HBT Fantasy Football League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know why I ended up ranked on top of the 6 teams at 7-7, other than total points. I know I beat a couple of them and lost to a couple of them...

Just throwing it out there, but does anyone in the consolation bracket want to get a side bet going? Looking at Hello, Andrikos and Fins. Open to ideas.

Sure thing, I'm up for it.
Same deal I guess.
The winner gets beers from the other 3?
Also open to other ideas.

Just throwing it out there, but does anyone in the consolation bracket want to get a side bet going? Looking at Hello, Andrikos and Fins. Open to ideas.
Sure. What do you have in mind?

A bottle of the best domestic beer we can get our hands on? :tank:

The winner gets beers from the other 3?
Also open to other ideas.

Basically, yea. Could keep it simple and just say the same thing. One bomber min (homebrew, etc extras welcome but not required).

Or if anyone has other ideas to mix it up. 30 oz min?

I don't know why I ended up ranked on top of the 6 teams at 7-7, other than total points. I know I beat a couple of them and lost to a couple of them...

I think it has to do the teams you played W/L within the 7-7 teams, but I have no clue.

Ill agree to send some brews to the winner of the consulation bracket, but probably not an expensive bomber. I have been doing too many trades lately, plus the holidays will wipe out the bank account. I can send multiple tallgrass brews and some apfelwein if that works :D

Ill agree to send some brews to the winner of the consulation bracket, but probably not an expensive bomber. I have been doing too many trades lately, plus the holidays will wipe out the bank account. I can send multiple tallgrass brews and some apfelwein if that works :D

Yea, I'm good with the consolation beers being more local stuff, doesn't have to be on the same scale as the true winner's box.

Does 34 oz min seem reasonable? 1 bomber/1 12 oz, 3-12 oz, (or 3 Tallgrass cans), etc? Plus homebrew, apfelwein, whatever else.

Also, if anyone really doesn't want to do it, that's cool too.

Yea, I'm good with the consolation beers being more local stuff, doesn't have to be on the same scale as the true winner's box.

Does 34 oz min seem reasonable? 1 bomber/1 12 oz, 3-12 oz, (or 3 Tallgrass cans), etc? Plus homebrew, apfelwein, whatever else.

That sounds good to me! Damn Adrian Peterson being out this week!

I have no idea since it's not explained in the league settings anywhere I can find. So I basically dropped a spot because Cris lost? :mad:

All part of my grand scheme!!!!!! BWWAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ForumRunner_20131209_125749.png

Doesn't the winner get one bomber only? Or is the point that it has to be a "whale" or near that? I was going to ship something from The Bruery. Basically I don't want anyone to feel like I cheaped out but I also don't always have access to rare beers. Most importantly, I don't have a cellar, really.

But I mean bud light ... being funny. Local is good. I would prefer to do a local beer gift.

Doesn't the winner get one bomber only? Or is the point that it has to be a "whale" or near that? I was going to ship something from The Bruery. Basically I don't want anyone to feel like I cheaped out but I also don't always have access to rare beers. Most importantly, I don't have a cellar, really.

But I mean bud light ... being funny. Local is good. I would prefer to do a local beer gift.

Doesn't have to be anything crazy. Just a good bomber, preferably something local or otherwise not available for winner. Don't have to get crazy if you don't want to. I would assume smaller beers are ok too if they're fancy.

From the 'official rules':
"Each member will send the winner one bomber of commercial beer. If for some reason there are no good bomber choices where you live, then you can send atleast 22 oz of commercial beer. And come on guys, lets keep it craft please. I don't think the winner wants to end up with nineteen 24 oz cans of corona.
Anything beyond 22 oz, such as homebrew, is up to the individual sender/loser. "

In my mind, it def doesn't have to be a whale. Send something you'd be happy to receive.

I know if Gabe wins I'm going to be sending him a bomber of the best 3711 saison I can find. :p

BGBC said:
May as well make it a 3711 smoked pumpkin saison while we're at it.

Throw some diabeetus sweetness in with all that and that beer would probably make Gabe's head explode. :D

You guys think you know me, but no on has mentioned chili peppers yet.

So it's too late to add that the beer should be somehting the winner doesn't hate? :D

TNGabe said:
You guys think you know me, but no on has mentioned chili peppers yet. So it's too late to add that the beer should be somehting the winner doesn't hate? :D

So a sweet smoked pumpkin habanero 3711 beer it is. I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm sending out, but if you win it might make me second guess my choice...

