Swap-O-Rama #3, ANTI LOCAL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
two_hearted said:
I finally got to open my box from mhurst111! He got it to me a week ago, but I was out of town. Dude! You sent a ton of beer! Awesome beer too. I get out to Colorado usually once a year and try as much beer as I can. I've only had 2 of these! (Modus hoperandi which I've had once and freakin love! And Odell's 5 barrel which I also love).

Super excited for the crooked stave! These all look amazing and can't wait to try them. Thanks! This swap rocks!

Hope you like at least few of them. The box had space after I got to 200oz, so just grabbed a few cans of what I had on the shelf to fill it up. I was surprised by the distribution of some of my normal 'go to' breweries. Avery, boulder, Breckinridge, Fort Collins, Oskar Blues and great divide were all off the table.

Give my rye Saison another 7-10 days before you try it. I had one last night and I think it needs a couple more days.

I finally got to open my box from mhurst111! He got it to me a week ago, but I was out of town. Dude! You sent a ton of beer! Awesome beer too. I get out to Colorado usually once a year and try as much beer as I can. I've only had 2 of these! (Modus hoperandi which I've had once and freakin love! And Odell's 5 barrel which I also love).

Super excited for the crooked stave! These all look amazing and can't wait to try them. Thanks! This swap rocks!

Nice score! I have brewed with the guys at Pikes Peak, nice to see their IPA in a can finally!

My wrapping was OCD, I know. LOL.

I wrote you a note and forgot to include it. I bought the Heady direct from the cannery on a trip up north 3 weeks ago, so it's fresh. The Pumking is easily my favorite pumpkin beer. The 120 minute is a 2011, so it's got a little age on it. I actually like that after it lays down for a while. I thought the 60, 90, 120 would be a good combo for contrast.

Enjoy man!

I'm glad you did the 60/90/120 cause it will give me a chance to see the differences. I am chilling one of the Heady Toppers now so I can try it tonight.

Hope you like at least few of them. The box had space after I got to 200oz, so just grabbed a few cans of what I had on the shelf to fill it up. I was surprised by the distribution of some of my normal 'go to' breweries. Avery, boulder, Breckinridge, Fort Collins, Oskar Blues and great divide were all off the table.

Give my rye Saison another 7-10 days before you try it. I had one last night and I think it needs a couple more days.

Yeah, we just got Oskar Blues last halloween, I haven't seen any Fort Collins on the shelf, but things usually take a little longer to reach Cincy.

I'm sure I'll like them all. I'll let you know after I try a few. I've been wanting to brew a rye saison, I'll give a week or two and let you know how it is. I might ask you for your recipe.

thatjonguy said:
Nice score! I have brewed with the guys at Pikes Peak, nice to see their IPA in a can finally!

I went down to their party to celebrate canning earlier this year. In May I think. They had a band, grill dogs and brats and had a 'beer-can derby'. Think pinewood derby, but had to have their beer can as the body of the car. It was a good time.

wait till you have the myrcenary! :D

The package I sent has now been to Vegas, St. George UT, Salt Lake City and as of this morning is on a truck continuing happily towards its new home. If you are a wiz with UPS shipping routes you may be able to guess where its headed

The package I sent has now been to Vegas, St. George UT, Salt Lake City and as of this morning is on a truck continuing happily towards its new home. If you are a wiz with UPS shipping routes you may be able to guess where its headed

I know where its going!!!

I am waiting also.....but know that my sender was on hold until the package I sent was received(confirming trust in the new guy). So hoping mine gets sent early this week

I can check when I get home. Not sure off the top of my head

But...your memory...you said know where everyone is sending their package...losing faith...

JK man, thanks again for the great package and organizing this. Enjoy your wedding!

I want to give some iTrade feedback to the person who shipped my package but I just can't find who it was after trying to search through 71 pages of this thread. Can you PM me so I can give you the feedback you deserve? Also if anyone else hasn't given feedback now is a good time to do it :)

dotJerdot said:
I want to give some iTrade feedback to the person who shipped my package but I just can't find who it was after trying to search through 71 pages of this thread. Can you PM me so I can give you the feedback you deserve? Also if anyone else hasn't given feedback now is a good time to do it :)

I'm patiently waiting for mine as well :)

I am new to this trading thing, how exactly do you give feedback. I am always using the mobile app. Is it something that needs to be done on the website?

I am new to this trading thing, how exactly do you give feedback. I am always using the mobile app. Is it something that needs to be done on the website?

Gotta do iTrader feedback through a browser. I still use my phone, just not the app

Got this nice package from Cody today. Mostly lousiana specialties. Looking forward to trying some stuff i can't get. I've never had any, so i'm looking forward to doing some drinkin, which starts right about now. Thanks Cody

20130813_154932-picsay.jpg

I hope everything comes through. I would feel bad sitting here, spending lonely nights with my package, while others are dreaming of a package they can never fondle.

mikeysab said:
Got this nice package from Cody today. Mostly lousiana specialties. Looking forward to trying some stuff i can't get. I've never had any, so i'm looking forward to doing some drinkin, which starts right about now. Thanks Cody

Sorry it took so long man. I looked everywhere I could think of to try to get some sours up your way but unfortunately Louisiana is just finding out there's more to beer than BMC so local sours are pretty much nonexistent

How did you get the tracking # for yours? I thought it was a surprise?!?

Not fair!

I have incoming package notifications set up prior to this thread from both Fedex and UPS. Incoming package notification is awesome, so I can have SWMBO stay around the house until a packahe shows up.

And it was quite surprising last night at 12:25am when I got the email, couldn't sleep for about an hour.

I have incoming package notifications set up prior to this thread from both Fedex and UPS. Incoming package notification is awesome, so I can have SWMBO stay around the house until a packahe shows up.

And it was quite surprising last night at 12:25am when I got the email, couldn't sleep for about an hour.

Nice thinking.. I knew I should have done that!

Not to rub it in...but this stuff is awesome. Wow, thanks again indytruks! A truly underrated ipa.

Not sure why all my pics turn sideways, but whatever.

ForumRunner_20130813_201312.png

Nice thinking.. I knew I should have done that!

It is very conveinent, not having to check when packages are going to show up. The carrier does it for me. Even better is you can specify what time window you want your stuff delivered in (have to pay a little bit for that feature).

Totally worth it if you have a bunch of yeast coming and want to receive it on the first day.

Not sure why all my pics turn sideways, but whatever.

If you crop them vertically, they will stay normal. Thats what i have to do. Keep everything horizontally but get rid of everything below and above what you want and it'll show up normal

Back