Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McBrewskie said:
No way he Steelers get there. Defense is getting too old. Texans have a shot though. Pats and Texans have a shot.

You have no idea. There is a young stud on pretty much every position itching to get in there. Hood, Hayword, Sylvester, Worlids... Woodly and Timmons are akready there. The Steelers D should dominate for at least the next 5 years.

I want to know where are all the smack talking NE fans lately? Fapping to their Brady poster in their mom's basement in anticipation for Monday night?

Working, unfortunately. Got a big-ass meeting in the morning, I'm in the office prepping. Should be home in time for the 4:00 games.

F*ck; know the feeling. I'm doing the same prepping the deck for tomorrow @ 9a with a big wig VP. No hangovers for tomorrow!

DesertBrew said:
Facts!? Soiling this thread with facts are ya? :cross:

Just this one time. It needed to be said for anyone thinking the Steelers suck, that is a fallacy.

Before it's too late to make predictions....

Colts win four games this year. Peyton never makes it back.

EDIT: Oh, and the Buffalo Bills are now up 7-0, and have not yet lost a game this regular season. They should just stop playing right now, and call this season a success.

Ravens up 14 to 7 with 10:23 left in the 2nd? In the words of Lombardi "What the hell is going on out there!!"

So much for defense I guess ;).

Wow. Indy is down 34-0 in the first half. My prediction (made when the game was still scoreless!) may have been too optimistic. Are they playing for Andrew Luck *already*?

I always watch the games until the end. It is quite difficult this time though yeah. Long season! Really long if it keeps up like this lol.

You won't hear the Ravens. We all know what is going to happen in that game. Not even a question. The Steelers weak areas - the Ravens are weaker. The Ravens strong points - the Steelers are stronger. It will only be a blowout in the final score. The game will be real football. Not arena.

It was indeed a blowout..

You won't hear the Ravens. We all know what is going to happen in that game. Not even a question. The Steelers weak areas - the Ravens are weaker. The Ravens strong points - the Steelers are stronger. It will only be a blowout in the final score. The game will be real football. Not arena.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahhahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahhahhahahahhhaha!!!!!!!

once again, with feeling....

steelers blow

This NYJ v DAL game is great!!

Opening weekend does not disappoint (unless your a Steelers or KC fan)!!

All I got out of that game is that I am not yet afraid of either of those teams. Dallas made a ton of huge plays... if you count going out of your way to give the game away.

I am glad I am not a Jets fan. Sanchez must be the most infuriating QB ever. At various times of any game I watch, he looks either elite and is owning the game, or completely lost and incompetent. Totally crazy...

All of my teams lost this week. My HS team is 0-2 ffs. My fantasy teams are doing ok tho. F football this week. Let's hear it from the Atlanta and Browns fans too this week. And who lost to the Jags? Lol. At least the Steelers got beat by a top 5 team. If the Steelers lose to the Shehawks I am finding the closest bridge to jump from.

All of my teams lost this week. My HS team is 0-2 ffs. My fantasy teams are doing ok tho. F football this week. Let's hear it from the Atlanta and Browns fans too this week. And who lost to the Jags? Lol. At least the Steelers got beat by a top 5 team. If the Steelers lose to the Shehawks I am finding the closest bridge to jump from.

Wow, calling out other teams and qualifying your loss. Gonna be a long season huh Beezy?

The Falcons played right into the Bears D game plan. They didn't go for the long ball or try to catch the D off balance. They stuck with running and short passes which played right into the Bears D. I'm betting that Chicago will get handled pretty well by NO next weekend.

Lions won. They looked good and actually made the game close near the end. But gave a few STUPID penalties. I hope Cherilus had to stop at RiteAid and get some Preparation H after the ass-chewing he deserved on that last Personal Foul call.

I forgot to look it up, but exactly how many yards did Blount put up??

Vikings still look like the Vikings, just with a different aging QB. And as a GB fan, that's ok by me.

How many games until McNabb is pulled? I mean, he hasn't looked like a decent NFL quarterback in quite some time. Andy Reid's one smart mother****er.

Always some surprises in Week 1, but at least we know we can count on Tony Romo blowing the game at the end.

How many games until McNabb is pulled? I mean, he hasn't looked like a decent NFL quarterback in quite some time. Andy Reid's one smart mother****er.

Always some surprises in Week 1, but at least we know we can count on Tony Romo blowing the game at the end.

I was @ a friends house watching the MN game. We think 2-3 more games tops. Then it's time to go with Webb or Ponder who are a coin flip for who is 2. Personally I'd go with Ponder since they used Webb last year. They seem to always have athletic but stupid (Wonderlic) or aged QBs. They should just keep drafting a QB until they find someone to build a future around.

Ok... so... There are four 15 minute quarters, so that is a total of 60 minutes in the game. Each minute is obviously 60 seconds so that is 3,600 seconds in a game.

You figure, it should take the Pats an average of about... 8 seconds to score a touchdown but let's be conservative and assume 10 seconds. They have to kick off to the Phins and each time they do, it'll be a touchback. You figure the Dolphins will then run a play and I would assume it would take... I dunno... let's say, again... to be conservative, that it takes the Pats four seconds to take it away from them.

so if it takes the Pats 10 seconds to score and 4 to effectively get the ball back, we can assume that they will be scoring touchdowns every 14 seconds tonight. (Zero chance they'll be held to a fieldgoal instead of a touchdown so I think it is safe to assume 7 points for each score.)

Now... that is a bit crazy because... they won't leave Brady and the rest of the starters in all game. Ok, so... leave the starters in for the whole first half and then all of the second and third stringers will come in. Even I have to admit there would be SOME dropoff in production once the second stringers came in so let's say, " screw it" and assume the Pats only score every... I dunno... 20 seconds in the second half.

1,800 seconds (the first half) divided by 14 seconds is: 128.5
1,800 seconds (the second half) divided by 20 seconds is: 90

90+128.5= 218.5 (we'll just call it 218)

218 times 7 points is: 1,526

I predict the Pats beat the Dolphins 1,526 to 0 tonight.

Just look at the math!! It makes sense.

I was @ a friends house watching the MN game. We think 2-3 more games tops. Then it's time to go with Webb or Ponder who are a coin flip for who is 2. Personally I'd go with Ponder since they used Webb last year. They seem to always have athletic but stupid (Wonderlic) or aged QBs. They should just keep drafting a QB until they find someone to build a future around.

Maybe they'll sign Kerry Collins after Indianapolis lets him go....

bluemoose said:
Wow, calling out other teams and qualifying your loss. Gonna be a long season huh Beezy?

It might be a long one for the Steelers. Maybe not. We will see. That game sure sucked.

Romo continues to throw up on himself in every game with any amount of meaning, yet everyone continues to defend him. I don't get it, but it is good for a laugh.

_

Back