"Students are not allowed to defend themselves when they are attacked"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, amazing story. :rockin:. I'm stunned that one of the two boys and family have no shame.

Wow! What a thread. Glad to hear that justice may just prevail with the two boys.

But as bad as those kids were to your daughter, I think her school has initiated a much more damaging assault. She wasn't hurt by the boys, and her jersey will be replaced, so the whole incident is minor. However, a tarnished academic record and the inevitable emotional stress inflicted by the school represents a whole other level of 'assault' in my opinion. I hope you and her uncle are able to protect her from this far worse threat.

Please let us know how things progress -- I know there are a lot of people here thinking about you both.

After talking to my daughter this morning, I've found out that at least six football players, and a couple of wrestlers, who I've also coached, are walking my daughter around school, acting as "bodyguards."

I am guessing that if they are with her for protection, it's not to provide it :D

If you don't stand up for yourself, people will just walk all over you the rest of your life. Is it this school's goal to produce a bunch of spineless wusses? Well, I guess the conspiracy nuts can have at that.

Society in general has gone to pot, especially when it concerns how kids are raised and schooled.

I am guessing that if they are with her for protection, it's not to provide it :D

Seconded!

I'm glad to hear you stuck to your guns, man! You've taught your daughter a wonderful lesson in not being defeated by injustice!

Yeah, when one of the kids told me that they'd make sure that my daughter was safe, I thought to myself "My little girl kicked the crap out of two boys bigger than her, one a foot taller and over 50 lbs. heavier, and you REALLY think that SHE needs protection ?"
But I know that their hearts are in the right place.

I've always told my children to try and deal with issues the calm way first. If there is no resolution and they have to fight back, I have given them my permission to do what is needed. I was bullied a bit in my younger years and it feels like crap and I never want my kids to have to deal with that.

Good on ya, good on your daughter, and screw the schools. It's crap like this that makes it difficult for anyone to get a decent education.

I was always a little guy growing up. I took tae kwon do, but that didn't really help. I found broomsticks, little desks and chalkboards could come in handy, tho.

good for your daughter, love the beat down she gave but even more the shot to those atheletes ego will be hard to live down...HAHA

same thing happened to me...I was attacked by someone, but I got the stiffer penalty because I "won". We threatened litigation and suddenly I wasnt suspended anymore. I guess thats what you get when we pay the people we trust our kids with barely half of what they really should make...oh well

I was always a little guy growing up. I took tae kwon do, but that didn't really help. I found broomsticks, little desks and chalkboards could come in handy, tho.

When I was cornered by several bullies in 6th grade.

I singled out the weakest and went brutal on the SOB. I decked this guy 3 times in the face, then he curled up in a ball and got stomped on with my Texas cowboy boots and I spit on him after I was good and done with him.

Needless to say, the others were speechless. Did nothing and walked away. I think it was a test. Nobody farked with me again. Not even in HS.

Sometimes you just have to stand up and say I'm not gonna take your crap.

Yeah, I think that's what happens with most guys growing up. This situation with a lady is definitely a different dynamic. Punk kids.

I can't agree more. What kind of guys pick on a girl? Even if she's gotta mouth?

If I was their father I think there would be some groveling involved.

Mowing their grass, washing her car, something to show you farked up and need to show they understand. Express regret... through labor.

I'd let my son work for a year and confiscate 50% of his pay to go to a battered womens shelter.

He would be feeling the pain.

I have a question...a little devil's advocate, if you will...

What would jesus do?

Matthew 18:6 (The Message)

6-7"But if you give them a hard time, bullying or taking advantage of their simple trust, you'll soon wish you hadn't. You'd be better off dropped in the middle of the lake with a millstone around your neck. Doom to the world for giving these God-believing children a hard time! Hard times are inevitable, but you don't have to make it worse—and it's doomsday to you if you do.

Sounds about right ;)

I just though I'd let everyone know that I had my daughter read the responses that were posted here, and she was genuinely touched by all of the support that she received.

As she was walking out of my "office", though, she stopped, looked at me and said, "Wait, You mean there's a forum for beer making ?"
"Yeah. We talk about making beer, and a bunch of other stuff."
"God, what a bunch of geeks !"

Kudos to you for at least pushing back at the school. They design policies to be simple and easy, not necessarily right. Luckily their ability to punish stops at "go home for a week".

I would have just let her come home for the week and do whatever she wanted. The fact that she knows she was in the right is all that matters. I'm sure she appreciated the "reduction" to in school suspension :p nothing like sitting in a room all day alone.

I just though I'd let everyone know that I had my daughter read the responses that were posted here, and she was genuinely touched by all of the support that she received.

As she was walking out of my "office", though, she stopped, looked at me and said, "Wait, You mean there's a forum for beer making ?"

lol, she sure hit the nail on the head there...

That is funny. :D Such a typical kid response. Well you all done good. You put order where it belongs and reminded the school people that they work for the parents.

Latest posts

Back