lets see your full Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12776936955_58c798dc0f_z.jpg

Here's my very first brew... a 1-gallon all-grain Chinook IPA type-thing (lost some volume to whole leaf hops and I'm sure my gravity is higher than I wanted).

Still, went pretty well for the the first time!

Zip tie to keep the blow off in place? Genius! I had issues with a gallon jug and a blow off. I wish I had thought of that.

A finsfan, no moo-hoo clone yet?

unfortunately no :( I really dont want to use my 210,000 btu, very inefficient, propane burner on one gallon so ive been waiting to use the neighbors gas stove or my fathers stove but havent had the chance yet. I may end up just mashing on my glass stove and then boiling on the burner, but im hesitant to do that still. I have a conan starter in the flask right now, then need to build up a 1056 starter for saturday. I guess I could do it sometime mid-next week though. You have inspired me! :D

First one is four gallons of Gose after 24 hours of just homemade lacto starter pitched, sitting at 90 degrees for the day but now dropping to 65 before pitching 1056 tomorrow evening. Second one is 6 gallons 0f MO/mosaic pale pitched with Conan at 48 hours. Most active fermentation I have seen yet! :rockin:

photo 1 (5).jpg

photo 2 (5).jpg

First one is four gallons of Gose after 24 hours of just homemade lacto starter pitched, sitting at 90 degrees for the day but now dropping to 65 before pitching 1056 tomorrow evening. Second one is 6 gallons 0f MO/mosaic pale pitched with Conan at 48 hours. Most active fermentation I have seen yet! :rockin:

I have a Gose planned for my next brew day. Whenever that finally happens. How did you do your starter? Lacto culture or just grain in water?

I have a Gose planned for my next brew day. Whenever that finally happens. How did you do your starter? Lacto culture or just grain in water?

It was just a homemade lacto stater of: 1 cup milled 2-row, 1/2 cup 100 degree water, 1/2 cup 100 degree starter wort, left for 2 days in a mason jar with cling warp and a rubber band over the top. I warmed it up to 90 degrees for six hours before pitching. I should have left it that temp for the whole time, but it still worked. Pitched that starter into 100 degree wort and I had my ferm fridge at 90 for the first 28 hours. now warming to 65 for 1056 pitch.

It was just a homemade lacto stater of: 1 cup milled 2-row, 1/2 cup 100 degree water, 1/2 cup 100 degree starter wort, left for 2 days in a mason jar with cling warp and a rubber band over the top. I warmed it up to 90 degrees for six hours before pitching. I should have left it that temp for the whole time, but it still worked. Pitched that starter into 100 degree wort and I had my ferm fridge at 90 for the first 28 hours. now warming to 65 for 1056 pitch.

That was my plan for the starter as well. Thanks.

Imperial IPA on the right and Belgian Pale on the left. In the background I have aging in bottles - London Ale, Saison, Holiday Cream Stout, IPA

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

1394085365717.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394123768.708367.jpg

Just got done brewing this Lambic. Now just to wait 2 years....

Sent from my iPhone using Home

My portion of the 500 gallons of 1.058 second runnings stout wort that Adelbert's Brewery in Austin TX gave away last week. With no time to make a starter, I decided to keep it simple and double-pitched WLP001 after I got it home.

1977144_10152208556245813_958774897_n.jpg

My portion of the 500 gallons of 1.058 second runnings stout wort that Adelbert's Brewery in Austin TX gave away last week. With no time to make a starter, I decided to keep it simple and double-pitched WLP001 after I got it home.

What size hose is that?! Does it fit pretty snug?

Here's a couple of updated photos from a few minutes ago...

1239511_10152218238825813_647482976_n.jpg

1965011_10152218238790813_992910157_n.jpg

My "Abbey Normal" Belgian Quad. Actually, it's about ready for bottling.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394392231.417056.jpg

Sent from my iThingy using a series of tubes.

Hey bigken462 what is in your blue moon beer. That thing looks awesome in the fermenter. Need a good recipe for this as the wife loves the stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Hey bigken462 what is in your blue moon beer. That thing looks awesome in the fermenter. Need a good recipe for this as the wife loves the stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Sorry buddy, I'm just seeing this. Here is what I used.

4 lbs 8.0 oz Pilsner (Weyermann) (1.7 SRM) Grain 1 40.9 %
4 lbs 8.0 oz White Wheat Malt (2.4 SRM) Grain 2 40.9 %
1 lbs Oats, Flaked (1.0 SRM) Grain 3 9.1 %
1 lbs Wheat, Flaked (1.6 SRM) Grain 4 9.1 %
0.20 oz Warrior [15.00 %] - Boil 45.0 min Hop 5 10.3 IBUs
1.00 Items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 10.0 mins) Fining
0.30 oz Coriander Seed (Boil 5.0 mins)
0.20 oz Orange Peel, Bitter (Boil 5.0 mins)
0.20 oz Orange Peel, Sweet (Boil 5.0 mins)
1.0 pkg SafBrew Ale (DCL/Fermentis #S-33) [23.66 ml] Yeast

I have never made this before, but I took a sip last night and it tasted good. Not sure how it compares to a real Blue Moon, but it's good enough for my closet. lol

Here it is today after transferring. Per the recipe it's ready to bottle, but I want to give it a little time to clear. I needed the freezer space anyhow for two more.

i-GBkvZwt-L.jpg

To keep the thread going, below is a Reissdorf Kolsch on the left brewed about 4 days ago and a Abita Amber on the right brewed last night.

i-t4GhwRM-L.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394916870.789933.jpg

English Brown Ale in the front, Strawberry wine aging in the back

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394991752.871241.jpg

Left double IPA... Right hard cider

10 gallons of homebrew... Very excited

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Wow!!!! There are some big quantities of beer. How do you drink it all...sell it...big parties...give it away??

I'm just starting but one brew at a time seem enough for me.

This is a Brewers Best American Pale Ale.

latest beer.jpg

I really enjoyed this batch of a SMaSH (10 gallons). Here it is in the 2ndaries all cleared up nicely. Guest bathtub makes a handy place to keep the beer in the dark and at a nice 61 degrees.

Marris_Otter_Fuggles_SMaSH.jpg

Wow!!!! There are some big quantities of beer. How do you drink it all...sell it...big parties...give it away??

I'm just starting but one brew at a time seem enough for me.

This is a Brewers Best American Pale Ale.

I thought the same way...
than i started realizing a pipeline is a glorious thing, so two brews in a day is not unheard of :D

Latest posts

Back