Local Only Trade (LOT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay. I just didn't want this to turn into an expensive beer swap OR have someone enter, send some expensive stuff and get a common beer in return. I like the idea of lesser known breweries unfortunately some I'd want to send don't bottle and I'm not sure how I'd explain a growler shipment of yeast samples to fed ex.

you just dont tell them whats inside :) if anyone asks me, i tell them is home made jam in glass mason jars.

I filled my forms out online, never asked what was inside, then I dropped it off at the local location, and no one there asked me anything at all, just took the package off my hands...

I have mailed many yeast samples to competitions in my time though, back when I did it all in the shop, they always asked...

just got my package from SMPress! i cant wait till im done with work so i can try some of these beauties. Good selection from 8 different breweries. The dates on the heavy stout and porter make me think they are gonna be great. I love my stouts and porters with a good amount of age on them. The date on the IPA is my only concern, 3/11/14? I bet its still good, but your LHBS may need to re stock ;)

Thanks bro! Great selection of stuff that i will really enjoy. Cant wait to break into that wee heavy. Probably be the first one :D SWAMBO wants the orange ipa bad.

WP_20160113_12_10_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20160113_12_15_21_Pro.jpg

WP_20160113_12_15_49_Pro.jpg

WP_20160113_12_20_33_Pro.jpg

just got my package from SMPress! i cant wait till im done with work so i can try some of these beauties. Good selection from 8 different breweries. The dates on the heavy stout and porter make me think they are gonna be great. I love my stouts and porters with a good amount of age on them. The date on the IPA is my only concern, 3/11/14? I bet its still good, but your LHBS may need to re stock ;)

Thanks bro! Great selection of stuff that i will really enjoy. Cant wait to break into that wee heavy. Probably be the first one :D SWAMBO wants the orange ipa bad.

That is a great score.... And also means that all those beers in a box for SMPress need to be bubble wrapped beers in a taped up box... First thing tomorrow morning.

Hey Terek, my apologies on the IPA, I didn't check the date when I bought it. This stuff was bought at a place that isn't my normal shop, but was convenient. I will be sure to check dates closer in the future there! I hope its still OK, certainly don't expect it to "pop" I guess... The Imperial Stout and Imperial porter should age well, so fingers crossed! Assuming the others are more in date?

That Devils Backbone Schwartz is a local favorite in my homebrew club.

I have never had the orange, but bought an extra can for myself, so we will see. Mine is in the fridge, so maybe this weekend.

That is a great score.... And also means that all those beers in a box for SMPress need to be bubble wrapped beers in a taped up box... First thing tomorrow morning.

Thank you sir, much appreciated! Almost time to get myself back in line for another round, you can never have enough beer!!! If shipping were cheaper, this would be a very dangerous thread for me!

I have everything purchased, also need to package. I have been working on a little something that I wanted to include in the package. I will ship on Tuesday.

Hey Terek, my apologies on the IPA, I didn't check the date when I bought it. This stuff was bought at a place that isn't my normal shop, but was convenient. I will be sure to check dates closer in the future there! I hope its still OK, certainly don't expect it to "pop" I guess... The Imperial Stout and Imperial porter should age well, so fingers crossed! Assuming the others are more in date?

That Devils Backbone Schwartz is a local favorite in my homebrew club.

I have never had the orange, but bought an extra can for myself, so we will see. Mine is in the fridge, so maybe this weekend.

no problem, just razzing you :cross: i believe all beer gets better with age. Some hop aroma may be gone, but i bet its very smooth.

As for the imperial porter/stout, i prefer age. 10-14 months is when i think they are in their prime. No others had dates. That is a problem with a lot of my local breweries. They dont date anything. Even the limited release barley wine i got a year ago from a local shop. Only way i know how old it is, is because the counter guy (also is the brew master) said they had just bottled it.

Drinking the wee heavy right now, its epic. Makes me want to brew one, as i have never tried to make one.

@Hello knocked this outta the park.

View attachment 330065View attachment 330066View attachment 330067View attachment 330068

Mango Tango is in the fridge now, sounds too good not to drink tonight. Thanks J for the awesome package!

You're very welcome. It's my pleasure.
BTW the Supernaturale (Crobot) beer is a damn amazing brown. It was brewed for the band Crobot. Double Barley is a favorite brewery and I'm friends with the owners. I've brewed for them as well. I love their beers.

I hope you enjoy.

I am sending to @Hello, it has just been crazy. I have to get several local beers in flip top bottles.

I am not up until she receives my shipment.

Martin
No worries at all. Take your time.
Once you ship, you can be granted.

Really? I totally blew past that rule. At least Mdsutton hasn't shipped yet so because of him, I'm not really a rule breaker...yet. :D

I would like to participate when there is an opening. I am new to this and have not traded beer before, but I am very interested in it! I understand when I am called upon I will need to ship first. I travel for work and sometimes may not be able to respond quickly while I'm on the road but I will always keep contact.

I'm in Western New York.

No Porters or Stouts. Favorites are IPAs, Pale Ales, and Wheats but will drink anything else.

Did I do this right? ;)

I would like to participate when there is an opening. I am new to this and have not traded beer before, but I am very interested in it! I understand when I am called upon I will need to ship first. I travel for work and sometimes may not be able to respond quickly while I'm on the road but I will always keep contact.

I'm in Western New York.

No Porters or Stouts. Favorites are IPAs, Pale Ales, and Wheats but will drink anything else.

Did I do this right? ;)

@Mdsutton will be up once his recipient has received shipping confirmation. If you wish to do so, please grant his and then you'll be up.

