Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a0XmF.png

Congrats Pack. To repeat something I posted earlier itt: Aaron ****ing Rodgers. He could have had an even greater game were it not for the drops.

I found the halftime show painful to watch but only watched the very beginning and very end. It's amazing what passes for talent.

National Anthem was a total trainwreck.

Way to go Pack :mug:

I don't think I coulda watched rothlisberger hoist the Lombardi in Cowboys Stadium. I hope Jerry broke a tooth holding his Skeletor grin together though :D

Congrats, Packers fans. Damn good game. Steelers got themselves in a hole early with those couple of picks, and didn't have quite enough to come back.

Ha! Just remembered something; the only thing Dataz was willing to be on was the under!

Experience meant ****.

True, Green Bay was far more composed and confident from the start and throughout the game. You have to give props to the O-line for doing a heck of a job picking up the blitzes and the D for making the two great plays that led to two of the three turnovers.

Awesome game! I was impressed how Mike Tomlin didn't whine or make excuses; he just gave props to the winning team. Very classy, IMHO.

Awesome game! I was impressed how Mike Tomlin didn't whine or make excuses; he just gave props to the winning team. Very classy, IMHO.

Agreed...would have preferred a different outcome (lifelong fan) but a great game nonetheless...

Alright, everybody else get your predictions in. I'll update this post with everyone's predictions.

Me: Steelers 31, Packers 24
RJWhite: Steelers 31, Packers 27
ChshireCat: Steelers 72. Packers 0
MarioJr: Steelers 17, Packer 9

SpanishCastleAle: Packers 142, Steelers 9
Hugh_Jass: Packers 34, Steelers 31
TANSTAAFB: Packers 24, Steelers 21
Cape: Packers 31, Steelers 16
Dwain: Packers 69, Steelers 2
DesertBrew: Packers 37, Steelers 36
Bernie: Packers 17, Steelers 14 (OT)

Final score was what, 31-25? I was pretty damn close on the point totals, just had the wrong team winning! Looks like the closest was Hugh_Jass. Hope you actually put some money on the game!

Congrats to the cheese heads. It was great not to see Pittsburgh win. I have been hearing all the Clay Matthews hype this year, haven't really got to see him play. I can say it's not hype, that guy is a beast, he was everywhere last night. Even with no rooting interest, it was a great game to watch.

Got into an argument the other night with a Packers fan, claiming that Donald Driver needed the Super Bowl win to be a Hall of Famer. Told him he was crazy, SB win or no, Donald Driver has been a very good player but not even close to HOF (and only QBs really get judged on how many rings they have).

Anyone want to argue the other side? I just don't see it; three seasons with ~1,200 yards, but the rest of his career he's just been very good.

A little surprised Pittsburgh didn't stick with the run a little more last night. Don't think they had many rushes that didn't net at least seven or eight yards. Didn't reallly like all of those quick "Brady Screens" they were throwing to the wideouts instead. I can see how those can be effective against an aggressive pass rush, but I just don't see Raplesberger as having a quick enough release for those to really be effective.

Great game overall, though.

Agree with Bird... Very good... but not HOF.

and I hate the whole "he's got a ring" argument. So does 51 other guys on that team... that doesn't suddenly make all of them HOF'rs.

How bout Mike Woicik... the Pats Strength and Conditioning Coach... SIX Super Bowl rings (3 with Dallas and 3 with the Pats). Why isn't he in the HOF? He leads ALL coaches, ever, in SB rings.

See, I don't even think it's that's close. Just wanted to hear from some Packers fans, who've watched him every week for years, as to whether he's got a case or not.

The guy I was arguing is a really smart dude, but a little out there sometimes when it comes to his Packers.

unfortunately I don't think he's a pro HOF-er. Packer hall of fame, certainly. He's a solid player and person. If he plays next year, he'll most certainly be in the 10k club, but that's not everything.

for some reason, Aaron doesn't throw to him as much as brett did. which is surprising given how great of hands he has and how often other receivers drop balls that are in their hands.

Cris Cater was robbed. Let's fix that first.

yeah, he's going some day soon. I honestly don't know and i'm too lazy to look it up... is this his first year of elegibility? If it is, I guess i'm not SHOCKED he wouldn't get in. I think it is STUPID to have "first ballot HOF'r" mean so much. If the guys deserves to get in (which he definitely does) just freakin' put him in.

If this is the first year he could get in though... again... not shocked.

yeah, he's going some day soon. I honestly don't know and i'm too lazy to look it up... is this his first year of elegibility? If it is, I guess i'm not SHOCKED he wouldn't get in. I think it is STUPID to have "first ballot HOF'r" mean so much. If the guys deserves to get in (which he definitely does) just freakin' put him in.

If this is the first year he could get in though... again... not shocked.

no, he was eligible in 2008.

Chris Carter's a dumb mother****er, but he's probably a HoF'er. Football HOF's tough, though. I was a little surprised Curtis Martin didn't make it it, I know he wasn't flashy at ALL but he was one tough sonovabitch who was damn, damn good for a long time. HATED that we let him walk, HATED it.

You think Curtis Martin makes it? You watched him as much as I did. Hated watching him in NY. Bobby Kraft just said the other day, one of his biggest regrets was letting him go.

Or was Curtis Martin the Donald Driver of running backs?

i think curtis Martin eventually makes it... and... actually... I guess I take back my Carter makes it easier than Martin comment.

I DO think Carter makes it over Martin but maybe by not a HUGE margin.

I honestly didn't realize Curtis Martin is 4th all-time for rushing yards.

Martin:
- 3rd all time in rushing attempts
- 4th all time in rushing yards
-12th all time in rushing TDs
- five pro bowls

Carter
- 3rd all time in receptions
- 8th all time in Rec yards
- 4th all time in rec TDs
- nine pro bowls

That's the thing about Curtis Martin. He wasn't flashy on the field, but he beat the crap out of you. He didn't WOW you like Marshall Faulk (who absolutely deserved to be a 1st-balloter), and he never really talked. He didn't sound half-retarded like Jerome Bettis ("the wheels on The Bus go 'round and 'round, 'round and 'round").

Best running back that's likely to be forgotten in ten years' time.

Kevin Martin will definitely make it into the hall of fame...

wait, is this the obnoxious curling trash talk thread....? I think i'm lost....

Latest posts

Back