I need a sanity check....Long Story About the Wife

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying I agree with you... but.....:mug:

lol... !

But seriously... they are not up for grabs and that is literally as well as figuratively true...

Sorry, Mate!

Unless you are feline ... or .... let me think about this issue... ;)

Sorry, I'm not reading 21 pages of 'my wife might be a slut with someone other than me' discussion.

No matter, either its an unlikely arrangement of events worthy of a sitcom or you've got 2 choices in this situation:

1 - Backup the phone data(assuming it isn't a company phone), lawyer up, and dump her
2 - Join the swinger lifestyle and cuckolding might be in your future
okay, there are 3
3 - see if she'll cop to it and try to work through counseling

In the words of Bobby Boushay, 'women is the devil'.

Btw I love the options people toss out about 'beating the other guy up'.

The flip side of that is getting your own teeth kicked in. Violence is such a poor choice only small children and governments resort to it.

The flip side of that is getting your own teeth kicked in. Violence is such a poor choice only small children and governments resort to it.

HA HA HA HA HA! If only...

Or killed!

It is interesting that the assumption always is that the jilted husband can "take" the other guy.

I wonder what their response would have been if their wives had an affair with another woman. Do you beat them up too?

Just goes to show that this isn't really about a broken husband-wife relationship but its about a man seeing his wife as property and punishing someone else for taking it from him.

Just goes to show that this isn't really about a broken husband-wife relationship but its about a man seeing his wife as property and punishing someone else for taking it from him.

unfortunately, there is some truth in this....
might not be the only motivation yet it is probably true and even though if only on a very archaic and subconscious level...

Or killed!

It is interesting that the assumption always is that the jilted husband can "take" the other guy.

I wonder what their response would have been if their wives had an affair with another woman. Do you beat them up too?

That's not cheating. They have another word for it. I think it's... "AWESOME"!

I guess it's only wrong if he can't participate.

SWMBO let me know early on in the relationship that she's Bi. I told her if she ever felt the urge to get with a woman that it would be fine, provided that I either get to participate, or at least hold the camera. :p

Beer makin', wife cheating' ... look on the bright side -- when this is all over you will have the makings of a damn fine country song.

You'll need something that rhymes with pants.

Pretty sure Beck's got you covered with that. "Pants" is in his 2nd ablum Odelay more than it rightfully should be.

"Silver foxes looking for romance, in the chain-smoke Kansas flashdance ass pants"

maxresdefault.jpg

That's not the only way it'd be wrong...

Beer makin', wife cheating' ... look on the bright side -- when this is all over you will have the makings of a damn fine country song.

You'll need something that rhymes with pants.

Song lyrics: (sung in a country style)

Well I was worried about my mash tun,
'my wife was steppin out to have fun,
she was textin' and flirtin and I didn't have a clue.....

So now I found she's a cheatin'
and I'm a thinkin' about leavin....
I think I'll stop worrying and have a HOMEBREW.....

(Chorus)
Yes, I'll just have a HOMEBREW....
probably more than a FEW,
But eventually, I'll find a gal that's TRUE.....
Yes I brew this beer for drinkin,
And I don't wanna too much thinkin,
I just forget everything and have another HOMEBREW.....

OK, so add your own verses....(or not LOL)

PS: my apologies to the OP, I know this is a serious issue and I've dealt with the same thing, but life goes on.......

SWMBO let me know early on in the relationship that she's Bi. I told her if she ever felt the urge to get with a woman that it would be fine, provided that I either get to participate, or at least hold the camera. :p

I briefly had a girlfriend in college who was bi.

Every time we went out, she was all like, "bi me this, bi me that."

Wait, MVKTR2 are you a girl too? If so, then disregard that.

No but I've kicked teeth in and I've slept with another man's wife in my younger dumber days.

Another thing to ponder is how dumb it is to bring fists to a gun fight or how utterly wastefully dumb it is to kill someone over 'love. Let the ignorance of that irony sink in.

Ponder this statistic ... in Mississippi there are 90,000+ conceal carry holders in a state of something like 3 mil. Additionally in rural areas it is safe to assume at minimum 75% of households are armed. Just Monday night my neighbor shot a burgular trying to get in his front door.

Song lyrics: (sung in a country style)

Well I was worried about my mash tun,
'my wife was steppin out to have fun,
she was textin' and flirtin and I didn't have a clue.....

So now I found she's a cheatin'
and I'm a thinkin' about leavin....
I think I'll stop worrying and have a HOMEBREW.....

(Chorus)
Yes, I'll just have a HOMEBREW....
probably more than a FEW,
But eventually, I'll find a gal that's TRUE.....
Yes I brew this beer for drinkin,
And I don't wanna too much thinkin,
I just forget everything and have another HOMEBREW.....

OK, so add your own verses....(or not LOL)

PS: my apologies to the OP, I know this is a serious issue and I've dealt with the same thing, but life goes on.......

lol...
so many things are wrong with country music...

and this one is lacking "pants", no?

