Raleigh Grain Buy - Phase II

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could split a bag of 40L, and would like to try a bag of the ESB pale if someone wants to split that too. Otherwise I have more than enough malt.

As for a party at my house, I like parties and I like beer. Seems to work out that way.

is there talk of another raleigh buy?

if so, count me in. if there is enough interest, i could head one up in the charlotte area.

is there talk of another raleigh buy?

if so, count me in. if there is enough interest, i could head one up in the charlotte area.

Charlotte area here too. I could use some as well, and I have another brewer or two in the area that would be down to buy some.

We are needing a sack of 2 row and a sack of pilsner. Any word on the next grain buy?

I headed up the last one, unfortunately circumstances no longer allow me access to a forklift. I would, however, be interested in doing it again if we can make arrangements for off-loading. I need a bag of pilsner and some others I can't think of now. I even volunteer to head it up, since I now have an account at North County Malt.

I headed up the last one, unfortunately circumstances no longer allow me access to a forklift. I would, however, be interested in doing it again if we can make arrangements for off-loading. I need a bag of pilsner and some others I can't think of now. I even volunteer to head it up, since I now have an account at North County Malt.

I'd be glad to help off load. Let's see the responce we get from everyone else. How many sack do you normally like to get for a purchase?

I'd be glad to help off load. Let's see the responce we get from everyone else. How many sack do you normally like to get for a purchase?

I think for the price break, it was something on the order of 42 bags (2200 lbs).

Anything at or above that makes it very attractive price-wise.

I would certainly be willing to consider some stuff. I'm at work and not totally sure of my inventory right now, but I have a few friends that might be in as well.

Atta boy Reelale!!! I knew you'd get back on the wagon. I would definitely help off load if my schedule permits. I would also definitely be in for a sack or 2 this time around.

My post #121 still stands. I'd be happy to split a bag of 40L with BigDug, and if anyone wants to split a bag of ESB Pale Ale malt I'm curious about it.

I'd be in to split a bag of Thomas Fawcett Carastan a couple ways. It's an awesome crystal for british beers if you haven't tried it.

anybody close to charlotte in on this one? i'd be willing to throw in for gas if someone is heading over there, or i could be persuaded to drive if need be. i'm in for a two or three bags.

Can anyone post up the price list? I can't seem to find it.

I would be in for 2 sacks of base, and possibly some specialties depending on price.

I was in on the last one. I can help do whatever reeleale needs. I am in for two bags at least. I still have a lot, but don't want to miss out.

You Triangle guys might want to call the new Natty Greene's brewery in Raleigh. I've got it on good authority that the brewery in Greensboro will sell you a 55lb bag of 2-row at cost, which is around $20...

Just a heads up.

Interesting. I was just there Saturday for an AHA rally and they seemed to forget to mention that. May just have to shoot them a call or an email about that. Thanks for the heads up!

Is this still going down? I would be interested in 2 bags of CMC 2 row as well as 1/2 a bag of TF Marris otter and 1/2 bag of C40, if I can find some people to split those with.

I think this is still going. But the Natty Green option sounds very good.....at least from my perspective. I wonder if they would entertain specialty grains on a pre-order basis too?

Not sure on that. They don't pre-order it for you afaik, they'll just sell you a sack of 2-row. Kayne and Chris started as homebrewers so I think it's just their way of "giving back."

that's still a much better deal than 2-row from NCM. I'd have to run the numbers though, cuz' NCM allowed any combination of sacks.

that's still a much better deal than 2-row from NCM. I'd have to run the numbers though, cuz' NCM allowed any combination of sacks.
Let ,me know what you find out, that sounds almost too good to be true, Ill be watching this thread, later.

All I know is a buddy of mine is a homebrewer and used to work at Natty's in Greensboro. He said they'd sell a sack of 2-row to homebrewers when they'd stop in and ask. Now this was at the main brewery, not the brewpub, so I'm not sure what the Raleigh deal is.

$20 bags of grain would be real good for those times when you pump half your wort to the driveway!

birdman250x250.jpg

No one was there to give me a straight answer but I spoke with a girl who took my info and said she would get someone to email me. I did see they have a "meet the brewer" night on Wednesday until 7:30. If I don't hear anything by then I might try that.

I hope the Natty Greene thing pans out. But if not, I'm willing and able to put together another group buy.....with off-loading help of course. Standing by....

Since we placed our order in the last 12 months, we meet their "current account" criteria.

I couldn't make it by natty greens tonight. I say we just order a pallet. If the NG thing works out we'll always have that for our 2-row.

I vote for a pallet order as well. We would be able to get a wider variety of malt then buying from NG's (assuming NG's would sell to us). I'm also willing to help offload. Reelale, if you head this up just let me know how I can help. Still thinking off getting around 3-4 bags.

Back