Larry Bell Stepping Down, Selling to New Belgium's parent company

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kirin is notorious for their research on expanding the horizons of beer (I remember a podcast from a Belgain brewer that was at New Belgium pre acquisition where he raved on them). I have no worries about this transition as an avid consumer of the brand. Good for Larry, and two of my all time favorite breweries are now under the same umbrella. If they had to get gobbled up, glad it was this umbrella.

Any corporate entity that added Two Hearted and Oberon (et al, really) to their portfolio would be beyond stupid to mess with them, and I don't see that being the case here. Those two labels are both massively successful just as they are. Lion can keep the ship on the same course and make a handsome profit for the foreseeable future. If John Mallett stay on at the Kalamazoo facility, all we be fine for our drinking prospects.

Larry deserves the chance to go enjoy the world and reap the reward for bringing us all some phenomenal drinking for a few decades. I am ecstatic he was able to find as positive a path forward for all concerned as he has.

I picked up my Bell’s grill that I won through Binnys today.
I picked up some Bell’s beer as well why the going is still good.
A863DA43-46D0-4BDF-9E56-D7323B7941B7.jpeg

Latest posts

Back