Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uhm, wait a sec. Brees is an awesome QB although I preferred the hairy mole over the scar. It's the D of the swamp people that will wear down.

crap - Punt return for TD

paulthenurse said:
Can we please go back to hot young chicks with push up bra's and microphones on the sidelines? Please?

When did this happen. The NFL is so stuck up its own ass they think they can get away with these social security receiving bitches. If thats what it's going to be just get rid of the women altogether. The cheerleaders can stay tho.

wildwest450 said:
Green Bay had no problems stopping your boys with a depleted defense last year.

_

I remember it being pretty close. The Steelers had a lot of injuries too. The O-line was a mess. Ben had a foot and face injury. They beat is fair and square but this is a new year.

I bet you we watched the top two offenses in the nFL last night. Hard to judge a D based on that alone.

GO PACK GO!

xsists said:
Injuries like their top two CBs, TE, RB and so on??

Listen I don't know why you are making excuses. The Pack won the game. Yeah the Steelers injuries were bad. Pro-bowl center, RG, RT, LT. Ben had several injuries. Polumolu was a gimp. Our DE was gone. If you think your skills players are more important than your trench then I'd say you don't know much about football. That said I don't excuse the loss for that. The game was totally winable with the guys that were on the field that day. That was one of the worst games they played all season. I'd like to see the Steelers back in the SB this year. I don't see why not. I hope the Pack represents the NFC again.

A lot of soft defenses in the NFC I am sure a few AFC teams would put up gaudy numbers if they played in the NFC all the time.

You won't hear the Ravens. We all know what is going to happen in that game. Not even a question. The Steelers weak areas - the Ravens are weaker. The Ravens strong points - the Steelers are stronger. It will only be a blowout in the final score. The game will be real football. Not arena.

Beezy said:
Listen I don't know why you are making excuses. The Pack won the game. Yeah the Steelers injuries were bad. Pro-bowl center, RG, RT, LT. Ben had several injuries. Polumolu was a gimp. Our DE was gone. If you think your skills players are more important than your trench then I'd say you don't know much about football. That said I don't excuse the loss for that. The game was totally winable with the guys that were on the field that day. That was one of the worst games they played all season. I'd like to see the Steelers back in the SB this year. I don't see why not. I hope the Pack represents the NFC again.

You wanna see another Packers win in the super bowl? Yeah.. Me too..

xsists said:
You wanna see another Packers win in the super bowl? Yeah.. Me too..

Don't put words in my mouth. I said I would like to see them participate. If the Steelers have to beat the Lions I am going to be pissed and actually I have the Falcons picked to lose to the Steelers. You will see SB hangover is real. Nightmares will begin soon for the Pack.

A lot of soft defenses in the NFC I am sure a few AFC teams would put up gaudy numbers if they played in the NFC all the time.

Yea, yea. Here's some stats for you on points allowed from '10. The only D stat that really counts.

pts_allowed_2010.JPG

It's a fact that offensive PPG is higher in the beginning of the season vs. mid season form. Figure it should be worse with pretty much no training camp this year.

Don't bring me facts up in this thread! I am sure the drop is due to weather more than anything. It's not surprising GB is up there. HC from Pittsburgh and a D patterned from Pittsburgh. Many others have tried. The Pack has emulated it the best.

I agree as well with the weather comment. Not in game shape + warmer although I think it was low 60s Thu...

Cape has been kind of silent in his own thread lately. Figured he'd launch some "no facts" tirade at me within minutes.

I definitely predict a Packers/Steelers SB rematch this year...

I don't recall, has that ever happened in the SB era? Same teams two years in a row? If it has it must be Vikings, Denver or Buffalo with their SB losing streaks they had.

Edit: Only once. Cowboys over Bills 93, 94

DesertBrew said:
I don't recall, has that ever happened in the SB era? Same teams two years in a row? If it has it must be Vikings, Denver or Buffalo with their SB losing streaks they had.

Edit: Only once. Cowboys over Bills 93, 94

Yeah it's not very likely. I pulled for the Bills all 4 years lol. At least it wasn't my team. My heart mended quick. Jim Kelly is a massively underrated QB tho.

Y'all ready for tomorrow? I just opened up the first of my bourbon porters, imperial porter with 16 oz. of oaked wild turkey added, so far so good. You guys and gals have anything specific on tap for tomorrow? I am making home made menudo and have a jalapeno infused IPA ready to go. GO NINERS!!!!!

Latest posts

Back