Shipped! After punching a hole in can, and replacing it.

I am not a fan of sours, or fruity flavored beers. IPAs or IIPAs, Pale ales, Lagers, yu get the idea!

Should hear from Hello! Monday about receiving.

Martin

Is there a quantity specification at all? Hate to ship out a case and receive a six.

Is there a straight trade thread?

Sorry, I'm new.

RULES:

1: Must be a member for 90 days + 100 post count

2: If you do not have any trade feedback, you will be required to ship first.

3: LOCAL REQUIREMENT- Must include at least 48oz of local beer, but remember local is key to this thread.

4: Tracking info must be provided to recipient.

Encouragements:

- Be sure to leave appropriate trader feedback for the recipient

- Post photos of your haul on this thread.

@normonster. At least 48 ounces of local beer. :mug:

Pointcity, I haven't had that Lonerider, we only get three of their beers up here in Virginia, but I really like them a lot!!!

They have some amazing beers that don't get distribution (as far as I know). If you want 'em, you gotta go to their hideaway tap room. I love their Eve and Red Spur. My wife is a huge Sweet Josie fan, though you can find that just about anywhere at retail or on tap.

@BeerMeDuffMan This was posted just the other day. I'm just waiting to receive word then I believe I will be up next. Can't wait, this idea is awesome!

When @Hello confirms that the package has shipped, then you can fulfill @Mdsutton with what he wants. After you ship to @Mdsutton with shipping confirmation, someone can fulfill yours...

@Mdsutton is up. Because nooooooooo!
This isn't his fault, I'd say let it roll...the box is clearly en route, or being drank by some tools in Durham. :(
Seriously, we have sleet...just sleet.
Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 8.15.11 AM.png

This is Raleigh. The mere discussion of snow means there is a state of emergency!

http://www.wral.com/wral-tv/image_gallery/13392751/

FWIW, the photo itself is real. Cars were indeed stuck and one caught fire. The rest was obviously added. :)

NC weather was wonky when I was there. I remember a snow storm dumped a good 10 inches of snow in Philly on a weekend I came up to visit. Driving back down on Sunday night literally took all night, from normal 7 hour trip to a 14 hour trip. Virigina was hammered with snow, NC was coated with ice and a good 4-6" of snow on top of it....except for Camp Lejuene, which had a 45 mile radius of tropical weather surrounding it. It was so bizarre.

Ok, so I'm up to ship to @mdsutton, right? If so, I will find his post as to what he would like or doesn't like and get out this weekend to pick up some local brews. I'll pick up some extra packaging material too.

Please note, I have to travel for work early next week and will be home late Wed night or early Thu morning. Assuming my flight from BWI doesn't get canceled with the next "storm" that is going to hit next week. So I probably will not be able to ship the beers until I return home.

Also, is it against the rules to include a local craft brew from another state that the receiver cannot get in their location? For example, I may bring back some local craft beers from Maryland that doesn't distribute outside the MD, VA and DC area. I would include one of these brews with the other ones here in NY. @mdsutton lives in FL so he wouldn't be able to get any of these brews from NY and MD.

The idea is to send out as local as possible, breweries with wide distribution are not encouraged. However, if you would like to send something that is not available to the recipient's area feel free to do so as long as you meet the "local" requirement.
The way I'm interpreting it, sending small distro beers from an area other than what is "local" to you should be fine. Even though MD/VA/DC area isn't your home locale necessarily, as long as they are still small distro local brews that the recipient doesn't have access to, that should still fall under the guidelines. Just to be on the safe side, however, I'd also include some beer that is local to you, just to cover your bases.

If you're still uncertain, feel free to send me a few bottles of the beer in question and I'd be happy to give you a more educated opinion. :D

@BeerMeDuffMan This was posted just the other day. I'm just waiting to receive word then I believe I will be up next. Can't wait, this idea is awesome!
I will get this unless @BeerMeDuffMan was planning to? I am out of town for work until middle of next week. Since we will be waiting a few days for shipping confirmation on this one, the timing works out well for me anyway. Can get shipped out on or before Feb. 1.

I will get this unless @BeerMeDuffMan was planning to? I am out of town for work until middle of next week. Since we will be waiting a few days for shipping confirmation on this one, the timing works out well for me anyway. Can get shipped out on or before Feb. 1.

All you man :) I was just trying to follow the thread. I may jump in at a later date after my self imposed restrictions are lifted

If you're still uncertain, feel free to send me a few bottles of the beer in question and I'd be happy to give you a more educated opinion. :D

That is brilliant! If anyone is questioning if the beer they want to send is local enough, send me the beers in question... Along with your intended recipients zip code, and I will let you know if you are on the right track.

Thanks @mattv21 & @pointcity-homebrew! Yes the beer I ship will be mainly all NY local craft beers. I just thought about throwing in an extra brew from a small new craft brewery where I will be next week. I mean who doesn't want great craft beer???

So with that being said, I am the next person to ship and it goes to @Mdsutton. Is that correct? Once I know my assumption is right, I will be in touch with @Mdsutton via PM. Thanks everyone!

Thanks @mattv21 & @pointcity-homebrew! Yes the beer I ship will be mainly all NY local craft beers. I just thought about throwing in an extra brew from a small new craft brewery where I will be next week. I mean who doesn't want great craft beer???

So with that being said, I am the next person to ship and it goes to @Mdsutton. Is that correct? Once I know my assumption is right, I will be in touch with @Mdsutton via PM. Thanks everyone!

You got it.

@PatrickGoss did you get my PM?

Once Pshankstar ships, feel free to pick him up.

Back