Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peyton Manning wasn't hyped all that much when he came out of college. Most people said his arm wasn't strong enough. Ryan Leaf was the hype that year. Besides at this time last year we were told that Jake Locker was the second coming, then he had a terrible season. I don't think teams will tank for a draft pick, especially not the Vikes who took a QB in the first round last year. The Vikes will win at least 6 this year and 9 is possible, they're not as bad as most people think or as bad as they have played in the first two games. Their still not that good though and sometimes it hurts to watch. :(

the_bird said:
Since Andrew Luck seems to be the most-hyped QB prospect since... well, who? Peyton Manning?... I'm worried there are going to be a half-dozen teams fully in the tank before the season's half-over. Kansas City has lost what, their three best players, and don't seem to have any confidence in Matt Cassell. Vikings have needed a quarterback for years. Who knows if Manning will play another down, and the Colts are absolutely atrocious without him. Seahawks are counting on Tavaris Jackson, which makes them even more pathetic than the Vikings.

Yeah and then there is Carolina, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Cincinnati. You will have to work to be the suckiest this year.

Yeah and then there is Carolina, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Cincinnati. You will have to work to be the suckiest this year.

Carolina may not be winning, but their QB is setting records almost every time he plays. Give 'em some time.

(BTW - i'm a Saint's fan, we have patience. LOL)

The NFL sucks!

As soon as ESPN started doing NFL tonight 365 days a year I stopped watching the NFL.

NFL tonight in June? REALLY?

365 days a year? REALLY?

I used to be a fan until it was shoved down my throat. I doubt it was completely ESPNs fault. I'm sure in order for them to broadcast NFL games the NFL put some stipulation in the contract that requires them to do NFL Tonight to point of nausea.

The NFL sucks!

As soon as ESPN started doing NFL tonight 365 days a year I stopped watching the NFL.

NFL tonight in June? REALLY?

365 days a year? REALLY?

I used to be a fan until it was shoved down my throat. I doubt it was completely ESPNs fault. I'm sure in order for them to broadcast NFL games the NFL put some stipulation in the contract that requires them to do NFL Tonight to point of nausea.

That really is a diaperload. I can't get enough football. It is the best sport out there. There is a ton of lead up but only 16 regular season games. You can be a full time fan and watch every play (assuming the Raiders-Bills game doesn't go long). Try being a full time fan with any other sport, and have a job! There is just enough info to grab a gem everyday, and have all day Sunday to relax and see what happens. Boo Diaperload Boo!

I used to like brewing but then someone set up a website where I could get all the information I ever wanted to know, now brewing sucks. Uh really? See how silly that sounds.

I expected more flames than this. Is this the best you got?

Your analogy makes no sense. Home Brewing isn't forced upon anybody. They CHOOSE to come to this site. If a person watches ESPN consistently the NFL forced upon them.

Dwain, it was either a purple "shower massager" or the NFL, I forget which. Either way, it turned me off the NFL.

Football is retarded. Boring to watch. You get maybe 2 plays every 5-10 minutes then a bunch of huddles, replays, check this check that. And the majority of the time they're just running for 2 seconds in a big clump and the play is over and you're left thinking WTF? The only thing good to ever come from football are the Superbowl Commercials.

Thanks for setting up this thread to Trash Talk Football :D

You have never watched Oregon I see...

Oregon is definitely fun to watch. They score at will...unless they are playing a top tier defense. Such as Auburn's defense in the national title game or the opening game vs. LSU this year. Against ALL others they seemingly score at will.

Yea football! Intriguing games today. GB/Bears; Giants/Eagles; and even the Bills/Pats game.

Is there even a single Bear fan that posts here?

Chi-Seat.jpg

I thought someone on here told me the Giants were gonna be weak this year? Looking good against the Iggles.

Back