Kegcowboy.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add me to the list of customers frustrated with KegCowboy.

A couple of months ago, I order a three way splitter for my C02 tank and some misc keg parts. The order was around $55.

A few weeks after I received my order, I received a second duplicate order. I sent several emails to KC asking what I should do with the extra order - no response. Finally, I received a call from KC asking if I received a second order (no mention of the emails). I said I had and asked them to arrange to have the second order picked up for return. KC told me that it wasn't worth the expense of having the second order picked up and suggested I just keep the second order.

While I can always use another C02 splitter, I told KC that I didn't think it was right for them to be out of a $55 order. KC said that if I would send back the order at my expense, they would send me a brew kit for my trouble. That sounded like a fair deal, so I repackaged the second order, trucked myself down to the post office and sent it back to them.

When they received the order back, Jeff sent me a credit for the postage and that was it - no beer kit, no explanation as to why KC decided to credit only the postage and not honor their original offer.

Now I'm not going to lose sleep over a beer kit and I know I did the right thing by KegCowboy. I also know that I was utterly frustrated by KC during the episode. I'm also a little bent that they don't seem to take their commitments seriously.

I almost never post negative comments about a vendor, I know how hard it is to make a small businesses work. But I do think that one of the things we do as a community is share information to make things easier for each other. I've come to the conclusion that it's probably easier to do business with someone other than Jeff and KegCowboy.

**UPDATE: To his credit, Jeff from KegCowboy did PM me after I posted this and offered to make things right.

The question will be if anything beneficial is actually done to make things right. These guys seem long on promises and short on delivery. Please let us know if he actually follows through on anything.

At what point will homebrewtalk stop putting up with this garbage?

There is a sticky at the top of this forum explaining why HBT will not simply delete vendors. Short story is they have to be scammers to be removed, which is totally agreeable.

At what point will homebrewtalk stop putting up with this garbage?

For the record, I don't think vendors should be removed from the site unless they are proven to have engaged in fraudulent business practices.

It's a vendor's choice if they want to focus on another part of their business at the expense of customer service (like price or delivery time frame or selection etc...). They should still be able to market their products and services to customers who also value other things ahead of customer service.

I think the forum's purpose is to share information about experiences with the vendor (good and bad) and let the members decide who they are comfortable doing business with.

I don't expect the folks at homebrewtalk.com to protect me from a less than stellar vendor (but I do appreciate it when other members steer me away from vendors that might be less than stellar).

It's only fair to assume that there are exponentially more people who have had hassle free, positive experiences with KegCowboy (unfortunately, they are less motivated to post to the site).

The question will be if anything beneficial is actually done to make things right. These guys seem long on promises and short on delivery. Please let us know if he actually follows through on anything.

Again and to his credit, Jeff seemed very willing to make good once I posted to the forum.

When did the Keg Cowboy website and service become so poor?

The website no longer has any business hours or a phone number to contact them through, only an online form to submit. Thankfully their phone number is still listed here under their profile.

I'm trying to call and email to cancel an order - that has not yet been processed after 12 days. I was told it would be processed on 10/29 (after my order date of 10/23) which I was totally fine with. And I understand any shipments would have been delayed due to Hurricane Sandy) although only a mild disruption to my location)

The fact that the order hasn't been put in the mail yet is unacceptable. I could have ordered from 12 other places. I can order the same thing with free shipping through Amazon Prime right now, since I need this for an event this weekend. But no one seems to exist at Keg Cowboy to cancel my order.

This has been happening for at least a year, and at this point I hold the forum partly responsible for not removing them as an advertiser. Just contact your credit card company and dispute the charges, you will get your money back quickly and move on to a reliable vendor.

They've never listed a number on the website, but it should be in the e-mail confirmation you received. It sucks that people are still being screwed over by this company.

This has been happening for at least a year, and at this point I hold the forum partly responsible for not removing them as an advertiser. Just contact your credit card company and dispute the charges, you will get your money back quickly and move on to a reliable vendor.

The forum will and has removed paying Vendors for being scammers. Please review this statement of when a vendor will be removed: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f173/when-does-hbt-remove-vendor-286063/#post3554028

You posted this in a thread that is pages and pages long, much of it dedicated to complaints about Kegcowboy.com's lack of communication, poor customer service and slow fulfillment. There is no editing or censoring of those comments here, despite Kegcowboy being a paying vendor.

I also note that you have posted only 4 times in the forum in a year, all of them about kegcowboy.

