Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice going Denver fans...booing the quaterback on the field as he's attemping a game winning drive. Dumbest fans in all of sports...except Boston and Dallas fans of course.

**** that. The Patriot fans in Miami were outstanding last night! Seriously, I was just listening to the game for a while (painting the living room), and it sure sounded like at least 40% of the crowd was there for New England.

**** that. The Patriot fans in Miami were outstanding last night! Seriously, I was just listening to the game for a while (painting the living room), and it sure sounded like at least 40% of the crowd was there for New England.

He probably meant in terms of lack of humbleness and overall ass holiness, not lung capacity. :)
So you would have to sub in Pittsburg for Dallas.

_

Bro if you want to have a serious football discussion then start a thread for one. This is for obnoxious smack talk? Or did I click on the wrong thread?

The Steelers still have more trophies than everyone else. It can't be debated.

More SB rings, yes.. More trophies? No.

Packers have the most trophies due to league championships :)

xsists said:

I did say SB era man. Anything before that is irrelevant to me. They wore leather helmets ffs. That's the same crap the Browns hang their hat on ffs.

I did say SB era man. Anything before that is irrelevant to me. They wore leather helmets ffs. That's the same crap the Browns hang their hat on ffs.

ffs. leather helmets were gone by the 50's. ffs. and what's with the arbitrary "SB era" qualifier ffs? cause it makes your team look better ffs? you think the game in the 1970's is the same game being played today ffs?

ffs your team just got blown out 35-7 ffs. you just lost the superbowl ffs. you're like the cute little puppy nipping on the ankles of the real teams, lol (ffs). it's cute, but eventually you're just gonna get punted. ffs.

motobrewer said:
ffs. leather helmets were gone by the 50's. ffs. and what's with the arbitrary "SB era" qualifier ffs? cause it makes your team look better ffs? you think the game in the 1970's is the same game being played today ffs?

ffs your team just got blown out 35-7 ffs. you just lost the superbowl ffs. you're like the cute little puppy nipping on the ankles of the real teams, lol (ffs). it's cute, but eventually you're just gonna get punted. ffs.

It's one game dood and I'll take losing the super bowl over every option except actually wining it. The Steelers will be back there again. You aren't seriously writing them off because of one game? If they are 500 or less half way through fine but they have a pretty dang good track record. We shall see.

Bro if you want to have a serious football discussion then start a thread for one. This is for obnoxious smack talk? Or did I click on the wrong thread?

The Steelers still have more trophies than everyone else. It can't be debated.

This.

This is such BS. You think that the pussification of protecting NFL players today (i.e. assets) makes what they did back in the 20's - 70's somehow irrelevant? The f*ckers today couldn't handle the way they played back then.

Those irrelevant college players playing back in 1905-06 had 18 deaths during games wearing their leather helmets. Until Roosevelt demanded changes to the sport. And that was just to stop the wedge and approve the forward pass. You could still kick the sh*t out of the QB etc well into the 70's. We only got to the point of putting dresses on the players in the last 20 years.

And yea, this is trash talk because those championships count.

So, who'd they beat in 1929? The Dayton Triangles? Frankford Yellow Jackets? The Providence Steam Roller?

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and not really consider those titles too heavily.

the_bird said:
So, who'd they beat in 1929? The Dayton Triangles? Frankford Yellow Jackets? The Providence Steam Roller?

Haha exactly. FU for posting something I agree with lol

So where do you draw the line then? Is it the 1933+ when they started a championship game? In 1930 there were 11 NFL teams. 16 in MLB. What makes MLB relevant and not NFL at this same timeframe. Ticket sales?

I'm always baffled by this, not as a GB fan but as a football fan in that baseball fans thinking their sport can go back to the 1800's but no other sport is allowed.

DesertBrew said:
So where do you draw the line then? Is it the 1933+ when they started a championship game? In 1930 there were 11 NFL teams. 16 in MLB. What makes MLB relevant and not NFL at this same timeframe. Ticket sales?

