One gallon pump suggestions anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garyblueberry

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a strange and particular question for you all. I'm working on upgrading my one gallon brewing setup at the moment and am almost complete! However, I want to use a pump system for it. Preferably 2 pumps. I'm not looking to break the bank on them (<$100) I just want them to self prime and not impart any flavor into the wort. Does anyone know of any decent pumps that would work for this application? I know it sounds ridiculous to have 2 pumps for a one gallon batch but I think it's cool, and it will help me smooth out my talking in my YouTube channel. Thank you in advance!

I don't know if you'll find a self priming pump for food, at least I haven't had luck in finding one. I ended up getting food grade solar pumps. They are 10-20 bucks on ebay and amazon. They aren't self priming so I added them directly to my pot via ball valve. If you don't want to add a ball valve you can stick the pump directly in the kettle and pump the wort out of the kettle. It'll just be stick afterwards.

This guy has been working great for my 2.5 gallon batches and doesn't break the bank:
bayite BYT-7A015 DC 12V Solar Hot Water Circulation Pump with DC Power Supply Adapter 2.1 GPM
Link: http://a.co/5fxCeCW

thanks man, ill go with that, that seems to be what I'm looking for. nice to see a fellow CT brewer, hopefully the snow isn't treating you too bad!

I just ordered a pump like that one for my 1g brew setup. Honestly, playing with chillers and pumps and electric kettles is half the fun and why shouldn't the 1 gallon brewers get in on that action?

I just ordered a pump like that one for my 1g brew setup. Honestly, playing with chillers and pumps and electric kettles is half the fun and why shouldn't the 1 gallon brewers get in on that action?

I'm interested to hear how it works out for you, I'm glad you agree with me on getting in on all the fun! Cheers!

Back