The forum will and has removed paying Vendors for being scammers. Please review this statement of when a vendor will be removed: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f173/when-does-hbt-remove-vendor-286063/#post3554028

You posted this in a thread that is pages and pages long, much of it dedicated to complaints about Kegcowboy.com's lack of communication, poor customer service and slow fulfillment. There is no editing or censoring of those comments here, despite Kegcowboy being a paying vendor.

I also note that you have posted only 4 times in the forum in a year, all of them about kegcowboy.

I completely understand the policy, and I don't think it should be changed. Company reviews/experiences can be pretty subjective, and of course I support not wanting to start a "witchhunt" over some negative experiences with a certain vendor.

I'll admit that I'm pretty biased at this point, and I'll also admit that I was treated like crap but not scammed. But the guys that run kegcowboy just seem like they go out of their way to provide horrible customer service; all their effort goes into obtaining new customers (with coupons) while they completely ignore a customer waiting 3+ weeks for a $1000 keg kit that was promised to ship in 1-4 business days. And while I respect your policy, it's frustrating that we've all had such negative experiences with them, yet because none of us were scammed they're still a forum sponsor. I think a lot of us didn't know that this Company Reviews subforum existed until after we placed our order, which makes things even more frustrating.

I don't advocate booting them, or altering the forum's policy. Just please know that these guys run an awful company, and we're just frustrated by it and most of us are just venting and trying to warn others to stay away. I assume you've read their "responses" to our complaints in this thread, so you know how awful it is to work with them. It's been brought up before, but I would support moving the "Company Reviews" section up closer to the Vendor Showcase area. It would have saved me a lot of trouble if I'd seen this thread before placing my order.

I ordered a plate chiller from them on September 4 when their website said they would ship on or around Oct 5. It is now november 7th and it still has not shipped. I have not received any emails from them notifying me of the delay or when to expect them. Had I known that this merchant review subforum existed (although it should be right under the Vendor Showcase portion) I would not have bought from them reading this post.

On a related note, if you have bad feedback for a purchase, make sure you note it in KegCowboy's signature. Maybe that will cause more people to notice past experiences from other people.

I ordered a plate chiller late September with the same estimated date of October 5. Same story. Same lack of communication. They actually ended up telling us what ship from China they were on, but that ship has now stopped at various ports in the USA and is long gone as far as I know.
I'm still going to give them until the end of the week to tell me something, after that it's time to file a complaint with VISA.

I honestly think I got them confused with Keg Connection, who I've heard only good things about. Now I feel like an idiot, but also after reading this thread I'm wondering why HBT continues to allow them to be a trusted vendor or whatever you call it.

So where else can I order a wort chiller from and have it delivered quick-time? Or at least not have my VISA charged until she ships?

I ordered a plate chiller on September 23rd, it shipped next day, and I had it within a couple of days. I even had a special request regarding fittings the he went above and beyond to accommodate at no additional charge (even though I offered!) he was quick to respond by email.

Maybe I'm lucky, but I'm guessing its because I ordered the 30 plate chiller with was probably in stock, while the 40 & 50 plate chiller was all hyped at the time and on back order, and perhaps he hasn't worked out a very good system to deal with back orders, it's no excuse but I thought I'd at least share my positive experience so people know its not all bad!

I'm going to wait until the end of the week and then I'll buy one from DudaDiesel. Hell they're in AL and I'm in Atlanta. I thought SC was close enough for a quick turnaround but....

I think this guy probably had good intentions but like so many, he is probably under capitalized. That is probably why he immediately processed the credit cards knowing full well he did not have the inventory. FYI, you only have 60-days to dispute a credit card charge so some of you should get on that.

FYI, you only have 60-days to dispute a credit card charge so some of you should get on that.

Disputing the charge for non-delivery is based on the expected delivery date, not the date of the actual charge. At least that is how Visa/MC worked back when I would in the dispute department for Chase.

Every time the vendor said it should be a couple more weeks (or anything like that when asked), resets the clock on the dispute timeframe. Save any email messages or forum posts that would work in your favor to extend the date.

Even based on the October 5th date that paulster2626 mentioned (which I think was extended in the thread where he told everybody what ship the chillers were sitting on) would give people roughly another month to dispute the charge. I would not wait too much longer, unless you can get an email or something from the vendor with an updated delivery date.

