Kegcowboy.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rickycore said:
I've tried every way that is available to contact these guys and nothing. I have no idea whats going on with my order and I haven't heard a thing from them. It really is unbelievable.

I only heard from them after I disputed the charge with my bank.

Thats weird that these problems are being blamed on the move. I had this problem with them last April when it took 3 weeks to get a Perlick faucet and shank. I was told that it was their suppliers problem and "sometimes" things get backordered. This was after several emails that were never answered and a couple phone calls.

Perlick had a huge issue on their 525 faucets last year due to a defect and reportedly were not selling them for months. Some of you may remember the chatter about " do I have a defective Perlick" going around. It seems like there was a recall. Anyway it seems that it was about April when Brad left their shop and was replaced with the recently fired manager.

Anyway I have seen in other threads that the manager and everyone else in Houston was fired due to complaints and the owner is going to be hand's on for shipping in North Carolina instead of Texas. IMO seeing the Houston store before the owner moved away and seeing the store after .......the employees deserved to be fired.

I don't know what to believe but there's enough consistent smoke around these guys where I HAVE to believe there's some fire.

I'll never do business with them. There's just too much going on with them - all the time. Too many threads.

I'm suppose to hear something today concerning the status of my order from Jeff. I haven't heard anything yet its still early though. I am getting a little nervous now that their web site is down.

They had to be some really bad employees to let it get this bad...It's like they just sat around and did nothing. Didn't anwer phones, emails or anything.

If the store starts getting some better reviews in the future I'll consider buying from him when I need. But this whole mess kind of put me off for a long while.

Wasted gas going to their store just to find it has closed and moved to a different state. :mad:
A few days before going to the empty store, I tried to call and email the company asking what they have in Stock at their store... no answer. :confused:

I am going to spend my money at a place with better service. (not keg cowboys).

I just got my order! I love keg cowboy! Jeff is the real deal and all the past problem should be fixed.

All I know is that the old store in Texas was the shipping hub but due to issues internally Jeff shut it down.

He moved the store to the Carolina's and that's where everything will be shipping from.

I have spoken to Jeff numerous times and he has always answered my questions and emails.

I just hope that the bad press doesn't hurt his future. His prices are good and he's always improving. I've been an advocate for them because I had a great service from Jeff and John when they first started.

Thanks!

image-510519009.jpg

image-1334555754.jpg

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I do want to share my experience with Keg Cowboy.

Long story
I placed an order for a 4 tap home kegging set up, along with a pre order for a plate chiller. Well I didn't see the part where the whole order won't ship until the chiller arrives in April. So I called trying to break the order up since I'm not patient and want to keg! :tank: To cut to the chase, there was a confusion and my order it didn't ship on the date we set. So I called today, And wow their costumer service is great! Its going out this week with priority shipping, the chiller is going to be shipped with free shipping and some fittings and tubing for the chiller thrown in for free!! :rockin:

Short story,
Keg Cowboy rocks and they will go above and beyond with there customer service to make sure your satisfied. Ill be buying from them again soon

I too ordered a 4 tap set from keg cowboy....including two ball lock kegs. I have had nothing less than great customer service from day one with Jeff. Unfortunately, one of my corny kegs was completely smashes...the bottom was oval shaped and the handle was broken. Also the liquid post poppit was jammed up inside the post, and the air dip tube was made of plastic and had a broken cap/rim. I am working with Jeff with now to remedy the situation, and will report back with I can only assume with be good news.

Again, I am not blaming Jeff or anyone at KG for the oversight, and otherwise have nothing but good things to say about this company and their prices.

Are people still having problems with this site? I recently placed a large order, but they still haven't responded to questions about the status for the order. What contact information are people using? The only I can find is [email protected], no telephone or other email addresses.

