Naked City Imperial Rye on tap in Seattle!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewtopia said:
We had a few bar owners there tonight as well. They bought kegs on the spot!

Hoptrocity will be pouring at Collins Pub, The Beveridge Place and Brouwer's Cafe. :rockin: :ban: :mug:

Collins bought the only other cask which will be pouring there next Thursday as well as a draft keg.

Wow, that is awesome on a whole new level!!!!!!!!

I am so freaking annoyed...
I grabbed 5 buddies and dragged them up to Seattle to go to Stix, just so that I could try this beer. We all wanted to go grab a beer to celebrate one of the guys having his first son born the other day, but I was the only one who wanted to spend 20 minutes driving to Stix. They all agreed, knowing how excited I was to check this out.

We got there, and the doors were still locked, 20 minutes after they were supposed have been open. I knocked on the door, and was informed that there was a problem with the kitchen, and they would not be open for another half hour. We explained that we wanted a couple of beers, had no need for anything from the kitchen, etc. Sorry... can't help you... come back in half an hour.

We ended up back in Renton, downing a few pitchers of Mannys.
I am still hoping to be able to try your beer 'topia... :(

good fun. good beer!:tank:
I was at brauwer's the next day thinking it would be great if they had your beer on tap.
LO! not yet... but soon...:rockin:
Was great to see you, and look forward to running into you at collin's soon as well.:mug:

Originally posted by rabidgerbil
I am so freaking annoyed...
I grabbed 5 buddies and dragged them up to Seattle to go to Stix, just so that I could try this beer. We all wanted to go grab a beer to celebrate one of the guys having his first son born the other day, but I was the only one who wanted to spend 20 minutes driving to Stix. They all agreed, knowing how excited I was to check this out.

We got there, and the doors were still locked, 20 minutes after they were supposed have been open. I knocked on the door, and was informed that there was a problem with the kitchen, and they would not be open for another half hour. We explained that we wanted a couple of beers, had no need for anything from the kitchen, etc. Sorry... can't help you... come back in half an hour.

We ended up back in Renton, downing a few pitchers of Mannys.
I am still hoping to be able to try your beer 'topia...

I am really sorry that you had this experience rabidgerbil. To tell you the truth this pisses me off!:mad:

I hate to say it but the servers at Stix have a lot to learn about customer service. I wish I was there when you came by.

Tom Munoz, head brewer at Stix happened to be at my house tonight for a few beers and I showed him your post. He's not very happy about it either.

Please come in again and the beer's on me.

Collins Pub in Pioneer Square will be pouring a cask of Hoptrocity, I believe on Thursday this week. There will also be a keg heading over to The Beveridge Place Pub in West Seattle and Brouwer's Cafe in Fremont.

and if worse comes to worse, you're more than welcome to come by my place and I'll pour you a pint! :mug:

Originally posted by Kilted Brewer
'Topia...
I take it by your avatar that we can expect to see Naked City at PGE park. Anywhere else down this way?

LOL, sorry. I wish it was true but not any time soon I'm afraid.

I grew up in the Portland area and the Beavers were always my favorite team. Still are, I try and get to at least a couple of games each season.

Avatar is just my way of ushering in Baseball season.

Brewtopia said:
LOL, sorry. I wish it was true but not any time soon I'm afraid.

I grew up in the Portland area and the Beavers were always my favorite team. Still are, I try and get to at least a couple of games each season.

Avatar is just my way of ushering in Baseball season.

That's a shame. You'll have to bring some down if you make it to the Portland Meet up.

Brewtopia said:
I am really sorry that you had this experience rabidgerbil. To tell you the truth this pisses me off!:mad:

I hate to say it but the servers at Stix have a lot to learn about customer service. I wish I was there when you came by.

Tom Munoz, head brewer at Stix happened to be at my house tonight for a few beers and I showed him your post. He's not very happy about it either.

Please come in again and the beer's on me.

Collins Pub in Pioneer Square will be pouring a cask of Hoptrocity, I believe on Thursday this week. There will also be a keg heading over to The Beveridge Place Pub in West Seattle and Brouwer's Cafe in Fremont.

and if worse comes to worse, you're more than welcome to come by my place and I'll pour you a pint! :mug:

'Topia...
As to the experience, I was definitely pissed at the time. Beyond pissed... I was embarrassed in front of my close friends. I had been talking this up for days, about how much I wanted to check this out. I convince them to drive 15 minutes for a beer, when they can drive down the road and get something somewhere else. And then this happened...

But, looking back on it, as much as I feel that they could have dealt with it better, I understand that they were just doing their job. If they opened the door to me, they would need to open it to the next person that came, and that person would probably want something from the kitchen, etc.

I appreciate your offer, but I will not take you up on it. There is no reason for you or anyone else to pay for the beer. I do, however, look forward to meeting you sometime and trying your beer/s. I am going to have some free time in the evenings next week, while my wife is out of town with her sister on a trip, so I am hoping to come up there one night. If there is any left on tap at that point, maybe we can meet and have one together.

And again, congratulations man... as so many have said already, we envy you... you are doing what we only dream of, and we all wish you the best of luck with your endeavors.

Back