I need a sanity check....Long Story About the Wife

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hand in the pants was butt, as explained to me. Although at this point it should be noted, that all my info on that is from her directly. She told me it happened and that she tried to stop it. Though her attempts to stop it sounded like they were half hearted at best. I appreciate all the input and will take some of it into consideration moving forward, but will likely stay out of the conversation moving forward. I don't really want to add any more fuel to this thing here and need to stop worrying about what you all say and start applying it to moving toward some sort of resolution with her, be it good or bad.

Oh come on man. You started this thread with very little info, asking for advice. Then of course got the advice to split (for the most part). Then continue to be very vague with a lot of the information. Now you're not even going to give us the conclusion?

You're in a tough spot, no doubt. I don't fault you for not sharing everything on here (although, for the most part, you have almost complete anonymity), but it's kind of like the newbs asking for advice about their beer. We can't help without the full story. Same here. We can only make guesses based on the information provided.

And from that information it honestly seems like she's cheating on you. But as others have said, it honestly seems like you might not be doing your best in the relationship either, as far as total, up front honesty is concerned.

Nobody here can claim to be in the perfect relationship, certainly not myself. But the one thing I am with my wife is brutally honest (even if that means we have some shouting matches from time to time). There's not enough time in life to bumble around without fully expressing the way you feel. You've been doing her and yourself a disservice by not fully expressing the way this behavior affects you.

Now as far as the cheating part goes, if I had some pretty solid evidence like you have, the first thing I would do was keep my mouth shut until I had 100% proof. And the way I would do that is by hiring a PI on her next business trip. Until you have 100% proof, if she's just a cheating manipulator, she will find a way to weasel her way out of it.

But seriously dude, even if you don't give us any more information about her escapades, at least give us a conclusion! It's like going to a movie, and then having to get up and leave right as the climax is about reached (not necessarily any pun intended?), never having any clue how it concluded.

PEOPLE...Fellow HBT'ers....The OP has effectively checked out....please exit this thread in an orderly fashion.

We are in desperate need of people to advise if they poop at work or if you ignore your water....

Please fill your pint and begin contributing where your input is appreciated.

Brew on!

Hiding marital assets can/will be worse when her attorney digs it up. And they will. My brother tried the same thing, trust me they can find it.

....... Buy a ticket to vegas..... pull out cash to go to vegas. Go to Vegas and spend some money but not all..... return home and hide cash somewhere. .... profit

http://www.woot.com/offers/wanna-rub-my-butt-6?ref=w_cnt_odet_pic_2#fullsize-1

Shame they're sold out, would make a perfect anniversary gift...

image.jpeg

Never too soon where I come from.

And, well, I've been there. I did the exact same chit as op...

You and me both.

He needs a kick in the ass. It won't help because he'll hold on way too long though.

people...fellow hbt'ers....the op has effectively checked out....please exit this thread in an orderly fashion.

We are in desperate need of people to advise if they poop at work or if you ignore your water....

Please fill your pint and begin contributing where your input is appreciated.

Brew on!

lol.

True story:

I had an "an affair" with a married woman once. I knew she was married. I also knew she was unhappy, and wanted only to help her. Yes, I am male, and hormones probably took over. Still, it wasn't a happy relationship with her & her husband. Our tryst only lasted a little more than a week.

It ended when her husband (a former Ohio State football player) found out, and came to get her at a hotel room we were in. He never said a word to either of us, only brought their kids out when he came to get her.

The good feelings evaporated after that. We stayed friends, and I later found out she divorced him & moved back to her home state with her two children, but nothing was ever the same.

I learned a lesson. I always thought "I won't chase a married woman, but if she chases me... ;) " but after that, I knew it was wrong. Even in her situation.

I am glad that I will never put myself in that situation again. I am also glad he didn't decide to show up and beat my ass. I was 5'11" at best and only broke 200 pounds when I became overweight. "He" was very nice to me.

All said & done, it isn't worth it. On either end.

Life is too short to deal with this stuff. No one marries "up" or is too good for someone else. And no one can distroy you like a loved one.

Whatever you do, do it fully. Don't go half measures and vacillate on your decisions. Whatever it is, it is the best for you because it was your decision.

Unless she's actively solicitating then you're an idiot for sticking around.

... No one marries "up" or is too good for someone else...

That was the line when I realized the OP was going to struggle with the end. I feel for Jeep, it will be a tough journey for him. Suspect he has lots of self doubt right now, but he can get beyond that. Yeah I want to hear the end of this thread too, but for now like so many of you, I wish him all the best.

My wife asked me what I was reading on here and after reading a few posts and getting some of story called it "man beer drama" and "real beer husbands". I'm done now, cant look at this anymore.

