Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a difference between being obnoxious and being dumb. Brady IS the best QB in football. Therefore, slobbering all over his prickly bits is obnoxious, but not incorrect. Stating that the Steeler's SB rings from the 70's somehow mean more than the Packers' pre-LOMBARDI trophy championships is short bus material.

You can yell about having more Super Bowl wins. And be as obnoxious as you want about it... for now. Muhahahahaa

Acoma said:
Haha, that doesn't quite sound like a bet from the overhyped cheese head if my drunk memory recalls we kicked your fudge packer ass in the playoffs not too long ago.

Kick GBs ass with a blown face mask call in overtime?

And a far as the bet, you only have to be over .500 in the west to take a division..

Boerderij_Kabouter said:
I don't know about Kolb either. I think he will be pretty good ala Homo. And by Homo, of course I mean Romo.

Homo at least has some tenure. Great fantasy QB. Terrible big game player. I don't even think Kolb has played in a big game yet.

As far as recognizing championships here's my take: In 50 years when they're playing pro flag football (which is exactly where were headed) no one will want to "recognize" championships from this era. We all know now that the product now is the best it's ever been, just like they new that in the 20's, 30's, 40's ect.

_

Just gonna put this out there for Beezy..

"The most recent time a Super Bowl loser made its way back to the game and won it the following season was 39 years ago, when Miami beat Washington after losing to Dallas the year before. In fact, a Super Bowl loser hasn't even appeared in the game since Buffalo lost the last of its four consecutive Super Bowls after the 1993 season."

Beezy said:
I don't think it's disrespect at all. I mean there are some great players within the SB era that didn't get a ring. Marino is one that always comes up. Does he not deserve respect because he never won a SB. It's not the greatest analogy but I think you get what I am saying.

I'll say it. Marino sucked! Name a dolphin that didn't. Go Pats!

Just gonna put this out there for Beezy..

"The most recent time a Super Bowl loser made its way back to the game and won it the following season was 39 years ago, when Miami beat Washington after losing to Dallas the year before. In fact, a Super Bowl loser hasn't even appeared in the game since Buffalo lost the last of its four consecutive Super Bowls after the 1993 season."

I am well aware of it but trends are made to be broken. In recent years the SB winner has even had a hard time. Pretty bazaar the way the Steelers post SB appearance years have gone.

I'll say it. Marino sucked! Name a dolphin that didn't. Go Pats!

Touche

This has to be the dumbest debate in all of football. The Packers early championships have just as much to do with the current football bragging rights as does any super bowl past. The 1965 championship (or any other) has just as much to do with this years team as the Steelers 2004 (or whatever) SB. Zero. They are all bragging rights for how good your club has been in the past. They don't mean anything relative to the current game. This year is different from last and next year will be different from this. Who gives a ****?

What it comes down to is what your team did in the past. And what happened in the past is that the Packers were the best football team at the professional level in the world more years than any other franchise. Get over it.

Exactly. If the (insert your favorite team's name here) had been in the league as long as the Packers, they may or may not have won as many championships. But they weren't, and didn't. You can't discount 50-odd years of NFL history just to make your own favorite team's record seem better. The Packers have the most championships, and every time they take the field the TV announcers make mention of that. If you don't like it, too frickin bad.

Umm yeah but uh this is the obnoxious smack talk thread.

I will answer that in kind:

PPPPPHHHHHLLLLLLBBBBBTTTTTT!!!!!! :)

I searched for about fifteen minutes on Youtube for that scene in Disney's Aladdin (hey, I've got two young kids)

"FRESH fish"

"No finer pots in brass or silver"

I searched for about fifteen minutes on Youtube for that scene in Disney's Aladdin (hey, I've got two young kids)

"FRESH fish"

"No finer pots in brass or silver"

Reed-Ward.jpg

I will state that Cam Newton is similar in stature & physical abilities of Dante Culpepper but with more smarts & pocket presence. Fell apart in second half but the kid is going to be damn good.

bluemoose said:
Yeah, quality win there against the sea hawks, a perennial playoff favorite!

They are terrible. Their offense reminds me of the Steelers offense being lead by Dennis Dixon. They have decent receivers need a real QB among many other things. All the Steelers can do is play the team on the schedule. That's what they did.

Latest posts

Back