Logan Movie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Went with my daughter to see it yesterday. Very good movie, IMO. While the themes aren't exactly new to movies, they are presented in an interesting way for a "Superhero" movie. The whole thing has a desperate, dark feel. It's plain from the start that Logan and Charles (Professor X) are both facing their own mortality. With Professor X, it's a matter of life and death for many people, as you come to find out.

Logan is ill. He's drinking a lot (more than usual) as he copes with his relationship with Charles. They are obviously close, even if they don't come out and admit it. Logan is gruff and angry, but you can tell by what he does for Xavier, that he actually cares.

The addition of the little girl mutant is another interesting story. The actress who plays Laura does a great job IMO. She reminds me of the little boy from Road Warrior with her feral nature. She's angry a lot like Logan and can lash out when she feels threatened.

Really, it's one of the most human movies in the Marvel universe, with action and some special effects. Now that it's over, I really kind of wished there were more superhero movies like this. Movies that allow you to feel, to be shocked by the language (which would be normal language for many people.), to show how brutal things can be when the bad guys won't stop trying to get what they want, and how brutal the "Good Guys" can be when pushed to the breaking point.

Logan earned it's R rating so don't take your young kids. And also, get there early. Deadpool preview at the start is worth watching. And don't wait for the Marvel End Credits extra scene. It hasn't got one. (I wish the cleanup crew in the theater had told us that when we were sitting there waiting. I mean, obviously we weren't sitting there because we needed to know who the second unit grip was...)

My wife and I really enjoyed it, we were surprised on how good it was and how different it was from the other origin movies.
Was very surprised that fox used this movie to wrap up all 3 of their x-men franchises.
I suppose a complete reboot is in the works, I wonder if Fox retains rights or if it will transfer back to Marvel?

Latest posts

Back