Most famous person from your high school

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
went to 2 high schools

in NJ:
  • Brendan Buckley (born 1974, class of 1992), is now a drummer in Shakira's band.
  • Dave Moore (born 1969), class of 1988, was a football player, played for the Buffalo Bills and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

in VA:
  • Actor Matthew Ashford, best known for portraying the role of Jack Deveraux on the NBC soap opera Days of our Lives.
  • Writer Mike D'Orso, class of 1971 (the first graduating class), has authored or coauthored numerous nonfiction works, including Like Judgement Day: The Rise and Redemption of Rosewood, Florida, which was instrumental in the development of the film Rosewood, starring Jon Voight and Ving Rhames and directed by John Singleton. His most recent book is Oceana: Our Endangered Oceans and What We Can Do to Save Them (2011), written with actor/activist Ted Danson.
  • Anthony Mayberry played American football for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 1990 to 1999. He was selected to three Pro Bowls. He played college football at Wake Forest.
  • Larry Asante is an American football safety for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League. He played college football at Nebraska. At Hayfield, he earned all-league honors as a running back in the AAA Patriot Division.
  • Geoff Leach, class of 1992. Lead singer, Elephant Boy (Warner Bros. Records). Hip hop/rock music crossover artist and radio and print personality.
  • Murielle Ahouré, class of 2005. Sprinter for Côte d'Ivoire who specializes in the 100 and 200 meter dashes. She won a silver medal in the 60 meter event at the 2012 IAAF World Indoor Championships in Istanbul, Turkey and was the 2009 NCAA Indoor Champion at the 200 meter event.

None that i'm aware of. I doubt anyone from my high school has even met a famous person, myself included.

A couple of NFL players most not known

Avon Cobourn
Phil Costa
Wali Lundy

And a few lesser known film people, including one guy in my class who got an Oscar for working on the visual effects for Life of Pi.

Kenny Chesny graduated from the College I went to. Steve Spurrier went to high school I graduated from.

Graduated before me but knew them: Rodney Peete, Jay Dobyns, and Sammy Khalifa.
Went to High School at the same time: Brooke Burke.

John Havlicek- Best 6 th. Man to ever play basketball
Phil Niekro- MLB Pitcher
Joe Niekro- MLB Pitcher

Apparently this hottie; Jessica Szohr.

jessica-szohr-burger-01.jpg

The rest were murderers and rapists known only locally.

Had a dream once about going to school with someone like Jessica Szohr (Wow!), but am stuck saying Cliff Lee (MLB Pitcher, 2008 Cy Young winner)

Don Maynard World Champion Wide Receiver New York Jets. Caught the winning ball that made Joe so famous, and a Hall of Famer from Colorado City Tx

Melissa Joan Hart was in the grade below me.

Does she still count? I don't think so.

Kurt cobain went here and one Of Nirvanas albums is named for a river I fish on.

Punity said:
Kurt cobain went here and one Of Nirvanas albums is named for a river I fish on.

That's pretty rad. "Wishka"? If my memory serves me correctly.

Graduated with Teagan Presley. Of course, that's not the name she graduated with.... Not super famous I guess, but the most from my graduating class that I can think of...

I had to look up the info on Wiki, but apparently Jim Chaney the Offensive Coordinator for Arkansas is as big as our town gets. As mentioned for several other small towns, murderers and rapist are the most famous.

Dick Yuengling - Owner of Yuengling Brewing
Chris Napholz - MLB player

There might be others but they are the two off the top of my head.

Back