ale to put in that glass but they JUST started bottling so it was scooped up pretty quick, Second batch came out this week. If you ever need anything from east coast hit me up! ill be glad to share!!

Cheers!

Well done lady and gents! If I am not mistaken, everything has been delivered.

Enjoy your hauls and feel free to post pics and notes of some of the beers you enjoyed.

Just want to give another HUGE shoutout to brewbien. Sent me a second package with "swag" and more extras. This is crazy generous and was not even needed. Ive been enjoying the brews you sent me and top it it off with a homebrewed BA RIS, 2 HotD tasting glasses and a DAVE...cough...i mean adam!! Haha hope i didnt stop to many hearts there. One more time for brewbien!!!

P.s....oh yea. He also sent a culture of conan along! ****ing awesome dude. Cheers to you dude!

image-3944649059.jpg

image-4220476681.jpg

I am glad they all made the trip. That full malted jacket was a small release and it took me a few trips to finally find it. The Angelino ipa is Angel City Brewing's first bottle. The home-brew is my first attempt at a saison hope you like it.

Pick where I should start man I can't make up my mind! Lol

Lol sounds like a plan. I'll line then IP tonight in the fridge and knock them down tomorrow in the pm. I'm looking forward to this.

Brewbien said:
That's because there isn't one. ;)

I can totally believe it. That beer got better and better the closer I got to the end. Really surprised me. Didn't know i was such a fan of dark IPAs !

wickman6 said:
Val, the growler contains a beer which was only brewed once and will not be brewed again. It's called Replicale. The members of the Illinois brewers guild every year each brew a beer with the same ingredients, fitting within the same parameters but each brewery uses a different hop. The offering from Tighthead this year uses centennial hops. Here's a link to more info on the project http://www.illinoisbeer.com/replicaleproject/ I hope it stayed carbonated for you, I gave it a few extra wraps of electrical tape to hopefully add a little insurance. I hope you enjoy!

image-1134101157.jpg

Tasty brew. You can totally smell the centennial. The travel did not help the carbonation it was a bit flat but, nonetheless it's a great brew. Thank you sir!

val214 said:
Tasty brew. You can totally smell the centennial. The travel did not help the carbonation it was a bit flat but, nonetheless it's a great brew. Thank you sir!

That's a fantastic bottle!

TCGoose said:
Thank you sir, may I have another?

Thanks again john!

Awesome stuff! Scored 2 4-packs when I was up in Mass the other week, down to 2 bottles left. Might have to go back up just for it

View attachment 152672

Thanks again john!

Funny, I was going to send you 2 but I thought twice when you requested no pilsners. I know there different styles but knew you would like it so I went with one. lol

Glad you enjoyed it! Apparently they are starting distro to NY soon so hopefully ill be able to get my hands on more soon.

Cheers!

View attachment 152672

Thanks again john!

One thing I really like to is how I picked those bottles of Maine beer co up from the brewery fresh. They went into a cooler then the rental fridge, back in a cooler on the way home and have been in the fridge since then. What im trying to say is those bad boys only have around 7 days of warm temps on them and that beer traveled from one of the highest north eastern points to one of the most western points in America!

Nice! I think I'll be having the peeper tonight. Tom is sitting in my cellar, aka my fermentation fridge turned down to 55F.

Excluding pilsners was totally arbitrary. IPL is probably one of my favorite styles right now. Clean and hoppy.

TCGoose said:
Nice! I think I'll be having the peeper tonight. Tom is sitting in my cellar, aka my fermentation fridge turned down to 55F. Excluding pilsners was totally arbitrary. IPL is probably one of my favorite styles right now. Clean and hoppy.

I'm interested to hear how you like the Peeper Ale. I got one of those in my trade and was a little shocked to find it tasted almost watered down. I'm guessing it was a bad batch or something, so really curious to hear how you like it.

geoffey said:
I'm interested to hear how you like the Peeper Ale. I got one of those in my trade and was a little shocked to find it tasted almost watered down. I'm guessing it was a bad batch or something, so really curious to hear how you like it.

Finally got a chance to try this

image-1787769480.jpg

I can see what you mean by "watered down" it's a bit thin. But I think it's a very refreshing beer. A tad more body would do it wonders. But overall I think it's real tasty.

Anyone know the OG or FG on this guy?

Edit: I checked the website, 1.047 OG, so with 5.5% alc that means FG is 1.005, hence the thinness...

View attachment 153001

I can see what you mean by "watered down" it's a bit thin. But I think it's a very refreshing beer. A tad more body would do it wonders. But overall I think it's real tasty.

Edit: I checked the website, 1.047 OG, so with 5.5% alc that means FG is 1.005, hence the thinness...

I love peeper. I think one of the reasons is the body, one can drink it and not feel full. Great hop aroma, too. maine beer never disappoints!

View attachment 153001

Almost all of there stuff is very light/clean/dry yet extreamly aromatic.
Brewery fresh there something else, but for the most part every beer they put out i can drink multiples of, and thats a good thing compared to the ABV on some of them!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Haha! Well hopefully I can hit that by following swap. This one, I think, is too close for me to rack them up that fast

pluchar said:
Haha! Well hopefully I can hit that by following swap. This one, I think, is too close for me to rack them up that fast
You can get 100 posts today.

Edit: apparently there is no longer a 3 month membership minimum. Post away.

Might as well start posting up a storm. You never know when this bum is gonna start up the next one.

Back