New Brewer - Greetings from NW Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorts

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just started brewing a couple months ago and wanted to ask some questions before I start my first all grain batch. Before I do that though I wanted to take a moment to say hello and thank you for the amount of great information i've found here on this forum already. In all the posts I've read so far, everyone is polite, respectful, and most importantly want to help each other brew better beer. I know I've come to the right place here at HBT.

Now, it's time to go brew some beer!
:mug:

Welcome!

I'm just south of you in Findlay. It's snowing like crazy right now!

Glad you found HBT and good luck with the leap to all grain. I made that leap a couple years ago and I love it.

Also, Go Bucks! (A risky statement considering the fact that a lot of Toledoans tend to be Michigan fans)

Welcome! I'm in the Toledo area as well. There is a pretty good homebrew club in the area, The Glass City Mashers. They are on Facebook, it's a closed group, so you have to ask for access. Monthly meetings downtown. You should check them out.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Welcome!

I'm just south of you in Findlay. It's snowing like crazy right now!

Glad you found HBT and good luck with the leap to all grain. I made that leap a couple years ago and I love it.

Also, Go Bucks! (A risky statement considering the fact that a lot of Toledoans tend to be Michigan fans)

Speaking of warm its also quite the opposite here in Toledo. It is snowing right now as I type.

TheCrackpot - I am a rare person in the area that is not really a OSU or Michigan fan. I actually graduated from Ohio University and root for teams in the MAC and Big 10. I was definitely glad to see OSU win though! What a season they had.

Welcome! I'm in the Toledo area as well. There is a pretty good homebrew club in the area, The Glass City Mashers. They are on Facebook, it's a closed group, so you have to ask for access. Monthly meetings downtown. You should check them out.

Philib - thanks for the heads up on the local homebrew club. I'm definitely very new but will for sure seek that out at some point.

Anyways, I'm getting ready to brew an all grain zombie dust clone recipe tomorrow as my first all grain batch. It is a bit overwhelming but I'm having a great time learning as I go. Looking forward to sharing my results with you guys and brewing many more batches!

I went to Hocking College but I lived just outside of Athens for several years.

That was where I first developed a taste for beers other than Miller Lite. $1.50 Guinness Tuesday at the Smiling Skull and my first microbrews at O'Hooley's (now Jackie O's).

I always keep an eye on and root for MAC teams as well (specifically Ohio and BGSU).

Good luck with the Zombie Dust clone (that stuff is delish!) and don't let all grain overwhelm you. It really is a lot simpler than it seems. After a couple batches it will be smooth sailing.

I went to Hocking College but I lived just outside of Athens for several years.

That was where I first developed a taste for beers other than Miller Lite. $1.50 Guinness Tuesday at the Smiling Skull and my first microbrews at O'Hooley's (now Jackie O's).

I always keep an eye on and root for MAC teams as well (specifically Ohio and BGSU).

Good luck with the Zombie Dust clone (that stuff is delish!) and don't let all grain overwhelm you. It really is a lot simpler than it seems. After a couple batches it will be smooth sailing.

Athens is a great place. I spent 6 years there and I go down there about once a month. I'd say Jackie O's is probably responsible for opening my eyes and taste buds to great beer. I make sure to go there and to Casa Nueva each time I visit. I'll be sure to report back on how my AG Zombie Dust comes out.

Latest posts

Back