Official 2011 "Pay It Foward" Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling good now. Here is something I've had for a while and I haven't used it. It has a couple of good dings but holds pressure.
I'd love it

gone to Mb2658

DSC00876.jpg

DSC00877.jpg

DSC00878.jpg

shelly_belly said:
Feeling good now. Here is something I've had for a while and I haven't used it. It has a couple of good dings but holds pressure.

I'd love it

Yooper said:
Guys, this isn't a wish list! I've deleted every post requesting/asking for certain items. That goes against the rules, and the spirit of this thread.

Haha! I was just thinking the same thing...

Guys, this isn't a wish list! I've deleted every post requesting/asking for certain items. That goes against the rules, and the spirit of this thread.

Well done Yooper, and many many thanks to everyone who has offered these great items. Makes it really happy times for those of us who are still getting set up in the hobby!

Thanks Yooper. Remember this is about giving not receiving. Also please remember to edit your original post with "Gone to ........."

Yooper and everyone else on HBT,
I just found this thread, and couldn't agree more with everyone who said how great this forum was, and all of its/our members.

I've only been brewing for a few months, but have gained immeasurable knowledge from this site.

I have been getting some brew gear off of craigs list, and know that I have at least one of the red bottle cappers - but think that I have 2 or 3, but I'll do each seperate, to ensure that I don't over promise. The picture is of the same style that I just copied off Ebay for reference, and I've never used it, but it looks fine (my brewing partner has one of the other styles).

I'll be glad to ship it out tomorrow, or Saturday at the latest. Merry Christmas and Happy Brew Year!

Mort

Gone to Fizzycist - will ship ASAP

bottlecapper.jpg

Also, isn't this a thread for experienced and well-off brewer to give away extra items to less fortunate brewers??

I hope only those in need are accepting offers...

Homercidal said:
Also, isn't this a thread for experienced and well-off brewer to give away extra items to less fortunate brewers??

I hope only those in need are accepting offers...

I always thought the concept of paying it forward was selfless giving, in hopes that the receiver does the same. It's not about need. Random acts of kindness. Rich giving to poor is charity. Man giving to man is mankind. It seems that quite a few of the givers are new to the hobby/obsession.

What is NOT is a beg-fest! Take that nonsense to the classifieds. If you want something out of this world, give something to it. That's the whole point.

I just found this thread, and couldn't agree more with everyone who said how great this forum was, and all of its/our members.

I've only been brewing for a few months, but have gained immeasurable knowledge from this site.

I have been getting some brew gear off of craigs list, and know that I have at least one of the red bottle cappers - but think that I have 2 or 3, but I'll do each seperate, to ensure that I don't over promise. The picture is of the same style that I just copied off Ebay for reference, and I've never used it, but it looks fine (my brewing partner has one of the other styles).

I'll be glad to ship it out tomorrow, or Saturday at the latest. Merry Christmas and Happy Brew Year!

Mort

New brewer here who hasn't bought a bottle capper yet. I'd love yours!

Mort

Gone to Fizzycist - will ship ASAP

If you find another one, I would love one as well!! Let me know, thanks!!

I have a Discount Tommy Corona style grain mill up for grabs. I may ask you to pay shipping depending on where you're located and whether it'll fit in a flat rate box
Gone to Wofhound180.\

Clifton said:
I have a Discount Tommy Corona style grain mill up for grabs. I may ask you to pay shipping depending on where you're located and whether it'll fit in a flat rate box.

This might help me get into pm and AG

For some reason I can't see page 22. Anyone else having this problem.

I have the following to offer and it can all go to one person or you can pick and choose:

1 - 5g Keg Parka from MoreBeer
Gone to brandonhagen1

1 - Bottle capper
Gone to cardinalsfan

1 - 1.5" stir bar
Gone to halohater

1 - Homebrew old fashioned cola extract (concentrated)
Gone to msa8967

1 - Bag of oxygen barrier bottle caps (54 count I think)
Gone to cardinalsfan

2 - Bag of bottle caps (60 count each)
Gone to cardinalsfan

PM me with your address and happy holidays!

IMG_1502.jpg

I have the following to offer and it can all go to one person or you can pick and choose:

1 - Bottle capper

1 - 1.5" stir bar

I need the capper and caps please!!

Am I the only one that can't view page 22?

Edit: I reformated to see more posts per page and could see the posts I missed. I don't know why it was working the way it was but I'm caught up now.

PM Sent, if you still have the stir bar that would rock!

Gone to brandonhagen1

1 - Bottle capper
Gone to cardinalsfan

1 - 1.5" stir bar

Gone to cardinalsfan

Gone to cardinalsfan

I got a very generous gift from the thread and I am just about to use it. I love this thread and even though I'm pretty green and don't really have anything of value I don't need, I do have two things someone might want. It's no keg but I have a new tube of pH strips- 2.8-4.4. Also an ounce of Potassium Sorbate. Should be full; I don't remember ever using it but it appears to be 2/3 full. Happy holidays to all.

pH strips gone to cessick7

Gone to brandonhagen1

1 - Bottle capper
Gone to cardinalsfan

1 - 1.5" stir bar
Gone to halohater

Gone to cardinalsfan

Gone to cardinalsfan

I would love to give the cola a try if it is still available. I think it is very generous of you to offer all of this out of your extra equipment. I hope some good brewing karma comes your way.

I would love to give the cola a try if it is still available. I think it is very generous of you to offer all of this out of your extra equipment. I hope some good brewing karma comes your way.

It's yours. PM me your address and I'll get it out to you this Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back