Sent an email last night. Just asking a couple questions, nothing serious. I just want to know if there's a different chiller that they have in stock that I could get instead. Although if I don't get a response by tomorrow morning I'll be disputing the charge with VISA.

This is ridiculous.

Disputing the charge for non-delivery is based on the expected delivery date, not the date of the actual charge. At least that is how Visa/MC worked back when I would in the dispute department for Chase.

Every time the vendor said it should be a couple more weeks (or anything like that when asked), resets the clock on the dispute timeframe. Save any email messages or forum posts that would work in your favor to extend the date.

Even based on the October 5th date that paulster2626 mentioned (which I think was extended in the thread where he told everybody what ship the chillers were sitting on) would give people roughly another month to dispute the charge. I would not wait too much longer, unless you can get an email or something from the vendor with an updated delivery date.

October 5 was later changed to October 20 I think. Then the ship came, and left, and nothing but tumbleweeds and silence...

FYI, I have sent two emails inquiring about the chiller and I have received a response each time. But I have never received any actual dates...only short replies. Below is one of them from Oct 25:
"Hope to have them in by the first"

I have to assume that they are now stuck in customs. That means he has to get them cleared and I'm sure there is some duty to pay.

So where else can I order a wort chiller from and have it delivered quick-time? Or at least not have my VISA charged until she ships?

Like I posted in the other thread, I got mine from rebelbrewer.com, after not being able to order from the kegcowboy website (thank goodness). Rebelbrewer shipped my chiller out the next day. Great service. Plus they have the thermocouple that I bought also :rockin:

FYI, they are now shipped. I received a FedEx tracking number, so it seems that they were actually on that ship.

If anything is learned here, I hope the vendor has garnered a few pointers in communication/customer service.

If anything is learned here, I hope the vendor has garnered a few pointers in communication/customer service.

Look a few pages back, he's learned nothing. This has been going on for years, and his response to all of our complaints was "Oh, I have a shiny new website that'll be up soon"

FYI, they are now shipped. I received a FedEx tracking number, so it seems that they were actually on that ship.

No fedex tracking number received on my end yet......we will see.

From what I have learned about kegcowboy, email is a waste of time. You have to pick up the phone. Ya sometimes they didn't answer but you just keep calling back. My last order was $1k + and included everything to build my 3 tap keezer. The parts came probably 2 weeks later then I thought they would but being in Alaska, I'm used to waiting for stuff. When the parts did arrive however, everything was there, and the quality of the products shipped could not be disputed
All and all, if I had something that was a good deal and I didn't care if it came for 2 months, I would order from them again. They seemed like cool dudes on the phone. But if your in a hurry, negative. Go to farmhousebrewsupply if your in a hurry haha.

Well I'll be....

Dear Paul,

The products have been sent out to you. The order information is given below

Order ID: #3447
Shipping method: FedEx Home Delivery (Residential addresses only)
Shipment date: 11/08/2012, 12:55:28 PM
Carrier: FedEx

Products:

1 x 40 Plate Wort Chiller

I was workign something out with them to instead send me an in-stock 30 plate chiller and refund some money, but it looks like they literally just got these off the truck today and are shipping them out as they are processed.

Looks like all is well. A probably happy ending to a story that could have been all good with a little more communication.

It took a while to receive, but it's here.

DSC_0098.jpg

Of course still no feedback from KegCowboy here after they promised to let us know as soon as they had them, and I haven't received any notice of one shipping out to me.

I disputed a charge through Wells Fargo a couple of months ago for my order with Kegcowboy. I only had to wait 2 weeks from the date of the order. After that the money was back in my account the day I called Wells Fargo. It was a provisional credit which ended up being in my favor.

Sorry to see more people are having problems with Kegcowboy. I only found this Customer Reviews subforum after searching on google for more information about the company after they refused to answer my emails and telephone calls. If it was at the top near the vendor showcase it would have saved me and probably many others a big headache. When I originally placed my order it was a toss up between Kegcowboy and KegConnection. I found kegcowboy's site easier to find what I wanted so went with them. That was a BIG mistake. Kegconnection eventually got my business and made me a very satisfied, and repeat customer.

I just called them and was told they are in charleston on the ship and they expect them
Soon. Email will be sent out when mailed. Not sure how a few people just got them?

I just called them and was told they are in charleston on the ship and they expect them
Soon. Email will be sent out when mailed. Not sure how a few people just got them?

Ahhhh. The old, "on the ship" excuse is back. Obviously there are two ships. It's the only answer. :D

Back