Hello from Arizona!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello there! My name is Christa and my husband Dave and I have been homebrewing for about a year now! We make meads (different kinds like capscamels, metheglin, melomels, etc), wines, cysers and ciders! We even just started a second YouTube channel called Meading Of The Minds with the hopes of meeting other homebrewers new and old in the hobby, or those that have been wanting to start but don't know how. Our first video was posted yesterday and we made a Traditional Mead. We talked about the process, showed how we do it, what equipment we use, yeast (D47 because we wanted to try for a 14%), etc. We have many plans for our channel and would love for you to join us! I won't post the link here because I'm not sure if it's allowed or not. If you'd like the link, let me know in the comments!

I'm a wife, mom to a 5 year old son (who turns 5 TODAY! 12/11), full time worker in the clinical research specialty, YouTube channel producer/co-host for now two channels. We lead a busy life but always find time to do our homebrewing journey together after the sun (and son) goes down. It's definitely become a great hobby for the two of us as a married couple!

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this! I look forward to learning from you all!

Happy Brewing!

Welcome and Happy Birthday to your son. You're only five once, so make it special. I think my little guy's fifth birthday was one of the happiest day of his life. At least I hope so. I took the afternoon off and picked him up early from day care. We played baseball until way past dark.

Welcome and Happy Birthday to your son. You're only five once, so make it special. I think my little guy's fifth birthday was one of the happiest day of his life. At least I hope so. I took the afternoon off and picked him up early from day care. We played baseball until way past dark.
Aww that's so sweet! My husband and I work from home, so we're here with him celebrating as we can while we work. But, we're both done in a couple hours and we can open presents and do all the things. :) Thank you!

BTW, where in AZ? Our daughter went to grad school at U of A and we've really enjoyed our visits to Tucson and took the opportunity to see some other parts of the state.

Born and raised in AZ. We visit at least once a year.

In 2019 we visited the Meading Room in Sonoita. Great place. The owner was super nice and took me in back to check out fermenters etc. I hope they survived the COVID thing.

Born and raised in AZ. We visit at least once a year.

In 2019 we visited the Meading Room in Sonoita. Great place. The owner was super nice and took me in back to check out fermenters etc. I hope they survived the COVID thing.
It's funny, I was just asking my husband where Sonoita is because there was a meadery there. Looks like they're still around! It's on my list of places to go haha!

Brand new to meading here, but also in AZ (West Valley). We love going to Tubac, so a trip to Sonoita from there will be on the next itinerary. I'll definitely check out your YT channel!

Hello there! My name is Christa and my husband Dave and I have been homebrewing for about a year now! We make meads (different kinds like capscamels, metheglin, melomels, etc), wines, cysers and ciders! We even just started a second YouTube channel called Meading Of The Minds with the hopes of meeting other homebrewers new and old in the hobby, or those that have been wanting to start but don't know how. Our first video was posted yesterday and we made a Traditional Mead. We talked about the process, showed how we do it, what equipment we use, yeast (D47 because we wanted to try for a 14%), etc. We have many plans for our channel and would love for you to join us! I won't post the link here because I'm not sure if it's allowed or not. If you'd like the link, let me know in the comments!

I'm a wife, mom to a 5 year old son (who turns 5 TODAY! 12/11), full time worker in the clinical research specialty, YouTube channel producer/co-host for now two channels. We lead a busy life but always find time to do our homebrewing journey together after the sun (and son) goes down. It's definitely become a great hobby for the two of us as a married couple!

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this! I look forward to learning from you all!

Happy Brewing!
Awesome! I’m going to your channel right now! Thanks!

Latest posts

Back