Shout out to Morebeer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teufelhunde

Reaction score
I am a returning brewer, and decided to do a couple of kits to get back into the swing of the game. I ordered from Morebeer and they printed a shipping lable on Mar 6 using the post office. I kept checking tracking and the post office seemingly has "misplaced" my order. This morning, I emailed Morebeer calling their attention to this and asking how long we should wait before assuming it was not "delayed" as the post office said, but actually lost. Immediately, I got the obligatory auto generated email, thanking me for contacting them, blah blah blah.

Less than an hour later, I had an email from a CSR telling me that they consider anything not delivered a week after shipping, they consider lost, and attached was an invoice for the replacement order that they were shipping out to me. They must put those replacement orders at the front of the line, because less than an hour after that, I had an email containing shipping/tracking info for the replacement order. They used Fedex this time, and while it doesn't say, I'm gonna guess that it will be two day service, not standard ground.

Anyway, it the days of declining/non-existent customer service (NB are you reading this?), kudos to Morebeer for handling this cheerfully and promptly.

I've switched to Morebeer and my life is now less stressful than when I was using Northern Brewer. I mean it's either the better customer experience, or the fact that I have more beer on tap to drink because my ingredients actually arrive on time...

Either way, Morebeer seem to be putting in the extra effort to build a brand based on reliability, not just marketing.

I have been using Morebeer pretty exclusively now for a few years and they never have let me down. Cannot even say an order was bad or wasn't complete. I have a brick and mortar Morebeer about 45 mins from me that I have gone to for little stuff I needed to adjust a recipe and they are really cool folks. Gave me some good info, and I am going to bring a couple of bottles for them to "critique' one of these days. I have also used Austin Home Brew with success. So, with that said, I think Morebeer is a great place to get supplies, and the free shipping for orders over 59.00 is great. Most of my orders are in the 100 to 150 range, so I am all good there.

I could be wrong, but I believe Austin Homebrew was purchased by the parent company of Northern Brewer and their operations/order fulfilment done at the NB facilities now.
That may be true. I have not ordered anything from them in quite a while. I have a gift card I need to use and looking at some equipment as I want to use it for more that just a recipe.

Years ago i had a package marked as delivered, but I never found it. (I believe it was stolen).

I called up MoreBeer, they quickly asked if I wanted a refund or replacement - I still wanted my order. They shipped a new order out almost immediately. I still order regularly from them, glad to know issues are still resolved easily.

If my shipment was stolen, I would have loved to see the disappointment when finding 25 lbs of grain inside the box, instead of something much fancier. :D

Morebeer has always been pretty good to me. I brew a lot, and buy a lot of ingredients from them. The few problems I've had over the years have always been resolved easily.

There is no local brew supply store available to me, so I don't have to feel guilty for not supporting them.

That may be true. I have not ordered anything from them in quite a while. I have a gift card I need to use and looking at some equipment as I want to use it for more that just a recipe.

Fairly certain this is true. I ordered a beer recipe from them once and it came out great.
A year or so ago I ordered the same kit and brewed it - seemed like a totally different recipe.
Was supposed to be a Mexican Vienna Lager (Beerito Mexican Lager partial mash) - ended up super dark almost black.
Tasted more roasty too. I contacted them about it and they sent me another full kit for free, but it also came out as dark. My belief is that NB filled it by the recipe, but with different actual ingredients.

I could be wrong, but I believe Austin Homebrew was purchased by the parent company of Northern Brewer
You are not wrong.

Assuming the 1st couple of replies in this post (link) are accurate, Austin Homebrewing was part of Adventures In Homebrewing when Adventures in Home Brewing was sold to the parent company of Northern Brewer.

I'll just add that I have been using Morebeer exclusively for the past couple of years. They always have what I'm looking for albeit ingredients or equipment. They always come through for me even when I have forgotten to include an item to my order when I emailed them they got it added no problem. Great customer service all around.

great deals on eq and ingredients. holiday sales. competitive prices. hard to complain about them.

i ordered some things and then got a coupon in my email the next day. they let me apply the coupon after the fact. totally unnecessary
but way cool

MoreBeer rules. They constantly put out cool content too, and you can tell they genuinely care about the community.

I've dealt with Vito directly a few times, and he's gone above and beyond for me when he didn't have to.

One thing I will say - you will receive fantastic support from them if you ever need it. I would just recommend calling over opening a ticket via email/online.

MoreBeer rules. They constantly put out cool content too, and you can tell they genuinely care about the community.

I've dealt with Vito directly a few times, and he's gone above and beyond for me when he didn't have to.

One thing I will say - you will receive fantastic support from them if you ever need it. I would just recommend calling over opening a ticket via email/online.

I've never tried to call MB, but nice to know a company that size still has someone to answer the phone.

MB has always been good to me. Once had a minor screwup (wrong item) and a quick email got the right item on the way.

I have a brick and mortar Morebeer about 45 mins from me
I lived 10 miles from the Riverside, CA brick and mortar. It sucked! I’d find myself in there for no reason, be two hours late to my following engagement, spent all kinds of money, drank way too much beer and had more social obligations than I intended. I’m so glad I moved and no longer have those temptations.

I've switched to Morebeer and my life is now less stressful than when I was using Northern Brewer. I mean it's either the better customer experience, or the fact that I have more beer on tap to drink because my ingredients actually arrive on time...

Either way, Morebeer seem to be putting in the extra effort to build a brand based on reliability, not just marketing.
Yep I pretty much only ever order from MoreBeer. I had a few things go wrong as mail order sometimes does but they always made it right and I was pleased.

Side note about Northern Brewer back in the day ( Mid 2000s) they would ship 50lbs sacks of grain for free for orders over like $49 or something. I think UPS cut that out but it was great while it lasted.

Latest posts

Back