Swap-O-Rama #3, ANTI LOCAL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Start posting, answer questions in the newbie threads, go talk in the random post threads, reply and thank me for these suggestions, every little reply counts :)

Consider yourself thanked :) I'm wondering if there are any local to Philly swaps in person. I'm always trying to expand my pallet.

Slow up, I was being cynical and predicting someone getting upset and PURPOSEFULLY sending the cheapest thing they could find, not because it was great local beer, because it was cheap. The lotto he is describing isn't a local swap, just a fun beer lotto. I recanted right before you posted stating the beer community is generous and I agree a $ limit didn't need to be imposed. I am on your side that good beer is good beer regardless of price.

My bad, I blew up!

Who wants a mustache ride!?

ForumRunner_20130821_214132.jpg

The man only has a few days left!

Did you get all of the brewery upgrades ordered before SWMBO is official?

On a side note; are we doing iTrader for this thread?

I was based on a recipe from Northern Brewer called Saison de Noel, so I am not sure where they got their inspiration. One of my friends that has been to Belgium loves what it has become. I have never had an Oerbier but it is coming in my Belgium in a Box order.

The man only has a few days left!

Did you get all of the brewery upgrades ordered before SWMBO is official?

On a side note; are we doing iTrader for this thread?

I actually have a pretty stellar brewery if I do say so...there isnt much I need. Dont need much to make it better. Just a house to surround it! Haha.

That will come next year, hopefully. The wedding cleaned us out!

That will come next year, hopefully. The wedding cleaned us out![/QUOTE]

I know the feeling, I just got married in April! Congratulations by the way!

Did everyone get there packages this round??

Going away on Friday till Monday and I don't want to miss the next round!!!

...while Im writing this I just realized its the mans wedding this weekend.
Take your time and enjoy buddy!!

Did everyone get there packages this round??

Going away on Friday till Monday and I don't want to miss the next round!!!

...while Im writing this I just realized its the mans wedding this weekend.
Take your time and enjoy buddy!!

The last package is due for delivery today! The final guy was true to his word, just had some stuff come up in life. Always better late than never.

As for the next round. Ill probably wait till the second week of september to start it up. Still brainstorming, but I am hoping it is an awesome round for number four...

And thanks johnny, thats what everyone says. Take our time and be sure to take some mental snapshots.

Also, I just noticed...that last box is a 40 lb. Box of liquid goodness. It appears he made up for being late!

Grze, keep your ears peeled...should hear this one land even at a few miles away!

Thought I just heard a thud, so I checked the tracking info, the last box just landed!

Cant wait to see what made up that monster!

So,............................. no pictures, or word on that 40 lb. beast?

Got the package guys :) Sorry for no pictures yet but I had to split it so I can take it home ;) Anyway, it arrived safe, one bottled damaged unfortunately so half of the box was wet. Luckily they still delivered it...

Got the package guys :) Sorry for no pictures yet but I had to split it so I can take it home ;) Anyway, it arrived safe, one bottled damaged unfortunately so half of the box was wet. Luckily they still delivered it...

Pics or didn't happen!

Common sense but make sure to clean those bottle necks/caps if you got a broken bottle in the package.
Nothing like poping a cap and drinking glass dust!!

Hi guys, sorry for the delay. The picture doesn't include everything as some were double bottles some I already tried :)
But here it is:

Photo 2428.jpg

This one is over. But the next one should be starting in the next few weeks (hopefully) and no theme has been made known.

Unless I missed it.

Hey. How do I get in on this? I have some good stuff local to me!

1. Fall on toilet. 2. Make a sketch. 3. Buy a delorian. 4. Build prototype og said sketch. 5. Put prototype in delorian. 6. Give keys for delorian to teenager, but this time, for the love of god, go with him. 6. If all else fails, repeat.

Cathedral said:
1. Fall on toilet. 2. Make a sketch. 3. Buy a delorian. 4. Build prototype og said sketch. 5. Put prototype in delorian. 6. Give keys for delorian to teenager, but this time, for the love of god, go with him. 6. If all else fails, repeat.

Not going to happen, or else it would have already... Or maybe it did and he picked up a new screen name, like maybe "cathedral"...

Oh just got an idea for my next homebrew's name: paradox!

Ok....weddings over....its september

Haha, yep. Ill go ahead and get things moving to start this up next week. Ill take suggestions for the requirements...

I will not do a $ based swap. I dont like it. So dont even propose that. Any thoughts on bottle requirements, size, cans only, growlers, beer styles, etc. Throw em out there. I can't guarantee I will use them, but every idea helps to improve the swaps.

Back