Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone doesn't understand how the tag works...

They tag him, and they pay him the average of the top 5 at his position. By definition, that can't work out to the highest paid in his position. The math just doesn't work out that way.

You're right about someone not understanding how the tag works... the player either gets average of the top 5 or 120% of the previous year, whichever is greater. So the math does indeed work out that way. Gostkowski IS the highest paid kicker in the league now that the pats tagged him.

http://overthecap.com/position/kicker/2015/

Yeah, ok. And Alcatraz is in the AFC/NFC West.

Which brings us to Oakland.

Historically, the perfect fit for someone with Suh's skill set...

Cheers!

Are you ****ing mental? Suh strikes me as EXACTLY the kind of player who would go to whoever is offering him the most money.

He may have anger issues, but he isnt stupid. He's gonna get $100M+ deal no matter where he goes. Why would he take an extra 10 or 20% to be on a team that doesnt have a chance of ever contending for a championship?

Why would he take an extra 10 or 20% to be on a team that doesnt have a chance of ever contending for a championship?

you just said he ISN'T stupid. stop contradicting yourself.

he's 28. why not get paid extra and move into that retirement village that is the Raiders? Nice, easy, 16 game season. nobody cares if you stomp on people. it's perfect.

Raiders actually have a pretty solid foundation at the moment. Khalil Mack, David Carr...they hit well on their last draft. They need more play makers but they're not going to be as abysmal as they have in the past. Although, if I were a premier free agent I don't think I'd want to play half the season on a baseball field.

He's going to end up with some team that sucks I bet. Which will be perfect so we can all watch his frustration boil over often and take it out on the opposition.

So cat knows what we're talking about

aEz72c8.jpg

Why would he take an extra 10 or 20% to be on a team that doesnt have a chance of ever contending for a championship?

He goes to the crapola team that overpays him, he continues to act like a career criminal and in the end he ends up breaking even because Oakland ends up paying the fine.

Brilliant!

Raiders actually have a pretty solid foundation at the moment. Khalil Mack, David Carr...they hit well on their last draft. They need more play makers but they're not going to be as abysmal as they have in the past. Although, if I were a premier free agent I don't think I'd want to play half the season on a baseball field.

Agreed about the Raiders. I'll guarantee that they win more games than the Niners this year, but that ain't saying much. I think the Raiders are an 8-8 team.

At least I didn't start buying Hawks gear with the number 12 on it because it was the year they started winning.

Cheers all! :mug:

the best part about florida is they have two teams that just blow.

kinda....kinda like what they put up their nose.

(get it?? blow!? miami!? i'm from accounting!!)

I doubt he decides to go to Oakland. Even if they paid him the most money, I dont think a guy with his talent would go to a terrible team like that.

They are not as terrible as you think. They are a couple seasons away from being pretty good. With Suh and a decent draft they could push for a playoff spot this year.

Oh, balls.

Thank you for the two titles, Big Vinnie! Hoepfully, releasing Wilfork means that they'll have enough cap space to get a deal done with Revis (and maybe McCourty). Hate to see Vince go, but if his departure means that the defensive backfield can stay intact, I think you've got to do that.

All Revis gives a **** about is money. He doesn't give a **** about winning and he doesn't care about how titles. Those are nice. All he cares about is being the highest paid CB in the NFL. The Pats should be smart, recognize that they got what they needed out of Revis, and either get a fair deal worked out or move on. McCourty is more critical long-term than Revis is for the Pats.

Personally I'd love to see the Pats blow their cap on a guy who doesn't give a **** and only affects one offensive player during a game. Letting Wilfork walk for that isn't a good decision especially when players like Wilfork are much more difficult to find. Wilfork eats blocks and puts huge pressure on the offensive line in passing plays. As a Jets fan, I've seen Wilfork make countless frustrating plays. Revis - enjoy the headache that goes with that. IF the Pats sign him to a multi-year contract expect him to hold out next summer. He only cares about the money.

No. Just look at Revis' history. He's a great CB but he's not THE best. Maybe he was a few years ago, but not anymore. McCourty is the more important player for the Pats to resign. You can get adequate replacements via free agency for Revis and avoid his BS. Wilfork is not so easily replaceable.

I don't know, a 34-year old DL who's already missed most of a season due to a blown achilles (granted, he came back from it in pretty fine form) who's already showing some signs of decline, doesn't exactly scream "pay that man $9 million"! Now, let the guy test free agency and re-sign him in a month to something more team friendly, sure!

As to the relative values of Revis and McCourty, I can't argue with you - I kind of agree there. McCourty has made some great plays, and he allows other DB's to play just a little bit differently too. But the both of them together really seem to make that secondary hum. I do think I disagree on just what Revis wants at this point in his career, especially after the season he just had with the squad he just played with, and a lot of what he has been saying over the past season, but the only one who really knows what's in the guy's head is him.

No. Just look at Revis' history. He's a great CB but he's not THE best. Maybe he was a few years ago, but not anymore. McCourty is the more important player for the Pats to resign. You can get adequate replacements via free agency for Revis and avoid his BS. Wilfork is not so easily replaceable.

History is an important thing to look at but what BS did you see coming from him this year as a Pat? None! Him and McCourty were great together. Hell, even throw Browner in there. The 3 of them made great plays and added something to the D that the Pats were missing for years.

No doubt that Vince is hard to replace. The Pats just didn't want to pay for him. For that position, he is old. I would absolutely like Vince, Revis and McCourty to all come back but that will most likely not happen.

I've got $5 that says the starting nose tackle for the 2015 Patriots will be Vince Wilfork

I think it could happen. Vince is a great player and fits well with the Pats D. He is getting old and had a major injury. Not many teams would pay for him. I definitely could see him coming back to the Pats if no one picks him up.

Brandon Marshall to the Jets is such a Jets move...

See Hoppy... this is where your ignorance really shines through...

Brandon Marshall has a reputation for sticking by and supporting his QB... NO... MATTER... WHAT... the LAST thing a guy like Brandon Marshall is going to do is question his QB or throw his QB right under the bus.

Sooooo. When you have a guy with soooooo much promise, like Geno Smith, Brandon Marshall is EXACTLY the guy you wanna pair him up with.

Honestly... I can't imagine any situation at all in which this could turn out badly.

(Sigh)... Silly Hoppy. Some day you'll learn about football.

Back