I wish I'd have found this thread earlier. I'm in the same boat it appears. I placed a large order (over $600), and had my credit card charged, what is now 31 days ago. I've traded a few emails since the order was processed, questioning some of the specifics, such as chrome/SS shanks and fittings, as I'd like to recieve SS and MFL fittings, and would like to be sure that this was noted.

Although, they've responded to my emails, I have yet to have these questions or a possible lead time confirmed for my order. Now I'll obviously not have my kegerator ready for the Memorial Day weekend, as I'd hoped. I'm still hoping to get this resolved, because I fear the process of disputing the charges and getting a refund will be worse than trying to give KC a little more time.

In addition, I've ordered (4) kegs from Keg Connection the other day. Two days later, I've received notice that the kegs have shipped already. So far so good with my first order from Keg Connection. I wish I could say the same for Keg Cowboy.

I've sent an email to kegcowboy asking for my $450 purchase to be refunded. No response yet, I'll give them a few more hours then file a fraud claim with my bank.

With so many complaints about this company, how are they listed as a vendor here?

In tried making a claim through my bank. They said I have to wait 15 days, which is not until the 29th. They did provide a telephone number they have on record for kegcowboy. Its not in service.

This company is a rip off. I am extremely pissed off having done business with them, and they being allowed to be listed as a vendor on this website.

I know on another thread, the 40 plate thread, that they are having email issues.

Has anyone tried PMing Jeff from their HBT account?

I've been in touch with him directly on their company email account, with no resolve. I have recieved responses via email in a pretty reasonable amount of time, but all responses were more acknowledgement that they received my email, not answering any of my questions.

Like others on this thread have commented, I can understand delays, and waiting, but there should still be better communication. If it's going to be a month, just let me know and let me decide if that's how long I want to wait. I've recieved no indication of a forecasted shipment/delivery date whatsoever.

The only time I got a response from Keg Cowboy was after I disputed the charge with my credit card company. I don't know if their problems stem from incompetence or dishonesty, but I wouldn't do business with them again on a bet.

fusa said:
In tried making a claim through my bank. They said I have to wait 15 days, which is not until the 29th. They did provide a telephone number they have on record for kegcowboy. Its not in service.

This company is a rip off. I am extremely pissed off having done business with them, and they being allowed to be listed as a vendor on this website.

Pm'ed you.

FWIW- I would like to defend AHS for any negative allegations against them. I've read the entire thread and the only thing against them is a few pieces of circumstantial evidence. There were some correlations between people buying things from them and a string of identity theft charges. Anyone who is into statistics knows: Correlation does not imply causation.

On top of that I have seen Forrest himself offering help, discounts, and in some instances 100% free goods unsolicited. Just goodwill toward this community in general.
I don't claim to be smarter than anyone else, but I am smart enough to not turn on someone without undisputable evidence.

FWIW- I would like to defend AHS for any negative allegations against them. I've read the entire thread and the only thing against them is a few pieces of circumstantial evidence. There were some correlations between people buying things from them and a string of identity theft charges. Anyone who is into statistics knows: Correlation does not imply causation.

On top of that I have seen Forrest himself offering help, discounts, and in some instances 100% free goods unsolicited. Just goodwill toward this community in general.
I don't claim to be smarter than anyone else, but I am smart enough to not turn on someone without undisputable evidence.

These aren't the droids you are looking for.

i placed a large order for my keezer build, the perlicks were on back order. i explained to jeff that i had a party memorial day weekend and inquired if they would be instock in time.

he called me back and said he would send regular faucets and when the get the perlicks they would send them along with a box to return the standard faucets.

I received the order today, as long as i receive the perlicks as promised id say im pretty happy with the service thus far.

When I placed my order, I did not hear a word from them until I started to threaten them with file a complaint with their attorney general. I eventually received my order almost 5 weeks after I ordered, but only after I had to threaten them with legal action. Why is this company still allowed on this site with so many complaints?

