Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the Dolphins lose draft picks over their cheating! NFL will be looking into teams jumping the gun on negotiations. Heads will roll!

I hope the Dolphins lose draft picks over their cheating! NFL will be looking into teams jumping the gun on negotiations. Heads will roll!

It's ironic, and hilarious, that you're wrong about what they're looking into. They're looking into whether deals were already made. Negotiations were 100% legal from Saturday noon and on.

Far as I can tell some agents are going to get a talking too for spilling the beans and one-upping the NFL's version of national signing day.

Here's a memo that lays out what's legal. Look at items 1 and 2. So basically the rule is, you can make a deal, but it can't be formalized until after Midnight when FA officially starts. Pretty sure Suh, McCoy, Maxwell, Maclin and Gore haven't formally executed any contracts.

Besides, the league is busy taking "Physics for social sciences" in an effort to sort out this deflate-gate mess. :)

We should get draft picks from the Jets for Woody tampering with our players as well. Far as I can tell, the Pats are the only honest team in the AFC east.

We should get draft picks from the Jets for Woody tampering with our players as well. Far as I can tell, the Pats are the only honest team in the AFC east.

The appropriate punishment for tampering is a fine. I'm sure Woody will notice a couple thousand dollars missing. Just waiting for 4:01 pm and the wailing, gnashing of teeth, and besmirching of Revis' character by Pats fans.

The appropriate punishment for tampering is a fine. I'm sure Woody will notice a couple thousand dollars missing. Just waiting for 4:01 pm and the wailing, gnashing of teeth, and besmirching of Revis' character by Pats fans.

Actually, if any Revis signing (other than one by the Pats) does happen at 4:01, you can guarantee that there was cheating going on. Pats have made it clear that they're declining his option, but have not yet released him. Expect that release to come at, oh, 3:59 PM or so today. If anyone not in the Pats organization already has a deal lined up with him, that's proof positive of tampering - the only people that can negotiate with the guy at this point are the Pats, since he's still under contract to them.

Hahahaha. Pats fan talking about "proof" when it comes to cheating. The Pats are probably the only team in North American professional sports that should never talk about cheating, ever. That's the one angle you guys should never, ever take.

Here's how the Jets negotiations with Revis are going to go:

Jets: "Anything you want. Anything."

Revis: (Some obscenely stupid amount of guaranteed money, absurd length of contract, and an player option to out the contract in two years.)

Jets: "Here's our check book."

The Jets have a stupid amount of cap space and need to spend the money. The Pats don't. That's the difference here and everyone knows it, especially Revis and his agent.

Jets are cheaters.

So are the Dolphins.

There's 3 kinds of statements that could be intended here:
1) Slander, it's trumped up lies meant to offend.
2) Spreading factual information that generally impugns the subject-it's not slander, because it's true.
3) Satire. It's so far from the truth no one could reasonably believe it, and it's often funny.

Thanks for the laughs. :mug:

Suh will disappear with a whimper after he signs his big contract.
Plus, Brady keeps getting faster with age. He'll be running like Russell Wilson next year. Well, without the soul crushing interceptions.

It's okay Hoppy. Somewhere in ****hole-istan there are starving children wearing "Seattle XLIX Champions" t-shirts and even they know Russell isn't black enough to lead that locker room.

Um, by now any retard should know that Carroll didn't call that play. LOLZ

Best quote of the year:

"Throw it. Throw it Bev"

He should have told him to run it. Bev should have told Pete to shut his whore mouth.

“Throw it. Throw it Bev. This is that time right now. This is the down where we throw it because we have the better matchups to throw it and the lesser matchups to run it,” stated Seattle Seahawks’ coach Carroll in a radio interview on 710 ESPN Seattle last Tuesday as he described what he said to Seattle’s offensive coordinator Darren Bevell on the final play.

Best quote of the year:

"Throw it. Throw it Bev"

He should have told him to run it. Bev should have told Pete to shut his whore mouth.

“Throw it. Throw it Bev. This is that time right now. This is the down where we throw it because we have the better matchups to throw it and the lesser matchups to run it,” stated Seattle Seahawks’ coach Carroll in a radio interview on 710 ESPN Seattle last Tuesday as he described what he said to Seattle’s offensive coordinator Darren Bevell on the final play.

BS, you know it

Eagles are one step closer to drafting Mariota.

Hoppy can always be an Eagles fan now since half the team is from that college he didn't go to...

Vegas has the current odds for Grahams first injury at 3.5 games. I think I'm going to get in now before the line gets driven down by all the bettors.

Don't forget the 1st round picks involved. Terrible trade by both teams.

What? Are you high it's a first rd for Jimmy Graham. Unger is there yes but really he's injury prone and has missed almost as many games as he's played in the last two years. Plus we get a 4th back. I'll take a top proven wr/te talent for a low first any day of the week.

It's a win for both teams. Saints get a first and a sometimes player. And hawks get a game changer that they were looking for to catch passes from Wilson.

What? Are you high it's a first rd for Jimmy Graham. Unger is there yes but really he's injury prone and has missed almost as many games as he's played in the last two years. Plus we get a 4th back. I'll take a top proven wr/te talent for a low first any day of the week.

It's a win for both teams. Saints get a first and a sometimes player. And hawks get a game changer that they were looking for to catch passes from Wilson.

The initial reports when the trade broke was multiple 1st round picks to the Saints. If it's just one 1st round pick + a C, it's a terrible trade for the Saints. I realize they're in cap hell but Graham is a game changer.

Unger is (was) Seattle's best offensive lineman. I don't like the trade.

Take off your Oregon hat there for a second. Yea he was a leader and had talent but when you aren't on the field what good are you? Lewis and Pierre did a fine job when they came in the running game ticked right along with a backup center in.

This is a good year for late rd interior linemen. Pats and packers both started rookie centers last year how'd that work out for those teams?

Plus cable is still the coach here and he's going to get the best out of them.

Back