My wife passed away

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Britinusa

Reaction score
My wife passed away on Monday, I am taking a short break from brewing, but its going to be pretty theraputic for me so im planning on not being too long away.
Im just trying to keep my self busy right now and take care of our 6 year old son.

Makes me appreciate my wife and daughters a bit more. The wife cleaned the house today while I racked and bottled wine. She is a great woman.

May you find some peace and relish the memories.

My wife passed away on Monday, I am taking a short break from brewing, but its going to be pretty theraputic for me so im planning on not being too long away.
Im just trying to keep my self busy right now and take care of our 6 year old son.

Sorry for your loss. My wife was killed in an accident about 5 years ago.

Some lessons I learned:

For me, staying busy was good too.

Take all the time time you need for yourself...don't let those trying to "help" deprive you of that.

We all cope differently. Do what YOU need to do. I learned that several friends/family coped very differently than I did I.

Those who've suffered similar losses are more comfortable talking about it. I discovered I had about half a dozen friends who had also lost spouses that I did not know about.

I don't think much about the loss, but rather am thankful for the 10 great years we had.

Condolences... From a quick perusal of your commenting history, your son is in good hands. Be well...

I can't even imagine the amount of sorrow you feel. I will pray for you and your son. Please do your best to remember only the good times, and the time will get easier. Never the loss, always the love.

So sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you and your son. Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Unless someone has experienced this, even though they try, they cannot imagine what you are going through.

I'm so sorry to hear this. :( my best wishes to you and your family. This has been a huge fear of mine for years.

Latest posts

Back