Keg Cowboy advertising Memorial Day Sale, giving out discount coupons for purchasing keg kits. Placed order on 5/23 and still havent recieved my order. Placed email on site no reply!
Called phone number, I however did recieve a return call. Regulators on backorder.
Who in the hell has a sale without having the parts in stock????? Unbelieveable!
Mods need to remove kegcowboy's ads and get him off here. I could have placed the order with one of the big companies and gotten it within 5 days. Trying to help the little guy and get kicked in the nutz.....

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!!!

This is a great review. Unfortunately I am dealing with the same communication issues you had. I am going on 12 days since I ordered a keg and was charged. After sending a couple of request for a status update, I was cc'ed on an internal email asking for a status update. I'm hoping I find out something today. I ordered parts that you would expect to be in stock (pepsi keg, o rings, and connectors). I am hoping to use this in a couple of weeks, but I am starting to wonder if the parts will be here in time.

They have a great site, but communication is almost non-existent.

When I placed my order, I did not hear a word from them until I started to threaten them with file a complaint with their attorney general. I eventually received my order almost 5 weeks after I ordered, but only after I had to threaten them with legal action. Why is this company still allowed on this site with so many complaints?

Keg Cowboy advertising Memorial Day Sale, giving out discount coupons for purchasing keg kits. Placed order on 5/23 and still havent recieved my order. Placed email on site no reply!
Called phone number, I however did recieve a return call. Regulators on backorder.
Who in the hell has a sale without having the parts in stock????? Unbelieveable!
Mods need to remove kegcowboy's ads and get him off here. I could have placed the order with one of the big companies and gotten it within 5 days. Trying to help the little guy and get kicked in the nutz.....

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!!!

I have wondered this for some time now. I think kegcowboy gives HBT a black eye. Please, for the love of God, get this vendor off of this site. At this point, I truly believe there is some sort of financial incentive for HBT to keep this guy here. I just can't think of another reason this guy can use this BB as his personal playground for scamming people.

My experience has been almost identical to OP's. The kit I bought is fantastic, great price, the website is decent but their lack of communication and poor customer service is unacceptable. I did eventually have success calling them on the phone, but the only place to find their phone number is the top of your e-mail confirmation, they don't list it anywhere else so for the first week or two I thought I could only contact via e-mail.

It took me about a month to receive a kit that was supposed to be shipped in 1-4 days. Like OP, this was because my parts were backordered, but it took 2.5 weeks, 10 e-mails, 5 "contact us" messages on their website, 10 HBT messages and a couple phone calls before I knew that some parts weren't in stock. They shorted me some parts and 2 weeks later I'm still waiting for the correct fittings to arrive (should come in today though).

When my order finally arrived it was in a huge box that was almost ripped in half. The corneys were just sitting there unprotected, and my new CO2 tank was only protected by a thin layer of plastic. Pretty crappy packing of you ask me. I should also mention that all the corneys were pressurized when I received them, this is pretty dangerous, especially since I had it shipped to my work and was going to leave them in my hot car for the afternoon before I noticed this. Again, not acceptable.

I picked Fedex Commercial as the shipping method and they shipped it Fedex Home. This delayed things a couple days, we have a Fedex dude that's at my work a few times a day but the Fedex Home guy tried to come outside business hours and then they waited a few days before they tried again.

Not communicating with someone that just gave you $700 is unforgivable in my book. These guys told me they're real busy setting up a new shop, working out of a warehouse, moving, etc. but if that's the case they should stop accepting new orders until they get their **** together and are back on track. Instead of doing this, they have a gigantic sale giving 5% off coupons away like candy. If you can't fulfill the orders of existing, paid, waiting customers, it's not cool to invite a zillion new orders.

They responded to every request for a coupon within a few hours, but it took 2 weeks to respond to my 20 requests to get my order status. They say it's an e-mail problem on their end, but for a store that's exclusively web-based you'd think they'd make it a priority to fix such a thing.

