Official 2011 "Pay It Foward" Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to have to look through my stuff to look for any extra stuff. I'm really not sure what would be of any use/value to anyone though. I'm still trying to acquire equipment and get into all-grain brewing...and kegging.

I've been out of work for several months too. Here's hoping we find some jobs soon! [...]anyway, good luck on job search stanzela! I'm there with ya! Hope santa brings jobs!

Thanks, Starrfish, and everyone else. I actually got a call today about a job I applied for on a whim: Brewer's Assistant :mug:

I interview on Friday. Would love to be paid-forward some good luck, I'll likely need it!

Best of luck to you in your search as well.

Ok, I found it. A WELL used regulator, quarter inch barb valve. It was my first one and worked when I took it off. Been in my shed for some time now so you might have to tinker with it a bit, but it should still work.

Anyone interested?
2011-12-07_22-48-59_467.jpg

That was fast!! DisturbdChemist, it's yours

I have a spare sankey d coupler I would be happy to send someone... especially if they were planning on using it for pressurized fermenting since that is my new latest obsession.

I could use the coupler, if it's still available..

I've got 2 1/2 pounds peated malt and 1 oz saaz. Found out I don't like smoked beers too much.

Pogopunx82 said:
I've got 2 1/2 pounds peated malt and 1 oz saaz. Found out I don't like smoked beers too much.

Mmmmm smoke...I would love to take that off your hands!

IffyG said:
I know it's not brewing equipment, but I figure there have to be some whiskey drinkers that might have a use for them. I have an extra set of brand new whiskey stones if someone wants them.

Edit: Gone to Regulation

Iffy it's west--- Pms are full.

Can you delete Pms on HBT mobile?

I have a used hoff-stevens coupler laying around that I have no use for, although I'm not sure if anyone has any use for them anymore.

Dave_Miller book.
1st PM takes it.

FYI, the rules per Yooper are "and send it (for free) to the first person who responds IN THIS THREAD."
** not PMs.
The purpose is to keep track of claimers, as each is only to take one. I see you added who it went out to, so that concern is not present. I just wanted to note this so other posters of goods don't follow suit.
cheers.

I have a candy thermometer if anyone wants it... although I think all of us have one of those by now?

I would love a new thermometer that I can leave in while i am steeping (or mashing as I am attempting to start all grain). I have a digital one now and the display fogs up at the sight of any steam

If that style would be good, and its still available. I am in need

I have an extra bag of rice hulls sitting on my shelf. I know its not much, but someone must want 'em and I don't have much to give. I think its 1 pound.

Gone to Airborneguy!

Ok I have something coming to me so its time I start listing some things.
No ship - Live in Firestone Colorado (by Longmont)
75 quart Coleman Xtreme cooler converted into a mash tun. Includes stainless braid that has a coiled wire inside it to prevent it from collapsing. Valve is also included. I have filed the hollow lid with expanding foam to help keep the heat in. This thing can do 5 to 15 gallon batches and I would typically get 70-74% efficiency with a dual batch sparge. Sorry I won't ship, I live in Firestone Colorado (by Longmont) if you want to set up a pickup.

Edit: Gone to MoPhunk

ForumRunner_20111209_183436.jpg

ForumRunner_20111209_183504.jpg

Another up for grabs-
False bottom for keg. I have cut a 7/8" inch hole in the center so you can use 1/2" pipe for better flow. See the Jaybird version I just upgrade to. THE JAYBIRD VERSION IS NOT FOR PAY IT FORWARD. You get the 11.5" false bottom. Free ship in US

Edit: Gone to bottlebomber

ForumRunner_20111209_184324.jpg

ForumRunner_20111209_184420.jpg

acefaser said:
Another up for grabs-
False bottom for keg. I have cut a 7/8" inch hole in the center so you can use 1/2" pipe for better flow. See the Jaybird version I just upgrade to. THE JAYBIRD VERSION IS NOT FOR PAY IT FORWARD. You get the 11.5" false bottom. Free ship in US

Yes! I'll take that please!

acefaser said:
Ok I have something coming to me so its time I start listing some things.

75 quart Coleman Xtreme cooler converted into a mash tun. Includes stainless braid that has a coiled wire inside it to prevent it from collapsing. Valve is also included. I have filed the hollow lid with expanding foam to help keep the heat in. This thing can do 5 to 15 gallon batches and I would typically get 70-74% efficiency with a dual batch sparge. Sorry I won't ship, I live in Firestone Colorado (by Longmont) if you want to set up a pickup.

Would you ship if I paid for it?

Well, my e-brewery has been up and running for about a year now, so here's what I've got to share:
photo.jpg

There's a 30A double pole DIN breaker, 2 120V red indicator lamps, about a dozen DIN terminal blocks with a few 2 block jumpers and a couple big jumpers (I think they're 8 block). There's a few end plates, a few of the end blocks, some wire on the spools, and then the jacketed stuff...

Basically it's a box full of odds and ends to build a control panel. Not enough for a full build, but it's a good place to start. If you know what this stuff is then it's for you, and if not please let someone else have a chance at it.

You can pick it up if you're near Portland, or I can ship.

-EDIT: Gone to runningweird

Well, my e-brewery has been up and running for about a year now, so here's what I've got to share:
photo.jpg

There's a 30A double pole DIN breaker, 2 120V red indicator lamps, about a dozen DIN terminal blocks with a few 2 block jumpers and a couple big jumpers (I think they're 8 block). There's a few end plates, a few of the end blocks, some wire on the spools, and then the jacketed stuff...

Basically it's a box full of odds and ends to build a control panel. Not enough for a full build, but it's a good place to start. If you know what this stuff is then it's for you, and if not please let someone else have a chance at it.

You can pick it up if you're near Portland, or I can ship.

I'd love to get your control panel bits and bobs!

acefaser said:
This thing is huge. You could probably build one for the price it would be to ship. Where to?

Don't worry about it then. I get 75% off of fedex. If you can get me the measurements and weight I can see if its worth it. But if its a hassle don't worry about it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back