Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
reports have now come across espn.com that brett favre turned in his retirement papers into the nfl offices.
who all here believes it that he'll follow through this time and stay retired? i think he will. :mug:

I think he knows there's about a half dozen other reporters and massage therapists ready to come out of the woodwork if he doesn't get out of the spotlight. :D

He's gotta be brainstorming, "Ok... just how many people did I txt my wang to?"

What coach would possibly agree to taking on the Brett Favre Nightmare nowadays? He might still be a better QB than some teams have, but most teams with crappy QB situation want to develop a young guy, anyway. Ain't no coach going to want to take on his act.

My only Cape dig as I was really hoping I was going to be able to quote this.

... "Not looking forward to playing that Packer team again once they're healthy."

GB isn't in yet either but I was so hoping we had a repeat.

Now start working on that recipe for NHC.

A Packer fan, a Viking fan and a Bear fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves his team more. The Viking fan insists he is the most loyal. "This is for the Vikings" he yells, and jumps off the side of the mountain. Not to be outdone, the Packer fan is next to profess his love for his team. He yells "This is for the Packers!" and pushes the Bear fan off the mountain!!!!

reports have now come across espn.com that brett favre turned in his retirement papers into the nfl offices.
who all here believes it that he'll follow through this time and stay retired? i think he will. :mug:

He's starting to get injuries that will never fully heal.. He's a complete idiot if he tries to continue... His family must intervene to break him from his addiction to the spotlight...

Meanwhile, wouldn't be surprised if his wife and daughter are studying in the field of family law...

That happened to two families I know of... The first was the number three pilot for western air lines.. who lived down the block from me as a kid.. Evidently he liked to dip into the stewardesses... His wife knew about it but never said a word..... The daughters went to law school.. their first case upon passing the bar, was representing their mother.. They took 'everything' including his interest in the flight school he was a third owner of... They forced it's sale, and his co-owner buddies blamed him...

The other instance was the owner of a union electrical contracting company that I worked for when I was an apprentice... The guy was always showing up on the job with his souped up porsche carrera... He was doing the secretary... The wife (and everyone else knew it)... So she shut up and put herself through law school.. When she passed the bar, she sued him for divorce and took everything.. including the business and the carrera.. She sold the business to a guy he hated more than anyone on earth... for a song...

So he got to watch her and his daughter driving around in the carrera he used to love.. and the guy he hates more than anyone on earth running his business....

I would not be at all surprised to see the favre saga end in a similar way...

I'm glad the Pack off-loaded him a few years ago. Let him be someone else's problem. Now all those that were upset when he got traded are saying 'Brett who?'. He did have a great career, but he did tarnish it with his off the field antics.

So now I can turn my full attention to my NHC comp brewing schedule.

I would be surpised if I don't win three or four categories.
Not in any of my catagories (which have yet to be determined, I'll be brewing like a belgian monk the next couple months).

I think Brent's really done this time, I'm more curious about Kolb/Vick and if Philly tries to keep both or what.

Philly can't keep both. Kolb's under contract, Vick isn't. They're going to give mad money to Vick, or the city will uprise, and trade Kolb for a low 1st/high 2nd-round pick - maybe a little more that the Pats got for Matt Cassell. They've got to try and get the Vick extension done ASAP, as it's a lot easier to trade a QB before the draft than after (since teams that NEED a QB will be drafting one, even if a second- or third-rounder).

So, Michael-Mike Vick has a LOT of leverage right now. Can't see him playing anywhere else, though - they'll get a deal done.

Philly can't keep both. Kolb's under contract, Vick isn't. They're going to give mad money to Vick, or the city will uprise, and trade Kolb* for a low 1st/high 2nd-round pick - maybe a little more that the Pats got for Matt Cassell. They've got to try and get the Vick extension done ASAP, as it's a lot easier to trade a QB before the draft than after (since teams that NEED a QB will be drafting one, even if a second- or third-rounder).

So, Michael-Mike Vick has a LOT of leverage right now. Can't see him playing anywhere else, though - they'll get a deal done.

*No trades until new CBA is set

Not in any of my catagories (which have yet to be determined, I'll be brewing like a belgian monk the next couple months).

I'm sure you're right... I make crappy beer. I just like talkin' smack.

I am 99% positive it is a water issue. The water in my town is crappy, hence crappy beer. I'm workin' on a few solutions though.

I'm planning on having it figured out ASAP and then I'll probably win, pretty much, all of the categories I'll be entering. :D

I'm pretty sure there are "three or four" Super Bowls left to play... and the Pats are a young team now with a a$$ton of picks coming up. So... I wouldn't hurt yourself laughing just yet.

hahaha! too late!!! baaaahahhahahahaha!

do the fans get to watch billy mushroom stamp his "bad little foot soldiers"?

I'm sure you're right... I make crappy beer. I just like talkin' smack.

I am 99% positive it is a water issue. The water in my town is crappy, hence crappy beer. I'm workin' on a few solutions though.

I'm planning on having it figured out ASAP and then I'll probably win, pretty much, all of the categories I'll be entering. :D
My tap water is crap too, I use RO from the machine at the grocery store @ 25 cents/gal and add CaCl (per the water primer sticky in the Brew Science forum).