(But seriously someone PM me if he comes back with a conclusion to this saga. I want to know what happens)

Related: The very first episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

After closing hours, Mac tricks Dennis into continuously showing him the proper method of taking a tequila shot, getting Dennis to the point of being "blackout drunk"; Dee leaves to go find a few of her acting buddies. Dennis wakes up naked, next to a blonde man, and a black man coming out of his bathroom, and is appalled by the situation.

[...]

While Mac thanks Dee for tricking Dennis into changing his mind, Dee informs him that she could not get in touch with her acting friends, and thus, Dennis' homosexual experiment was not staged.

No Jury Would Convict you. Do what you wish.

Tell that to the guy who beat the hell out of his wife's lover this summer in full view of multiple families (mine included). That guy went to jail over something that was already dead and gone (his marriage), because he had to be the tougher guy.

I'm sure all those kids on the beach that day learned a valuable lesson that woman are property and you should assault the person who takes it from you. Good thing these sacred moral codes mean so much we beat people up over them. :rolleyes:

This is very enlightening... since I am in the rare situation to be sort of witnessing "Guys talk"

Here is my conclusion so far:

for all my life I was convinced that Guys do not have emotions like we do, that they fake love and affection only to get into a girls pants... that Loyalty and Trustworthyness is something they show off to their "mates" but it is nothing to bother with, when a woman is involved...

wow!

further:

My sweet solitude gets a hole different perspective...

There are obv. great men out There, but they fall for the wrong women...

very interesting read! Thanks everyone for sharing his thoughts!

My last word to OP:
No one can tell you, what to do. You must be ready to make a major change and if you are not, than you are lacking something that you yet have to find.
If you think fighting for your relationship is the right road to go, than do it, yet do it with all your heart and no doubt and watch out for yourself and how you feel with the progress in the first place.

Best of Luck to you, may what ever is best for you come out of this.

This is very enlightening... since I am in the rare situation to be sort of witnessing "Guys talk"

for all my life I was convinced that Guys do not have emotions like we do, that they fake love and affection only to get into a girls pants... that Loyalty and Trustworthyness is something they show off to their "mates" but it is nothing to bother with, when a woman is involved...

wow!

further:

My last word to OP:
No one can tell you, what to do. You must be ready to make a major change and if you are not, than you are lacking something that you yet have to find.
If you think fighting for your relationship is the right road to go, than do it, yet do it with all your heart and no doubt and watch out for yourself and how you feel with the progress in the first place.

Haha.

yes, indeed :)

But seriously, after the "my wife watches TV" Thread... I am very happy to not share my TV other wise than with my Cats.

If I was married to any of those wives, the remote would have a secret function only reacting to MY fingerprints...

Guess the only thing I need to watch out for is NOT getting a crazy Cat-Lady Starter Kit :)

yes, indeed :)

But seriously, after the "my wife watches TV" Thread... I am very happy to not share my TV other wise than with my Cats.

If I was married to any of those wives, the remote would have a secret function only reacting to MY fingerprints...

Guess the only thing I need to watch out for is NOT getting a crazy Cat-Lady Starter Kit :)

You said cat in plural and combined with TV watching. Crazy cat-lady starter kit already happened. :D

You said cat in plural and combined with TV watching. Crazy cat-lady starter kit already happened. :D

Bawahha! LMAO... you are fkn' right :) lol

mmd!
I am a lost cause already... what else could I turn to other than brewing from there?
Maybe Moonshine... that would have been an option but I don't like any "hard liquor" other than scotch :)

Three ladies sitting around a kitchen table chatting about this and that, and one says,

"I have a nickname for my man: Dr. Pepper. Because he's dark and sweet and always wantin' to 'Play Doctor'."

Second lady says,

"I named my man, 7-UP, because he's 7 inches and always up!"

Third lady says,

"I named my man 'Jack Daniels'."

First lady says, "That ain't no soda pop, that's a Hard Liquor!"

Third lady says, "Yep, that's my man! A hard likker!"

You may now groan in discomfort....

(Singing)
"You done me wrong, you lied to me.......you played around like you were free.......
Now I don't have to worry or tremble with feeeeeear!
Cuz after all the crying is over.........I make beer!!!!!!!"

wow!

further:

My last word to OP:

Tits or GTFO [emoji8]

Beer makin', wife cheating' ... look on the bright side -- when this is all over you will have the makings of a damn fine country song.

You'll need something that rhymes with pants.

He does, but he also needs a truck, a 3-legged dog, and a jail. :)

BTW, do you know what happens when you play a country song backwards? All your troubles go away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back