I bought a Battery: 11 cents & free shipping.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LVBen

Reaction score
I needed a new battery for a garage door remote and so I went on eBay and found several of them. I put a bid on one that was at 6 cents with free shipping and had 30 minutes left in the auction and I bidded $1 (thinking that I might even get outbid.) My bid went in at 11 cents and nobody else bid on it after that, so I won the auction at 11 cents with free shipping from China. Is it even possible to ship something from China to the U.S. for less than 11 cents?

Sounds crazy. I've shipped many things from China and back and the cost was about the same in both directions.

Nope. It costs 44 cents to mail a letter within the US.

Good find.

So then they are either:

1. Losing money
or
2. Not really going to send it to me and they will cancel the order and I'll get my 11 cents back.
or
3. Pretend like they shipped it and not really send it to me, and try to keep the 11 cents. I did get an e-mail saying it was shipped:

1 x New CR2032 Type Button Battery 3V Lithium for Watch & electric item
Paid on Sep-26-11
Shipped on Sep-26-11 Price: $0.11, Qty: 1 $0.11
Estimated delivery: Varies*

I needed a new battery for a garage door remote and so I went on eBay and found several of them. I put a bid on one that was at 6 cents with free shipping and had 30 minutes left in the auction and I bidded $1 (thinking that I might even get outbid.) My bid went in at 11 cents and nobody else bid on it after that, so I won the auction at 11 cents with free shipping from China. Is it even possible to ship something from China to the U.S. for less than 11 cents?

Got the listing, or seller? I'm in need of a couple of garage door remote batteries ;)

Back