Local Only Trade (LOT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll bite! It’s been a while since I did a trade. Actually this thread was the start of my beer trading! Let me know when I’m up to ship and to whom.

EDIT NOTE - I do leave for vacation on 2/7 so I’ll try to get out my shipment before I leave as long as I get the info from the person I’m shipping too before hand. Cheers!

Last edited:
Sounds like @pshankstar is willing to grant as long as you get your info and style preferences over.

I grant @dirharduscfan. I’m trying to remember, I ship to him right? Then the next person ships to me. If that is the case please PM me today with your address, phone number and what styles you like. I should be in the area of a great beer store about 35 minutes away tomorrow. So the timing is perfect.

Cheers!!!

I grant @dirharduscfan. I’m trying to remember, I ship to him right? Then the next person ships to me. If that is the case please PM me today with your address, phone number and what styles you like. I should be in the area of a great beer store about 35 minutes away tomorrow. So the timing is perfect.

Cheers!!!

Yes, once you grant, someone can grant you. Rinse and repeat.

How does this work and how do I get on "the list" to be part of this?

Once you see that a grant has been fulfilled, if the next person up isn’t in your local area, and you feel like you can grant their beer style preferences, you call out that you will grant them with a post.

Check out the OP, it should cover a lot of questions.

Very simple. Check the first post of the thread. Everything is explained in detail. It sounds like @pshankstar is going to grant a local selection of beers to @dieharduscfan when he gets his list. After shipment is confirmed the next person (could be you or @RevKev or anyone else who volunteers to get the styles @pshankstar is looking for) then grants and it continues down the line.
How does this work and how do I get on "the list" to be part of this?

Very simple. Check the first post of the thread. Everything is explained in detail. It sounds like @pshankstar is going to grant a local selection of beers to @dieharduscfan when he gets his list. After shipment is confirmed the next person (could be you or @RevKev or anyone else who volunteers to get the styles @pshankstar is looking for) then grants and it continues down the line.

Nothing against @RevKev, but he is also in Western NY with me. So I say we should get someone in between us. Would you agree Kev?

So I’ll ship to @dieharduscfan after I get his info and what not. Then the next person ships to me, then the next person would ship to the person who shipped to me. I believe that sums it up but all the details are right on post #1. [emoji3]

Cheers!!!

Just sent you a PM and I'm looking forward to some good beer. Cheers!

Nothing against @RevKev, but he is also in Western NY with me. So I say we should get someone in between us. Would you agree Kev?

So I’ll ship to @dieharduscfan after I get his info and what not. Then the next person ships to me, then the next person would ship to the person who shipped to me. I believe that sums it up but all the details are right on post #1. [emoji3]
No I absolutely agree, I was going to hop in and grant past mid February.

The idea would be to get out of state distribution brews so you getting things from me is not the idea of this LOT

Obviously. My reply was more geared toward how the exchange works. Couldn't do a local beer grant if you're only an hour apart, wouldn't make sense. I didn't check each person's location when explaining how it works. Really, it's going to depend on who offers to grant AFTER your shipment is confirmed anyway. When this thread gets busy and people start calling two or three shipments ahead of time, it turns into a mess and people get skipped.

Obviously. My reply was more geared toward how the exchange works. Couldn't do a local beer grant if you're only an hour apart, wouldn't make sense. I didn't check each person's location when explaining how it works. Really, it's going to depend on who offers to grant AFTER your shipment is confirmed anyway. When this thread gets busy and people start calling two or three shipments ahead of time, it turns into a mess and people get skipped.
Oh absolutely! Was just concurring, and yeah I remember the hay day it was legitimately insane to jump into [emoji23]

Thanks pshankstar for the generous grant of beer. Guess that means you’re up for the next grant.View attachment 555948

Attachments

• IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
Glad it made it there safely! Not that I was worried but it’s always good to know. Cheers and enjoy!

Who’s up next to ship and I’ll PM you my info and what not.

Can I offer to grant pshankstar now or is that jumping the line somehow? I'm located in Southwest Virginia.

Well once you ship or before you ship if you're alright with a package from Western NY give me an idea of what you like and I'll see what I can even find. Let us know when you ship

I'm brand new to it and love the idea! pshankstar's grant is on the way to New York from Virginia... I hope you enjoy it! Cheers![emoji482]

I've sent pshankstar his tracking number, he should be pretty happy on Tuesday! I'm assuming we wait for the actual delivery before anything else...? @RevKev, I can send you my preferences now if you like, if that's appropriate and acceptable. Thanks!

I've sent pshankstar his tracking number, he should be pretty happy on Tuesday! I'm assuming we wait for the actual delivery before anything else...? @RevKev, I can send you my preferences now if you like, if that's appropriate and acceptable. Thanks!

We can wait, but tracking number is enough for me once he confirms. But yeah honestly you can just post your preferences here easier than a PM doesn't matter to me!!

Cool! Porter's, Stout's, and any good ale. No IPA's please. Pretty easy to please on this end!

Rev, what's your preferences?
I've only met 1 beer I haven't liked, that wasn't infected.. It was strange a mishmash of styles that didn't work. Usually like trying local things that the others enjoy!

Enjoy APA/IPAs, stouts and porters of all sorts, any wild ales funky or sour, lagers.. etc not picky [emoji108]

Latest posts

Back