Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
explain it to me then. If there is a lockout, and the Colts tag Peyton, what happens?

as i understand it, they still have to pay him $23M to tag.

images

i thought the reason they had to be in this month was because in order to tag you had to pay out immediately. or something like that.

images

Wow... See!?!?! I am getting validation AND quality info in these t
last two posts. I've been TELLING peiple moto was an idiot and no one believed me!!! And then HBT Yoda comes through exactly what I meant to ask!!!

I am so glad I have membership to this site

Wow... See!?!?! I am getting validation AND quality info in these t
last two posts. I've been TELLING peiple moto was an idiot and no one believed me!!! And then HBT Yoda comes through exactly what I meant to ask!!!

I am so glad I have membership to this site

Huh? What'd I do???

Very sad but at this point hard to 'blame' football. He had a lot of bad stuff going on in his life. Will be interesting to see what comes of the analysis of his brain.

Very sad but at this point hard to 'blame' football. He had a lot of bad stuff going on in his life. Will be interesting to see what comes of the analysis of his brain.

Well, it's chicken-and-egg. There's evidence to suggest that ex-football players tend to "have a lot of bad stuff going on in their lives," because of the physical damage done to their brains. That's the point of the article, he killed himself in such a way as to allow them to examine his brain.

Like I've said a bunch a times Thread Narc.... He can wear a bright pink frilly dress and call himself Julie for all I care as long as he keeps puttin up the stats

That said... Damn. White boy cant dance

Well, it's chicken-and-egg. There's evidence to suggest that ex-football players tend to "have a lot of bad stuff going on in their lives," because of the physical damage done to their brains. That's the point of the article, he killed himself in such a way as to allow them to examine his brain.
Anyone see Singletary on (I think) Outside The Lines recently? They asked him specifically about Duerson (a former teammate of Singletary's) and he all but said it was the stress in his life and kind of blew-off the theory that it was due to brain damage. I thought it was a bit strange, especially since Singletary isn't really qualified AFAIK.

Anyone see Singletary on (I think) Outside The Lines recently? They asked him specifically about Duerson (a former teammate of Singletary's) and he all but said it was the stress in his life and kind of blew-off the theory that it was due to brain damage. I thought it was a bit strange, especially since Singletary isn't really qualified AFAIK.

... and that's still chicken-and-egg. Would all of those stresses still have been in his life short of the brain damage? Science is starting to tell us that the stresses are exacerbated, at least, by the multiple head injuries. You start looking at how many of these guys are having issues in their post-sports lives, versus the rate in the general population, and you have to start wondering.

Interesting would be to study football players' post-football lives versus baseball players after their careers end. Both go through the whole lot-of-money-and-fame-and-then-it's-gone psychological effect, yet baseball players have many fewer head injuries. Seems like it would be a good control.

That would be a good study, we only hear about the Strawberry's. I was just surprised at what Singletary said based on his lack of knowledge on the subject.

Tom growing his hair out is making sense now. In case the 2011 NFL season is cancelled.

brady.jpg
Dr Thomas Brady: Criminal Minds - Boston

spencer.jpg
Dr Spencer Reid: Criminal Minds

(Hey, I don't feel much like working today)

:off: but I just searched for NCAA and we have no tourney pool here, or is it that I just can't find it? Having probably 50+ people in a pool for $20 in would be kind of cool. I got no time to headline it but... Have we tried before and it was a fail? It'd have to be paid members only of course.

We did one last year but it was just for fun. It was last minute and no money. I think yooper one actually, or was at least leading for most of it.

Hmmf. I could see a purse of:

1st 80%
2nd 10%
3rd 5%
Admin 5% for the effort (must play)

Probably too late though, selection sunday coming up this weekend. Would need 25 IMO for the effort. That said, FFB should probably start planning now how that comes together here. For 2012 of course.

Desert, batsh!t crazy always makes for a truly awesome avatar :D

On a football note, does anyone really have any sympathy for the billionaires fighting the millionaires? This just seems so far removed from the blue collar sport we grew up with...or at least the attempt to uphold the blue collar cred, even if it has been BS for years.

Oh yeah...Brady's dancing isn't nearly the epic fail that little pony tail is!!!

On a football note, does anyone really have any sympathy for the billionaires fighting the millionaires? This just seems so far removed from the blue collar sport we grew up with...or at least the attempt to uphold the blue collar cred, even if it has been BS for years.

I'd love to be able to set the rate of my share the profits of my company in the best of times but then not have to worry about losing anything if/when the tide turns.

My brain hurts trying to figure out this puzzle... and i hesitate to even post it for fear that the universe MAY collapse in on itself with the shear magnitude of this conundrum...

Will tonight's draft make the Patriots even MORE awesomer?

If you say, "yes", then you're implying that the Pats were not already at the pinnacle of pure awesomeness and WOULD actually have the ability to be BETTER... which... is obviously just plain stupid.

If you say "no", then you're implying that the Pats aren't going to be their typical awesome selfs and end up raping and pillaging the draft... which... is also obviously stupid.

See? You're starting to see the issue.

F&^$!!!!!! If the universe collapses I'm gonna be Piiiiiiiiiiiissed.

Back