So I think we're all set for the consolation prize?

Of course since I suggested it I'm assuming I'll lose in a landslide this week.

Other league members are more than welcome to send beer to the consolation champion as well, of course.

If it is me, any craft beer will be fine with me. Not necessarily a bomber, either. A couple of 12 oz. bottles of anything decent would be cool with me.

EDIT: my favorites are IPA's and porters/stouts but I like to broaden my horizons from time to time.

Speaking of chili beers, i may have to include one of these to the winner :D It truly is the most complex beer I have ever had, not bad but just not something I could drink everyday

molestout.jpg

finsfan said:
Speaking of chili beers, i may have to include one of these to the winner :D It truly is the most complex beer I have ever had, not bad but just not something I would drink everyday

I've never had that one. Have you ever had Cave Creek Chili Beer, the one with an actual green chili in the bottle? Truly, the second worst beer I've ever had.

I've never had that one. Have you ever had Cave Creek Chili Beer, the one with an actual green chili in the bottle? Truly, the second worst beer I've ever had.

Nope never heard of it. The mole stout isnt bad, just different. Theres a lot going on with the chilies, chocolate and cinnamon spices

Wow, you've had cave creek and triple bock? Now you just need to tick mama mia pizza beer and you've had the three worst beers ever.

TNGabe said:
Wow, you've had cave creek and triple bock? Now you just need to tick mama mia pizza beer and you've had the three worst beers ever.

Someone send me one and I'll try it. ;)
Triple Bock and Chili Beer are definitely, without a doubt, the worst liquids ever produced. This includes every liquid, even those not for human consumption....

Right on guys, it is agreed then between us SUPERlosers to ship to the winner of the consolation round.

Man, it's gonna be an expensive Xmas. I'll be shipping beer from Germany. ;)

You guys are talking in oz, here we have ml and liters.
So, regular bottles are 0.5 liters (17oz) and the small ones are 0.33l. (Yep, Germans drink a LOT of beer). The belgians also have 0.25l mini beers where they usually put their sours in.
Big bottles are 1l (34oz) and rarely 750ml (like a wine bottle - mostly Belgians).

So, I'll send 1l to the real winner and 0.75l (or 0.83l) to the consolation winner.
Whew, I'm exhausted from all the math! ;)
I'll probably use a spreadsheet to figure it all out!

Andrikos said:
Right on guys, it is agreed then between us SUPERlosers to ship to the winner of the consolation round. Man, it's gonna be an expensive Xmas. I'll be shipping beer from Germany. ;) You guys are talking in oz, here we have ml and liters. So, regular bottles are 0.5 liters (17oz) and the small ones are 0.33l. (Yep, Germans drink a LOT of beer). The belgians also have 0.25l mini beers where they usually put their sours in. Big bottles are 1l (34oz) and rarely 750ml (like a wine bottle - mostly Belgians). So, I'll send 1l to the real winner and 0.75l (or 0.83l) to the consolation winner. Whew, I'm exhausted from all the math! ;) I'll probably use a spreadsheet to figure it all out!

Hmmm ... I read all the chatter on the consolation round as being a side bet for those four individuals. I wasn't planning on sending beer to the person who ends up in 5th place. ;)

Hmmm ... I read all the chatter on the consolation round as being a side bet for those four individuals. I wasn't planning on sending beer to the person who ends up in 5th place. ;)

Haha no that should not be the case. The consolation bracket bet is just between us four, unless you would like to send us all gifts just for being good sports :D

Hello said:
And what's the side bet? I mean, how do I win of course.

On the league homepage, you can see the consolation bracket. It's you, me, Finsfan and Andrikos in the 'semifinals'

Playoffs start in 20 minutes. Here's hoping I can beat Fuzzy again! :mug: Maybe I should bust out the La Roja for good luck?

So im not sure if she has said, but Hello are you ok with sending a small local box to the winner of the consolation bracket? I believe the other 3 of us have agreed, no pressure :D

So im not sure if she has said, but Hello are you ok with sending a small local box to the winner of the consolation bracket? I believe the other 3 of us have agreed, no pressure :D

So the losers bracket are all sending two beers to actual winner right? :D

Back