But other than that... some poetic skill detected...
weitermachen! (keep going!)

I've got a very simple rule in life. 'Very few things are worth fighting over because anything worth fighting over is also worth dying and killing over.' I've been married almost 2 decades and still haven't found a woman worth killing over because she cheated on me, never will. I say this as someone with a fairly high proclivity toward settling disputes with my fists in my youth, having the scarred knuckles to prove it.

Being forced into a physical altercation or choosing it as a means of defense of self/others is one thing. However choosing to engage in it is another thing all together. I've worked in some stressful environments and the last time, 1 of 3, a co-worker challenged me to a fight even though I wanted to 'teach him a lesson', I told him to pound sand. I then proceeded to punch about 6 holes in the sheet-rock with left and right hands including damaging the other side of the wall. I regret this but it was better than the repercussions of beating the 60 year old idiot into a comma.

When powerful men begin to settle disputes with violence the possibility for very bad life-altering outcomes is great. I'll never kill anyone because they cut me off in traffic or my spouse chose to sleep with them. I got no problem defending myself or to varying degrees my property. I say this as someone who's almost always armed, in which case the lasting impact of confrontations and altercations is potentially catastrophic for all involved.

That would be one very small 60-year old man! Impressive strength!

Indeed! :ban:

I think I MINT coma. It's bad when your typos are actual words they're hard to spot. Btw he never said a KROSS word to me again.

I briefly had a girlfriend in college who was bi.

Every time we went out, she was all like, "bi me this, bi me that."
*snicker*
I've made a thousand mistakes in my life, and 95% of them could have been avoided if I just trusted my gut feelings.

Most of the time, your subconscious knows better. Trust those gut feelings.
Yup. Words to live by here.
Indeed! :ban:

I think I MINT coma. It's bad when your typos are actual words they're hard to spot. Btw he never said a KROSS word to me again.

*snicker*

If she doesn't actively pursue, is she really bi? That may be her personal sexual identity but if she only pursues you for the future, she's effectively straight (at least assuming you're a guy...).

If she doesn't actively pursue, is she really bi? That may be her personal sexual identity but if she only pursues you for the future, she's effectively straight (at least assuming you're a guy...).

It's a whole lot simpler than saying "I was a lesbian, then straight, then lesbian some more, then..."

When my wife taught at a womens college they had a term that was used quite often. LUG...... lesbian until graduation.

The person she dated before we started dating was a woman, soooo.... yes.

She may consider herself bi (and you may also) but to the outside world, she's effectively a straight female...unless you're non-monogamous and she still expresses her bisexuality by sleeping with women. I guess I'm trying to point out the difference between how we identify and how the outside world perceives us.

I want to take this back to the OPs situation and argue she not be wired for monogamy, but that tends to be a rabbit hole.

She may consider herself bi (and you may also) but to the outside world, she's effectively a straight female...unless you're non-monogamous and she still expresses her bisexuality by sleeping with women. I guess I'm trying to point out the difference between how we identify and how the outside world perceives us.

I want to take this back to the OPs situation and argue she not be wired for monogamy, but that tends to be a rabbit hole.

Dafuq are you even talking about?

bi·sex·u·al
ˌbīˈsekSH(əw)əl/
adjective
1. sexually attracted to both men and women.
noun
1. a person who is sexually attracted to both men and women

Too late to advise the implementation of the "Stump of Punishment' by the looks. Dang, been busy elsewhere advising Abby.

Dafuq are you even talking about?

A rambling, philosophical discussion. PKU.

I understand that attraction is the key verbiage you're using in your definition of bisexuality, but there's a lot of acceptance issues of the bi orientation in the LGBT community and in general society. And attraction isn't typically the issue at hand. If you want to understand why, check out Sexual Fluidity by Lisa M Diamond.

*Lots of generalities and summations below, so take it with a grain of salt. Or don't read it, because it just says attraction doesn't equal bi-sexuality.*
(The book focused only on women but) many women identify as Lesbian or straight and still maintain attraction to both sexes. Attraction for women is less intuitive than it is for a guy. Many women identified by the surveys in the book experience physical attraction to one sex but intense emotional attraction to the other. Sometimes they'd self-label as lesbian, sometimes bi, sometimes straight. Sometimes they'd switch labels for any number of reasons. The label didn't change the % of partners who were male & female, just their self-identities.

Another way to think about it is this:
If you think about stealing something, to the point of formulating a plan, but never act on it, are you able to be convicted of the crime? Actions define who we are to those around us, not what we think or feel.

Ha-ha true. I'll be done.

I was trying to take the disconnect between sexual identity and out actions back to the OPs situation and suggest perhaps his wife is not wired for monogamy but that gets into its own OT discussion and argument.

I suggest a sex tape for future ammunition (just in case)...unless of course you're hung like a light switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back