Local Only Trade (LOT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fedex lost the package for 7 days but it's all good now and the the booze is on its way to sandstonecity. They lost two of my packages one trade and this grant. Found them both at the same time and shipped the a day apart go figure. Never going to drop off a Fedex package at a grocery store receiving desk again.

@sandstonecitybrew Nice! That looks really great altogether. Enjoy man. Those modern times saisons are fantastic and the Mike Hess brews are on point wish I'd sent you more.

Glad to see they all made it. I packed the hell out of it. You likely could have dropped it from a 5 story building and had intact bottles.

I absolutely love me some Rockmill. The Columbus IPA is my go to daily drinker. And the North High just took silver on PA at world beer cup believe it or not. The Jackie O's won't disappoint. And that mad tree is discontinued but a really fantastic brown that does well.

Definitely put that stout away for a little while. By the way the DC Brau isn't a local Florida beer but I work in DC and always pick this one up. It's not the freshest though. Realized that after I bought it.

So I am trying to come to grips with the rules, and I think I got it down. Can someone clarify if I understand this correctly? I go to my local breweries (that bottle) and/or stores that carry my local brew (who otherwise do not distribute outside my local community-ies). I acquire at least 48 ounces in different varieties of local brew, and when I have that ready to ship I post up here? The last person to ship someone else beer then gets my beer under the assumption that they our outside own my local area.

Does that sound about right?

You don't post first..... as in "hey I'm in NC who wants my beer" and someone responds "I do"

Instead, Say I shipped from NC to someone in CA then I'm up to be granted. You come along and say hey I'm in FL I'll grant you. At that point you will ship me beer from FL that doesn't distro to NC like budda or civil society. Once I confirm that I got your beer then Joe from TX would pick you up and ship to you. So on and so forth.

As far as what you ship you are right on the money, it's beers others can't get due to no distro so obviously you wouldn't send Sam Adams bc it's available everywhere.

So JayDog is up. He would be next to be granted. So if you want in, notify the group here that you are granting him. He will give you a heads up as to any restrictions or preferences and you will get beer local to you and that he can't get and ship it to him. Then you are next in line to be granted.

Take a look at some of the pics over the last few pages to get an idea of some of the shipments. JayDog needs a hookup!

Completely understand, thanks. I'll wait to do anything until I have beers in hand. Don't want to be that guy and be too slow to get something out.

Thanks for confirming everyone!!

Didn't have it at the time. Just got some over the weekend though. Better luck next time. [emoji23]

I also was tempted to throw in some Gumballhead that I got but it isn't necessarily local.

View attachment 369327

Is it ok for me to feel left out that I didn't get to try that delicious looking beer even though you gave me an awesome grant?

Hey TwistedGray, I'm in Fl. I don't mind waiting if you want to ship some Cali beers. Let me know and I'll PM my info.

Just received tracking info from TwistedGray. This guy did not waste any time at all. Looking forward to the variety. I will post pics as soon as it arrives.

Which should be Friday!

I just hope that nothing gets drank in transit by the delivery folks or the cardboard gods...figured 2 day delivery should avoid it from getting to beat to hell. Enjoy :mug:

Oh, and enjoy the crude, overly taped, tape job :tank:

Which should be Friday!

I just hope that nothing gets drank in transit by the delivery folks or the cardboard gods...figured 2 day delivery should avoid it from getting to beat to hell. Enjoy :mug:

Oh, and enjoy the crude, overly taped, tape job :tank:

I see your in Cali, any likes/dislikes?

Back