I make plenty of crappy beer but I just brew a lot and blind squirrels...

I just wish there was a way for both AFC teams to lose this week, don't want either to even GO to the SB.

beautiful....

Seahawks win more playoff games than the Pats. Nice call Cape; you effing suck at this!

go Jets?? or uh Packers??

I think the NO newspaper summed this weekend up the best:
ept_sports_nfl_experts-787535962-1295361254.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Picture-New-Orleans-newspaper-s-Jets-Patriots-t?urn=nfl-309032

A former Miss Teen Mississippi,
Wow, that is one baaaaaaaaad drug.

But imo, it would be a disgrace if Brent's number was NOT on that wall. We like to rag on him these days but the fact is he was one of the greats. And off-the-field stuff shouldn't enter into it imo (eg - any legitimate baseball hall of fame has Pete Rose in it, dude was one of the all-time greats, put him in the friggin hall).

one of the greats? he was wildly ENTERTAINING to watch. as a QB, he was maybe above average at best.

and, when it mattered, he flopped around more than his d*ck. how many playoff/superbowl games did he personally throw away?

As much as I've grown to hate Favre, to make any judgment about his career or his place in any NFL or team Hall of Fame based on the actions of his sister is completely, 100% unfair. I do think Favre is a Hall of Famer. Green Bay was a helluva good team under his stewardship, and he did a lot of great things there - a lot of dumb things at important times, but it's hard to argue that for the bulk of his career he was one of the league's great players.

His ignominious exits from Green Bay, the Jets, and the Vikings doesn't diminish how good he was from ~1994 to ~2004.

As much as I've grown to hate Favre, to make any judgment about his career or his place in any NFL or team Hall of Fame based on the actions of his sister is completely, 100% unfair. I do think Favre is a Hall of Famer. Green Bay was a helluva good team under his stewardship, and he did a lot of great things there - a lot of dumb things at important times, but it's hard to argue that for the bulk of his career he was one of the league's great players.

the sister thing was an aside, i didn't mean it like that

oh, now we were a "helluva good football team"? I thought we "pretty much sucked since the 60's"??

"Pretty much sucked except for Brett Favre..." ;)

To be honest, I hadn't realized how good Green Bay's record was for most of the time under Favre. The team was pretty horrible for what, thirty years between Lombardi's departure and Favre's arrival. I'm convinced that Green Bay *should* have been better over Favre's tenure, a couple fewer stupid, stupid plays in the playoffs and they'd have more than one (recent) Super Bowl title.

Still, to argue that Favre does not belong in the Hall of Fame or in the Packers' team Hall of Fame... nah. He was never the transcendent player that ESPN wants you to believe he was, but he's still one of the best of his generation.

Still, to argue that Favre does not belong in the Hall of Fame or in the Packers' team Hall of Fame... nah. He was never the transcendent player that ESPN wants you to believe he was, but he's still one of the best of his generation.

Speaking as a vikes fan, I can still remember games against the pack at the homerdome, no commentators, no halftime report, where Brett took over the game and refused to lose.

It was different for divisional games, the favre legend thrived there. Imagine if the jets managed to beat a 14-2 pats team 2 out of 3 times. I trust you can understand that bird :)

Oh, by the way?

Ocho Cinco's a Patriot next season. Write it down. Been saying that for a couple weeks, since the Bengals made it clear that they didn't want him back next season. Ocho Cinco's tweeting to the Herald how much he wants to join the Pats.

It has been widely speculated that six-time Pro Bowl receiver Chad Ochocinco will not be wearing a Cincinnati Bengals uniform next season. With his future in Cincinnati up in the air, Ochocinco has expressed interest in playing for Bill Belichick in New England.

“@RapSheet PePe and Bill #EPIC,” the charismatic receiver tweeted to the Boston Herald. PePe is one of Ochocinco’s many alter egos.

The 10-year veteran is coming off a disappointing season in which he only caught 67 passes for 831 yards and four touchdowns. Ochocinco feuded with head coach Marvin Lewis and raised questions about his maturity by becoming frustrated when quarterback Carson Palmer did not target him with great regularity.

Leading up to the Bengals-Patriots matchup in Week 1 of the regular season, Ochocinco and Belichick expressed mutual admiration for one another through the media.

“I like Chad – I like him as a player. I like him as a person,” Belichick said at the time, according to NESN.com. “I like his enthusiasm and the fun he has with football, and I like how he competes on the football field. I have a lot of respect for that.”

Ochocinco gushed about Belichick by saying, “It became a relationship beyond just a football player and a coach. He became a friend of mine. He has a lot of respect for me in my game and I have a lot of respect for him in everything he’s done as a coach.”

He and Belichick are boys. I can totally see them rocking out at a Bon Jovi concert together. Dude might have changed things somewhat this past weekend; think we saw that the Welker/Branch combo just isn't quite good enough, they need a real playmaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) that Cutler photoshop is funny

2) Jeeeeeeeesus!!! CHRIST!!! Did anyone see Al Davis announcing Jackson as the new head coach!?! Hooooooly freakin crap!! The man is a zombie!! He's tough to evem look at!!!

3) Pats are still awesome and are still the Most Dominant Team of The Milenium. And if you don't think so, you're stupid.

Back