Group Buy in Chicago #7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The star San split should be working now on the 4x1 gallon only. The prices will be updated tonight when I get home.

ghoti, if a person is deleted from the group buy do their previously entered orders get deleted also?

Nope but you can use the admin site to remove all their products.

I don't see PBW or any other cleaner outside of StarSan available in the database. Are they unavailable, or just not added to the db yet?

Most of my order is in, my Prius is going to get a workout on this pickup. :D

Glad I was able to get in on this buy! Hoping for a 1/4 split on some C15 or C30?

I'm also having trouble starting a two way split of rice hulls.

I just tried and Star San is splitable. I will work on rice hulls.

161 sacks already. that is 7 sacks shy of 4 full pallets not including the other non grain items. you guys are nuts!

Bill I am trying to add the 8lb. of PBW the code is 5S-PBW8LB I have been unsuccessful in getting it to add.

Bill I am trying to add the 8lb. of PBW the code is 5S-PBW8LB I have been unsuccessful in getting it to add.

when searching, enter either 'five star' or p.b.w. (add the period after each letter). it's all there

Sorry, meant, not all of the Briess items are showing up. Specifically the flaked items.

OK, first group buy for me. Let me start by saying Thanks! I believe I added two sacks and I have a listing for 'my active group buys' on the main page of the site. Is that all I need to do now? Will I be contacted about how to pay later? Thanks again!

OK, first group buy for me. Let me start by saying Thanks! I believe I added two sacks and I have a listing for 'my active group buys' on the main page of the site. Is that all I need to do now? Will I be contacted about how to pay later? Thanks again!

Yes. Just follow this thread closely and I or others will post more instructions. Right now we are in ordering mode. Within a week or two the buy will close and we start collecting payments.

Would it be overly presumptuous of me to say that even though Amarillo can be added in the Group Buy, it's not available from the vendor?

Im planning on making alot of cider do you guys think it is worth to buy a 50 pound bag of sugar and what kind should i get. Thanks

So i shouldnt use any special kind of sugar? Or does it not matter.

Hi guys,

this will be the first group buy for me. Thank you for organizing all this.

And I have a question:
What's your preferred Pilsner malt? Do you recommend Best Maltz?

Thanks.

So i shouldnt use any special kind of sugar? Or does it not matter.

What kind of cider are you planning on making, Apple? Lemon-SkeeterPee?
some (darker) sugars with a higher % of molasses (less refined) leave residual flavors, but most straight sugars are not going to leave much behind except higher abv., be careful of the fermentation temps, unless your going to distill it and even at that lower temps less weird flavors.

For instance when I do stovetop dark candi sugar, I prefer to start with brown sugar or raw cane opposed to refined white, as it already starts off in that molasses/near carmel-like range.

Experimentation in finding whats works for your tastes is all part of the process..

Just a simple apple cider with apple juice and what ever concentrate i want to flavor.

Polboy, there's some hop splits on the group buy site going for falconer's flight and styrian golding. I might be interested in trying out the australian summer or nz motueka, I bet all you jerks are going to make me spend more than I should. Freezers aren't really for food, they're for hops right?

Just a simple apple cider with apple juice and what ever concentrate i want to flavor.

Angry Orchard style... so tastey..I don't have a recipe however I would guess you don't want too much of a residual profile that would compete with the subtlety of the apple. The skeeterpee recipe I have uses standard refined sugar as the alcohol base, again not to compete with the lemon.

Polboy, there's some hop splits on the group buy site going for falconer's flight and styrian golding. I might be interested in trying out the australian summer or nz motueka, I bet all you jerks are going to make me spend more than I should. Freezers aren't really for food, they're for hops right?

Thanks, i totally missed that.

Bill I just tried to order 1lb of falconer and 1lb of styrian from the split but i dont think it worked, also price for styrian is showing 8.3 but on the catalog its 10.5
Can you please confirm my order was added? thanks

How do I get to the spreadsheet? Last time I thought there was a link on the dashboard page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back