Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"We're gonna need a bigger tail"

2dee00ae1e9e44369fd463cb6e03059d-2dee00ae1e9e44369fd463cb6e03059d-0-850x478.jpg

Gotta love watching Robey-Coleman doing the "Deep Water Two Step" at SB Fitty Three Opening Night on his Brady trash talk.

Too late, son.
The Patriots have honed the disrespect thing to a knife edge - heck, if there wasn't any they'd make it up (and have!) :D

Yer fooked...

Hines Ward calls Steelers ’embarrassing,’ praises Patriots for sustained success
"Year in and year out, they find a way to get it done."

Former Pittsburgh wide receiver Hines Ward called the state of the Steelers “embarrassing,” and he said the franchise would benefit from being more like the Patriots.

“I look at what happened with Malcolm Butler, being late for a meeting and missing the Super Bowl,” Ward told Barstool Sports. “That’s the culture, and that’s the Patriots’ way. There’s no one guy that’s bigger than the team. You do what Coach (Bill) Belichick says, and everyone else is held accountable.”
Ward credited Brady in particular for doing more with less talent around him than any other quarterback ever and continuing to play at such a high level at age 41. He pointed out that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has plenty of weapons around him, yet the Steelers had trouble maximizing their potential.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-e...nes-ward-patriots-steelers-ben-roethlisberger

Q: "What is the Superbowl?"
A: "It's when the Patriots play their last game of the season".

A poll this week asked football fans who they were betting on. It was a slight split in favor of the Patriots.
Otoh, Las Vegas has the money split more like 85% NE/15% LA.

A lot of liars out there ;)

Right about now there's a metric crap ton of inner-nervousness that everyone is doing their best to tamp down for the next 24 hours.
It ain't easy but New England Patriots fans have had a bit of experience in these matters.

I will say that to the extent of the regard I hold for the various talking heads in the sports media biz I've been encouraged all week by the majority opinion of who is gonna win this thing. But...opinion means even less after the opening kickoff, so...

I'll consider it a win if I don't have to peel my wife off the ceiling. I'm just a solid fan, she's the rabid fanatic in this family ;)

Predictions are the M-B Stadium is going to be rocking with Patriots fans by 10:1.
Rumours are the Rams practiced in front of simulated crowd noise today...

Back