I'm always baffled by this, not as a GB fan but as a football fan in that baseball fans thinking their sport can go back to the 1800's but no other sport is allowed.

Well there is a clear line with football. I agree with your sentiment regarding other sports. Like the NHL and the Canadiens won all their cups against 7 other teams. Whatever.

You could drop Babe Ruth or Ted Williams into a MLB game today, and they may or may not be stars but they'd know what the hell was going on; the game's fundamentals are essentially the same. There have been some changes to pitching (5-man rotations, emphasis on relief pitchers), but the game itself isn't really any different. That's why old ****s love baseball.

With football, there's a line, whether it's the end of leather helmets, or the introduction of the forward pass, or something else - the game has evolved dramatically over the years. The "Super Bowl" era may not be a perfect delineation but it's pretty close.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-wetzel_tom_brady_record_patriots_passing091211

I respect him for this comment & always kind of agreed with this when it comes to YAC.

Hang on a sec while I get off my knees now.

You sound surprised by Brady's comments. I mean, I get that people hate Brady (jealous ****s). I get it.

But when's he ever been one to hog the credit? As long as he's been in the league, he's always been one to give tons of credit to his receivers, to his backs, to his offense line, to his coaches, the defense, to everyone. Hell, I remember when he was first starting to get national endorsement deals (long before Uggs... I mean Ughs), he was doing commercials with Joe Andruzzi and his other linemen. Has Peyton Manning ever done a commercial with Jeff Saturday?

I really think it's the mid 50's with the colts and Unitas where it really started changing (No, I'm no that old :)).

I dunno, I just don't like disrespecting the game changers & HOFers in that what they did is somehow something less than those who played after some magical 1966 date.

DesertBrew said:
I really think it's the mid 50's with the colts and Unitas where it really started changing (No, I'm no that old :)).

I dunno, I just don't like disrespecting the game changers & HOFers in that what they did is somehow something less than those who played after some magical 1966 date.

I don't think it's disrespect at all. I mean there are some great players within the SB era that didn't get a ring. Marino is one that always comes up. Does he not deserve respect because he never won a SB. It's not the greatest analogy but I think you get what I am saying.

Let's go CARDINALS! I will bet anyone a case of homebrew we win the division this year.

This has to be the dumbest debate in all of football. The Packers early championships have just as much to do with the current football bragging rights as does any super bowl past. The 1965 championship (or any other) has just as much to do with this years team as the Steelers 2004 (or whatever) SB. Zero. They are all bragging rights for how good your club has been in the past. They don't mean anything relative to the current game. This year is different from last and next year will be different from this. Who gives a ****?

What it comes down to is what your team did in the past. And what happened in the past is that the Packers were the best football team at the professional level in the world more years than any other franchise. Get over it.

Twenty-three seasons since the Cards were stolen from St. Louis. THREE playoff appearances over that time (it'd be worse if I looked at their pre-Phoenix/AZ record, but I figured you didn't care about the team before then).

Two of those three appearances, they squeeked in with nine wins.

Their *best* season, 10-6.

Go sit in the corner. If Kurt Warner comes out of retirement, MAYBE we'll let you talk.

Boerderij_Kabouter said:
This has to be the dumbest debate in all of football. The Packers early championships have just as much to do with the current football bragging rights as does any super bowl past. The 1965 championship (or any other) has just as much to do with this years team as the Steelers 2004 (or whatever) SB. Zero. They are all bragging rights for how good your club has been in the past. They don't mean anything relative to the current game. This year is different from last and next year will be different from this. Who gives a ****?

What it comes down to is what your team did in the past. And what happened in the past is that the Packers were the best football team at the professional level in the world more years than any other franchise. Get over it.

Umm yeah but uh this is the obnoxious smack talk thread.

Ya know I still don't know if Kolb is a real QB or not. They sure hyped him up in Philly like they do for everyone of their players. Small sample size. Whiz is a good coach tho. If kid can play they should win the division no problem. I don't want to risk the HB on that.

Back