Keezer Tap Towers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeerGuy

Reaction score
I was a firefighter and EMT on a volunteer service for 18 years. While I have not been for many years now, I still feel connected to everyone who is still helping our communities. I was able to obtain a few of these old fire extinguishers and decided to put them to good use over just sitting on my floor reminding me of my fellow brothers and sisters still fighting and ones who have passed. On 9/11 I felt lost and also heartbroken for the ones we lost that day and since then due to the tragic happenings.

This is the beginning of my keezer build to put 6 taps (black Nukatap with a black short shank), three in each, to honor the men and women who have, and still are helping our communities in a volunteer or paid service, as well as our military service members. Thank you all for what you do!

I have been thinking about painting the freezer in the colors of my old house but I have a better idea now. I am asking for anyone to send me a sticker, patch, or anything I can cover the keezer with to immortalize your department, company, or service (send me a DM for my address). This way when I brew a batch of beer and serve it to myself, friends, and family, I will always be raising a glass to all the brave and fearless men and women. The fire extinguishers are out getting a mirror finish polished into them and then protected with an automotive clear that will be diamond-hard and not chip (I will post pictures of them when I get them back).

When I am called to duty, God wherever flames may rage, give me the strength to save a life, whatever be its age. Help me to embrace a little child before it’s too late, or save an older person from the horror of that fate. Enable me to be alert to hear the weakest shout, and quickly and efficiently to put the fire out. I want to fill my calling and to give the best in me, to guard my neighbor and protect his property. And if according to Your will I have to lose my life, bless with Your protecting hand my loving family from strife.

Attachments

• IMG_1985.JPG
    IMG_1985.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1986.JPG
    IMG_1986.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1987.JPG
    IMG_1987.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1988.JPG
    IMG_1988.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Thank you for your service!

Your build looks incredible, I love the tap tower you have there, fantastic idea to repurpose those into your bar.

Good luck and again thanks for your service to the community!

Back