Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Introducing the team now. Wayne Larrivee (Packer radio announcer) and Larry McCarren (radio color guy and former GB center) are emceeing. Wow McCarren looks like crap! He is sick, can hardly talk!

I do have to say, I'm glad for you, Bernie, and DesertBrew, and all you other guys that I know have been Packers fans for years and years and years. I'm jonesing for another damn title here! Seemed like Boston could do no wrong there for about five years, between the Pats, the Sox, and the C's.

It'll happen, Bird. What goes around comes around. I just hope the Pack gets one or 2 more before they fade!

Goes without saying (so I'll say it anyway), enjoy the hell out of the Championship. I'm sure everyone in Green Bay thought that he-who-shall-not-be-named would have led the Pack to several more titles.

Remember the coworker I mentioned earlier that paid $2200 each for his two SB tickets? He was one of the unlucky 400 that didn't get seats! Local Fox News station interviewed him here (in video).

You can tell his voice is still broken from yelling. He and his wife were able to 'sneak out' at halftime and found a section where the attendant saw somebody else leave and let them take their seats.

O rly?

Jackie_Chiles_in_The_Maestro_Seinfeld.jpg

Don't know how true this is but I just saw it.

As if the Jenn Sterger and Brett Favre wasn’t enough shame on the New York Jets organization, now comes information that star quarterback Mark Sanchez is huddling with a 17 year old high school student named Eliza Kruger. Seriously? Really?
Can you imagine her Facebook status updates. “I’m going to the prom with the star quarterback of the Jets!” Hey Mark…it’s called jailbait dude. What are you thinking?
Mark Sanchez is the young, good looking superstar of a major franchise in the biggest city in the world, with the biggest media spotlight on the planet, and probably has half of Manhattan and Long Islands most beautiful women at his disposal…and he’s after a high school girl?
Hopefully this is just an allegation and not a real story. If it is, he needs to have his head examined as he must have taken one too many hits. Either that or he was hanging around Brett Favre too much.
Superstar Gang Green play caller Mark Sanchez “hooked up” in his New Jersey home last month with a striking 17-year-old Connecticut high-school girl — whose preppy dad is a super-wealthy financier, a bombshell new report claims.
Sexy rich girl Eliza Kruger not only bragged on Facebook about “MARK F–ING SANCHEZ” texting her after they flirted at a hip Manhattan nightclub on New Year’s Eve — she also took photos of a mussed-up bed in his boudoir as “proof” of their interlude just days later.
Unbelievably Deadspin.com broke this story as well.
“We went back to his place in Jersey after dinner. He lives on a golf course. There was a big storm”.
Asked if she “hooked up” with the 24-year-old Sanchez that night — after they dined together at Midtown hotspot Nobu the first week of January — the Greenwich high-school senior said, “Yeah,” albeit somewhat reluctantly, according to Deadspin.
When a Deadspin editor told her he would research the legality, Eliza reportedly replied that the age of sexual consent in New Jersey is “16. I checked.”
“He’s a really nice guy, you know,” Eliza told the site. “He’s one of the kindest people, and he’s a genuine person.”
He’s also now in a lot of trouble. Maybe not legally…but this can’t be good for his image. Or can it?

best moment of my day:

looking up the 2005 NFL Draft and realizing that the Minnesota Vikings took Troy Williamson and Erasmus James above Aaron Rodgers. Oh, 49er's took Alex Smith as well.

lol

It isn't going to do ****.

yea, well thats because whatever lawyer wants to represent will go pro bono for the free publicity. Skum bags. Except for any HBT members who happen to have that for a career path of course :p.

Remember the coworker I mentioned earlier that paid $2200 each for his two SB tickets? He was one of the unlucky 400 that didn't get seats! Local Fox News station interviewed him here (in video).

You can tell his voice is still broken from yelling. He and his wife were able to 'sneak out' at halftime and found a section where the attendant saw somebody else leave and let them take their seats.

I heard this morning that a lawsuit has been filed about it.

I say screw the lawyers. Let the negative PR do the right thing.

It isn't going to do ****.

Really? They are getting triple their money back and free tickets to next years Super Bowl. That ain't too shabby but they will get a lot more by the time the lawyers get done. More proof God hates Skeletor!!! I love it :rockin:

FWIW, my coworker has nothing to do with that lawsuit and has had no contact with any lawyer. If you watch the video, he says he thinks the compensation is fair. My guess is this is an 'ambulance chaser' type of thing.

RE: Sanchez and the PYT. IMO it's no big deal but the PR is not good. If she's hot and legal...good for Sanchez. The fact that she's 17 and he's 24 is a total non-issue to me.

I think triple money back and tickets to next year's game is more than fair compensation. People who get rich by suing for millions instead of gaining fair compensation are a major drain on society.

As far as Mark Sanchez, the girl is only 17, but that's age of consent in NY, and he's only 23. What the frick is the big deal? She could already be screwing boys in her school and nobody seems to think that's bad? At least if Sanchez gets her preggers, he's got a decent job and would be capable of helping raise the kid.

Really? They are getting triple their money back and free tickets to next years Super Bowl. That ain't too shabby but they will get a lot more by the time the lawyers get done. More proof God hates Skeletor!!! I love it :rockin:

triple face value, not triple their money back. they probably spent triple face value on the tickets, then plane? hotel?

i eased up on sanchez when i heard that the girl's mom is the one who takes her clubbing in NYC.

