I have arrived...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northcal

Reaction score
Decided to ditch my old girl for a 5500 watt element. Thanks to the dude who put in all of the couplings, I love it. The 50A power outlet works like a champ.

2ec3yg1.jpg

1109bhs.jpg

206byb6.jpg

65xzqc.jpg

kb1vmt.jpg

30tqa07.jpg

:ban:

No joke. There us "simple design" and then there is "suicidal design". Those exposed connections in a wet environment =bad

Also questioning whether your 50a breaker is GFCI...doesn't look like it.....

If you aren't already dead, please take some major corrective measures before putting water or yourself anywhere near this thing!!!

Also looks like it goes straight from outlet to element, no switch or contactor? Unplugging under load is dangerous and cycling the breaker will wear it out fairly quickly...

You still with us?

It's a GFCI

Put a damn cover on the element and the wall receptical ASAP!!!!

You NEED a contractor or a rated switch or a disconnect between the breaker and the element, preferably a SCR.

No joke. There us "simple design" and then there is "suicidal design". Those exposed connections in a wet environment =bad

Also questioning whether your 50a breaker is GFCI...doesn't look like it.....

If you aren't already dead, please take some major corrective measures before putting water or yourself anywhere near this thing!!!

It's a GFCI

Latest posts

Back