In conclusion, I'm very happy with the product, assembly, quality etc. but I'm appalled at the customer service. Consider this before you order.

I just posted this in a similar thread in the bottling/kegging section:

My experience has been almost identical to OP's. The kit I bought is fantastic, great price, the website is decent but their lack of communication and poor customer service is unacceptable. I did eventually have success calling them on the phone, but the only place to find their phone number is the top of your e-mail confirmation, they don't list it anywhere else so for the first week or two I thought I could only contact via e-mail.

It took me about a month to receive a kit that was supposed to be shipped in 1-4 days. Like OP, this was because my parts were backordered, but it took 2.5 weeks, 10 e-mails, 5 "contact us" messages on their website, 10 HBT messages and a couple phone calls before I knew that some parts weren't in stock. They shorted me some parts and 2 weeks later I'm still waiting for the correct fittings to arrive (should come in today though).

When my order finally arrived it was in a huge box that was almost ripped in half. The corneys were just sitting there unprotected, and my new CO2 tank was only protected by a thin layer of plastic. Pretty crappy packing of you ask me. I should also mention that all the corneys were pressurized when I received them, this is pretty dangerous, especially since I had it shipped to my work and was going to leave them in my hot car for the afternoon before I noticed this. Again, not acceptable.

I picked Fedex Commercial as the shipping method and they shipped it Fedex Home. This delayed things a couple days, we have a Fedex dude that's at my work a few times a day but the Fedex Home guy tried to come outside business hours and then they waited a few days before they tried again.

Not communicating with someone that just gave you $700 is unforgivable in my book. These guys told me they're real busy setting up a new shop, working out of a warehouse, moving, etc. but if that's the case they should stop accepting new orders until they get their **** together and are back on track. Instead of doing this, they have a gigantic sale giving 5% off coupons away like candy. If you can't fulfill the orders of existing, paid, waiting customers, it's not cool to invite a zillion new orders.

They responded to every request for a coupon within a few hours, but it took 2 weeks to respond to my 20 requests to get my order status. They say it's an e-mail problem on their end, but for a store that's exclusively web-based you'd think they'd make it a priority to fix such a thing.

In conclusion, I'm very happy with the product, assembly, quality etc. but I'm appalled at the customer service. Consider this before you order.

keg cowby is no longer on my goto list.

I ordered a chiller off their website before i was a member here. It took bacoming a member of this forum and calling them out before they would communicate with me. I had a post on their page but they erased it.

Basically got the runaround about in stock and shipping dates, same story different customer, SSDD.

Wish I had came across this thread 10 business days ago (order placed 5/29) before I ordered my dual perlick draft tower. Still hasn't shipped and only one short email reply that "my info was being forwarded to the shop". Guess I need to call tomorrow and get some answers.

Wish I had came across this thread 10 business days ago (order placed 5/29) before I ordered my dual perlick draft tower. Still hasn't shipped and only one short email reply that "my info was being forwarded to the shop". Guess I need to call tomorrow and get some answers.

Yeah I think the number at the top of the e-mail is one of their cell phone numbers. Call the number, nobody ever answered my e-mails.

Man, I have never seen a company with such bad reviews.
You know a company is bad when someone would rather shop at Walmart.

Sorry to break it to you man, but all companies ship the cornies pressurized. Standard practice so that you know they hold pressure when you get em. It is not a hazard, they have a release valve that opens if the pressure got too high anyway.

Aside from that, you're complaints are the same as everyone elses. He did the same shady business back in October. Apparently it was fixed for a little. Now he is back at it.

Also, to those asking why he isn't gone from HBT. There is a sticky that explains how a vendor gets banned. Simply put, they ban vendors that SCAM people. KegCowboy just seems to suck at business. He does get you your products, it just takes quite a while to get them. If you guys really wish to make yourselves heard, TX and the Moderators have said several times to PM them with specific information on what is going on.

In the end, research vendors before purchasing to help protect yourself.

Back