Local Only Trade (LOT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question to the moderator of this thread. Any way we can trade homebrew with fellow members? That would be awesome! Not only for an unbiased opinion but for satisfaction and enjoyment of sampling a fellow brewers haul from hard work, just like yourself!

Minneapolis, MN

IPA is preferred. ( can't help stating my favorite ;) )

Are you offering to pick up @Hello's grant? Just a little confused here. Popping into the thread and stating your preference isn't how the thread works.

Maybe I missed something.

I'm sorry maybe it is I that missed something. I'm just going off of direction from the original/beginning post for this thread.

Boyd0418,

You missed the first part of how it works: Fulfill and be fulfilled. You have to choose to fulfill another's list (send to someone else) and after that, you become eligible and can post what styles you want. It's not just a free for all trade, it's more of a trade thread. I give to someone, you give to me, someone gives to you... Etc..

Oh, I don't think I even stated styles.
IPA, DIPA, vanilla & coffee stouts or porters...really the preference is no lagers, hells, pilsners, saisons or sours right now. Hope that's all okay and anything not distributed in NC.

Boyd0418,

You missed the first part of how it works: Fulfill and be fulfilled. You have to choose to fulfill another's list (send to someone else) and after that, you become eligible and can post what styles you want. It's not just a free for all trade, it's more of a trade thread. I give to someone, you give to me, someone gives to you... Etc..

I understand such. Thank you for clarification though. I was simply stating my location and style preference to start on the thread.

I understand such. Thank you for clarification though. I was simply stating my location and style preference to start on the thread.

you also need to have been a member longer/have more posts. But this trade shoud be around a long time, so get em up there, and we will be here for you

Question to the moderator of this thread. Any way we can trade homebrew with fellow members? That would be awesome! Not only for an unbiased opinion but for satisfaction and enjoyment of sampling a fellow brewers haul from hard work, just like yourself!

Absolutely, i believe that it is the best way to get unbiased feedback.

However, they should be included as extras as this is meant to get lesser known breweries into other drinkers hands.

As Terek said, stick around until you meet the requirements and jump in. In the meantime I'd search out for someone whom would like to setup a trade. itrader (+) feedback goes a long way on threads as such.

just add in a few homebrews, with the rest of your trade. thats what i did.

Also, i have hosted a few homebrew trade threads with great success. I am thinking about starting up another one here soon, after all the holiday crap has moved on. The parameters are pretty much the same as this one, but I usually wait till its full (around 14 people) and randomly assign someone to another and we all send around the same time. Posted below is the last one i did.
Id like to do it again, but i also plan on participating in LOT one again, as well

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=474428

So who needs beers shipped? I got lost in the new traders with new feedback. What happened to making a list of on deck for trades and/or fulfilled trades?

i kind of got lost as well, but i think that @SMPress is next. He is sending me stuff, hopefully today :) So you would fu fill SMPress

i kind of got lost as well, but i think that @SMPress is next. He is sending me stuff, hopefully today :) So you would fu fill SMPress

Nope, I got SMPress, Pointcity got me, I think Hello is up. She is in NC and likes beer. I will quote her post next.

IPA, DIPA, vanilla & coffee stouts or porters...really the preference is no lagers, hells, pilsners, saisons or sours right now. Hope that's all okay and anything not distributed in NC.

Hook this lady up!

I just noticed I have a 0 trader ratings but I've traded Pliny to at least two people here. It's times like these I'm upset BUT I can play buy the rules of I send first. I am even willing to trade with someone with 0 rating here. If any unrated trader in here wants to trade and get some ratings let me know.

I just noticed I have a 0 trader ratings but I've traded Pliny to at least two people here. It's times like these I'm upset BUT I can play buy the rules of I send first. I am even willing to trade with someone with 0 rating here. If any unrated trader in here wants to trade and get some ratings let me know.

you have enough posts to qualify. And that same thing makes me upset, as well. I have participated in around 10 trades. I even hosted 2. And I only have 2 feedbacks. And neither are from the trades i hosted.....

I could use some Pliny, if your looking to trade. I have someone out in N Cali that is suppose to getting me a box of Pliny together, but have not heard back from them in awhile. I always leave feedback.

If you want to participate here, go ahead. You are eligible.

Sometimes it helps to send a friendly PM to your trader to ask for trader feedback ratings. Posting publicly that it upsets you will likely not get you the positive trader feedback you're looking for. Many people, myself included, get caught up with many trades at once and simply forget to leave feedback or are so used to trading with the same people over and over that they aren't in the practice of leaving feedback. Sometimes all it takes is leaving a positive feedback yourself for the other person and that will trigger them to leave you positive feedback.

Sometimes it helps to send a friendly PM to your trader to ask for trader feedback ratings. Posting publicly that it upsets you will likely not get you the positive trader feedback you're looking for. Many people, myself included, get caught up with many trades at once and simply forget to leave feedback or are so used to trading with the same people over and over that they aren't in the practice of leaving feedback. Sometimes all it takes is leaving a positive feedback yourself for the other person and that will trigger them to leave you positive feedback.

Since they were my first trades and were over a year ago I figured an experienced user would have left feedback. I'm upset since cool threads such as this one require a previous trade.

I'll look for some Pliny but getting to RR is a pain (minimal parking) and last time I went on a weekend it was an hour wait to get beer or an hour wait to get on the list to get seated then probably another hour to get food.

Ok, who is up? I think I can find a few brewery's around me. Some of the newer ones are not bottling, but I am sure I can convince them to fill some 16oz flip top bottles. Is that ok?

Martin

Far as I can tell @Hello is still up!

I sure wish the USPS would get their act together and start shipping alcohol! I think I read somewhere that they were considering it. Anyway, Fedex wanted 52.48 to ship a box, and UPS wanted 27.84, so Terek, you will be getting a shipment from UPS soon!

Is shipping your package before posting your info a rule? I didn't think it was, but please correct me pointcity if I'm wrong!

Not sure why youd need to ask permission. Just send a PM to anyone you are interested in swapping with. Ive sent out 20 6-packs of my stuff in the past 3 months alone. Sometimes I just paypal them to cover shipping, sometimes they send stuff back

Is shipping your package before posting your info a rule? I didn't think it was, but please correct me pointcity if I'm wrong!

only if you dont meet the minimum requirements. post total, etc

If Mdsutton would mail his stuff and post what they want I could go shopping. How many are we sending? 6 pack? I assume LOCAL means brewed in the State correct not just available.

I assume LOCAL means brewed in the State correct not just available.

I have every intention of ignoring such a notion. I am sending a few brewed in my town and then whatever the hell I feel like that is out of the recipients distro that might bring them some joy.

I think its pretty much up to interpretation. I sent beers from Virginia and Maryland when I sent mine off. I wanted to get the best mix of beers while trying to hit the styles he preferred, which wasn't easy, as most of them aren't bottled or canned...

For me, if I cant buy it at my local shop, I am more than happy to receive it in a trade!

The idea is to get lesser known breweries into the hands of people whom have not heard of them. I wanted to make this very broad so that people who couldn't grant in threads that have specifics could grant here.

Send what you like, help spread the word of your local/ small distribution brews.

Okay. I just didn't want this to turn into an expensive beer swap OR have someone enter, send some expensive stuff and get a common beer in return. I like the idea of lesser known breweries unfortunately some I'd want to send don't bottle and I'm not sure how I'd explain a growler shipment of yeast samples to fed ex.

Back