I think triple money back and tickets to next year's game is more than fair compensation. People who get rich by suing for millions instead of gaining fair compensation are a major drain on society.

Not saying these folks should be sueing the NFL for a dump truck of money but if I was one of those folks and I got triple money back adn tickets to next year's game, I would be PISSSSSSSSED.

Triple money back was triple face value. That doesn't mean that these folks paid face value. Even if they did, that money still doesn't cover flights, hotels, rental cars, etc etc. that these folks spent to go to THIS game. These people had to mostly be pretty big fans of either team and seeing your team play in the Super Bowl is worth a lot more than $2,400 to these folks.

Again... not saying the NFL should be sued for $500 million dollars and I'm not saying these people deserve $100k or something... but.. I got $2,400 and tickets to a game that probably wouldn't have my team in it... and I would have to pay for fllights, hotel, rental car, etc etc all over again... I would be pissed.

Well, triple face value is ridiculous! That's BS! I meant triple what he spent to attend the game. However, the team cannot be held liable for him spending extra $$ on first class plan seats, hookers, bookie, etc. It's not hard to find a reasonable value for the travel expenses and lodgings and triple it. THAT is certainly fair.

And I would not pay that kind of money to see the Lions play in the superbowl. If he likes football enough to spend that stupid amount of money, then I feel sorry for him.

Well, triple face value is ridiculous! That's BS! I meant triple what he spent to attend the game. However, the team cannot be held liable for him spending extra $$ on first class plan seats, hookers, bookie, etc. It's not hard to find a reasonable value for the travel expenses and lodgings and triple it. THAT is certainly fair.

And I would not pay that kind of money to see the Lions play in the superbowl. If he likes football enough to spend that stupid amount of money, then I feel sorry for him.

nobody cares about what non-fans think.

the team cannot be liable?! they sold seats they didn't have. how can they not be liable?

Not saying these folks should be sueing the NFL for a dump truck of money but if I was one of those folks and I got triple money back adn tickets to next year's game, I would be PISSSSSSSSED.

Triple money back was triple face value. That doesn't mean that these folks paid face value. Even if they did, that money still doesn't cover flights, hotels, rental cars, etc etc. that these folks spent to go to THIS game. These people had to mostly be pretty big fans of either team and seeing your team play in the Super Bowl is worth a lot more than $2,400 to these folks.

Again... not saying the NFL should be sued for $500 million dollars and I'm not saying these people deserve $100k or something... but.. I got $2,400 and tickets to a game that probably wouldn't have my team in it... and I would have to pay for fllights, hotel, rental car, etc etc all over again... I would be pissed.

God dammit!!!! I agree with cape again.

3x the face value is complete bull****. I could see them each getting around 25k or so and I think that is pretty fair.

The thing is... these people probably WILL get a decent chunk of cash outta this. As much as my throat fills with bile when I say this... I agree with moto again. (I feel so dirty)

Jerry Jones in all of his jackassness decided to set an attendence record by cramming every single seat he could into the stadium but then... whoooops... forgot to have the fire marshall actually inspect the seats until about the freakin' day before... and since there was that huge snow storm, it didn't happen.

I don't think the courts (assuming it does actually see a court and Jones/NFL don't settle) will look too kindly on such horrible planning for someone hosting one of the largest sporting events on the planet. I could see the courts giving these people a bit more in compensitory damages and then giving the league and Jones a little whack on the punitive side.

Wow, Cape, pretty soon you and moto will be singing kumbaya around the campfire and exchanging homebrew recipes! LOL!

Methinks that King Jerry would have been better off slipping the fire marshall a few thousand under the table. Would have come out ahead.

nobody cares about what non-fans think.

the team cannot be liable?! they sold seats they didn't have. how can they not be liable?

Thanks for only reading the part where I said "The teams cannot be liable.." And missing the part where I said, "...spending extra $$ on first class plan seats, hookers, bookie, etc. It's not hard to find a reasonable value for the travel expenses and lodgings and triple it."

And to say I'm not a fan because I won't spend $2400 on tickets to a football game is pretty rude. If I made a lot more money than I do I might consider it. But when I think about how much that money could do for me, it's hard to choose going to a single (usually lousy) football game instead of paying off credit cards or putting a down payment on a decent car. That's what the average person is probably looking at.

So I say the teams don't have any control over what the fans do outside of buying the tickets and a reasonable means of getting to the game. And they should not be liable for those extra things. I did not say they weren't liable for selling extra tickets. And to be a bit more fair to the team, they had seats, and probably didn't expect them to be deemed unsafe just prior to the game.

But it doesn't matter, because the fans that didn't get to see the game will probably "earn" (using loosely) a lot of money, and for sure their lawyers will earn a whole bunch more.

And I begin to wonder why or how someone even got to buy tickets for more than face value... Isn't there a law or something??

They have at least two choices, for each ticket they can get:
triple face value ($2400) PLUS a ticket to next year's SB
OR
they pick the SB and they'll cover the ticket/airfare/accommodations.

The second choice is non-transferrable, not sure about the first choice (if it is non-transferrable then that is bogus imo).

Also, the coworker and his wife ended up sitting in the 3rd row, lower level, 40-yd line for the entire second half. But he says he just got lucky there.

The sentiments expressed by some itt are why we are such a litigious society. "I got wronged, Imma get PAID!". So gross.

Back