Local Only Trade (LOT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a glitch. I apologize but now my package will not be going to Helly until Monday! I'm really sorry. My neighbor works for FedEx and I gave her everything last night , I was just waiting for the tracking number. I left for the weekend camping. She just called me and a guy she works with said not to ship cans???? Grrr. I can't expect her to jeopardize her job so I will ship it myself on Monday. Something about if they explode on the plane it's a huge fine?

I had a glitch. I apologize but now my package will not be going to Helly until Monday! I'm really sorry. My neighbor works for FedEx and I gave her everything last night , I was just waiting for the tracking number. I left for the weekend camping. She just called me and a guy she works with said not to ship cans???? Grrr. I can't expect her to jeopardize her job so I will ship it myself on Monday. Something about if they explode on the plane it's a huge fine?

I good idea(with both cans and bottles) is it put each item in ziplock bags(sometimes I do two) then even if it bursts FedEx won't know.

Kyle tells me his package has gone out. Am I clear to ship to Kyle? If so, I'll ship early this week.

Kyle's package is ready to go out today. I'll send along tracking info when it's out. Am I right that nobody has signed up to send to me yet? My wife's giving me a hard time about sending. She's worried I'm going to be left holding the bag.

Kyle's package is ready to go out today. I'll send along tracking info when it's out. Am I right that nobody has signed up to send to me yet? My wife's giving me a hard time about sending. She's worried I'm going to be left holding the bag.

I'm closing monday(finally!) so I'm getting ready to get back in this, but you're a bit too close. I'm sure someone will grant you though.

Thanks. That will make the Missus feel better.
I'm not officially up yet, but will be by the end of the day. Kyle's package is in the back seat of my car. I'll be sending it after work.

I sent out ~8 beer it forward packages when I first joined. My wife asked why I was sending out but not receiving and I explained to her how it works.

I have since been blessed with surprise packages and good beer karma. Nothing like coming home to a beer package that you did not expect.

Also, apologies in advance, Kyle, for the manual labor it's going to take you to unpack this box. This is my first time shipping beer, and I think I WAY overpacked. I taped the caps of each bottle with electrical tape, wrapped each one in bubble wrap, sealed them in individual 1 gallon plastic bags, packed the bags in packing-fill paper, put them in a corrugated box, sealed the box, wrapped the box in packing-fill paper, and put it inside a second corrugated box, and sealed that box. Hopefully we won't get any broken bottles.

First rule of beer club, don't tell your wife about beer club. :D but in all seriousness they come around. Now my wife just says oh is that a package your sending out to get one? Once they realize that really it's like you bought them yourself just from across the country they tend to be good with it.

0f049d4969c0d497a3f659a0d4b4297ee2613b2030d4450bffed570b702e8939.jpg

First rule of beer club, don't tell your wife about beer club. :D but in all seriousness they come around. Now my wife just says oh is that a package your sending out to get one? Once they realize that really it's like you bought them yourself just from across the country they tend to be good with it.
If I didn't tell her, she'd be very confused when I later got a package of beer from a stranger for no reason.

Also, she was like, "Hey, where the hell did all my bubble wrap go?"

Just sent Kyle his package. It's funny. It's like FedEx specifically didn't want to know if I was sending beer. They asked if I was sending cosmetics, gasoline, fireworks, and a host of other stuff, but never bothered to ask about alcohol.

Awesome! Can't wait! I'll fire up the chainsaw to get that box open quick! I'm digging this thread, I'll be back in it pretty soon! Excited to shop local beer (1 for me, 1 for the box) and then receive randoms! Doesn't get much better. Win win!

So an awesome thing happened today. I can't help but feel a little guilty though. The original shipment from @Hawleyfarms arrived. And I also got the new shipment from @jimmerz. Two awesome boxes of some good looking beer.

From Hawley:
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1463611382.932216.jpg

From Jimmerz:
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1463611396.777532.jpg

Jim thanks for the awesome box and the extra goodies.

Hawley this was worth the wait. I owe you one and I will figure something out soon.

Cheers!

So an awesome thing happened today. I can't help but feel a little guilty though. The original shipment from @Hawleyfarms arrived. And I also got the new shipment from @jimmerz. Two awesome boxes of some good looking beer.

From Hawley:
View attachment 354983

From Jimmerz:
View attachment 354984

Hawley this was worth the wait. I owe you one and I will figure something out soon.

Cheers!

Nice!

I'll take @liquidflame he has hooked me up on this and MAWe so I can return the favor. Plus I gots da wicked weed :D I'll sit tight until I get the green light though so we don't have another mishap

From Hawley:
View attachment 354983

From Jimmerz:
View attachment 354984

Cheers!

Glad to see they made it. Don't worry about me, just felt terrible that it took me so long. Like I said I'll jump back in at a later date. Planting season was ridiculously non-stop this year, still have a week left til we have everything planted but it finally slowed down.

Sorry to everyone on the thread, didn't realize I had created such a ruckus until I checked in over the weekend. I didn't expect this season to be up and on us like it did. Glad to see Helly was taken care of but I thought he deserved my shipment anyway for the long wait. I'll jump back in over the summer or fall.

Glad to see they made it. Don't worry about me, just felt terrible that it took me so long. Like I said I'll jump back in at a later date. Planting season was ridiculously non-stop this year, still have a week left til we have everything planted but it finally slowed down.

Sorry to everyone on the thread, didn't realize I had created such a ruckus until I checked in over the weekend. I didn't expect this season to be up and on us like it did. Glad to see Helly was taken care of but I thought he deserved my shipment anyway for the long wait. I'll jump back in over the summer or fall.

I of all people understand that life gets in the way sometimes.

We will work you in and get some beer sent your way.

Don't sweat it. I greatly appreciate it. I haven't had any of those beers and the wife and I are excited to try them.

Latest posts

Back