Most famous person from your high school

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Columbus High School, Columbus GA.

We had Frank Thomas and Reggie Abercrombie.

And Carson McCullers, who ruined everyone's high school English classes with The Member of the Wedding and The Heart is a Lonely Hunter.

Oh, and depending on your definition of fame, the guy who invented DumbLaws.com went to my highschool. Don't even know if that thing is still around, but he ended up selling the whole site off for like $150k back before the tech bubble burst.

Im kind of surprised a Ohio High School would still claim him after he went to Michigan.

It did hurt, especially with Elvis going to, had to cheer for them, except one game every year. He came to the school for a pep rally, to show off his Heisman driving a brand new Dodge Stealth Rt, he hadn't graduated Michigan yet, boosters, lol

Bobby Bonilla (former MLB player).

Doug Marrone (former Syracuse football player, Syracuse football Head Coach, and current Buffalo Bills Head Coach).

I've only met and talked to Marrone at my high school's football banquet 2 years ago where he spoke.

Bobby Bonilla (former MLB player).

Doug Marrone (former Syracuse football player, Syracuse football Head Coach, and current Buffalo Bills Head Coach).

I've only met and talked to Marrone at my high school's football banquet 2 years ago where he spoke.

Wow, you really claimed Bobby Bo? What a bum. I think the Mets started paying him over 1mil a year last year for the next 20 years in deferred compensation. The guy did absolutely nothing for the team.

Wow, you really claimed Bobby Bo? What a bum. I think the Mets started paying him over 1mil a year last year for the next 20 years in deferred compensation. The guy did absolutely nothing for the team.

It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it. :ban:

I went to hs with Bill Berry, former drummer with REM...good guy! My son went to the same hs as Luke Bryan, Buster Posie, & Phillip Phillips.

Lamar High, Lamar, CO

Scott Elarton
MLB Pitcher (Astros, Rockies, Royals, Phillies)

Doug Brocail
MLB Pitcher (Just about everybody)

Jeremy Ausmus
Pro Poker Player (Finished 4th in 2012 WSOP)

Anybody from small town CO that ends up on ESPN and pulled down a million plus payday, is famous to us.

Back