Group Buy in Chicago #7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bmason1623 said:
Ghoti and I were discussing the numerous splits in this order. There are so many that it may take a full day (either a Saturday or Sunday) to split grain up. The sorting of grain and related splits needs to be taken care of first prior to any grain being picked up. I hope everyone understands.

The number of splits is crazy on this one. It must be attributed to how easy ghoti and you have made it to just start a split without having to arrange it like before. I fully expect that some of them will not fill and get purged.

Could we ask a local brewery to save us some grain bags for us to use for packaging up the splits?

Could we ask a local brewery to save us some grain bags for us to use for packaging up the splits?

i would recommend asking local bakery for free buckets, i have few 6gal and they are perfect for 27.5lbs of grain, food grade, free with nice snap on lid

180 sacks so far but that will probably decrease if some of the splits do not get parted out completely. still pretty damn impressive.

Are the Starsan splits mentioned earlier in the thread now being done through the splits feature on the website?

180 sacks so far but that will probably decrease if some of the splits do not get parted out completely. still pretty damn impressive.
I'm doing my best to snatch up splits as they show up, so we'll see how many don't get filled.

If you have a hop split, chances are excellent my name is on your split. :D

Tuesday? And payments by Friday?

Payday is this week, that could be doable for me if the bank doesn't freeze my deposit for 10 days like they did last month to my account linked to paypal.

Let me just say... This is one fun (and slightly addictive) little venture! Thanks to bmason1623 and ghoti (fish?) for organizing everything. I really hope that I don't have to work on Split Day, because I'd really like to come up and help out. Just wondering... Is the shipping basically divided evenly among all participants, or are we responsible for what our orders add to the total?

I have a bunch of 2 gallon buckets with lits i could possibly throw in to help with the seperation of the smaller splits. Just let me know if you could use them.

I have a bunch of 2 gallon buckets with lits i could possibly throw in to help with the seperation of the smaller splits. Just let me know if you could use them.

How many lbs will a 2 gallon hold, in see splits in the 10/12.5 lb range. That might be great for those 1/5 splits.

Delivery charges will be calculated by weight. In the past, it was amortized across the sacks of grain. This time it's per pound. So if all you ordered was non grain items you will still pay shipping charges.

i have tried registering for the group buy, but have yet to be approved is there something else i need to do

Wow..any body that picked up that motueka last hop buy,,,saaz on steroids.. Boiling in a motukea kolsch...smells amazing. First chance I'm getting to experiment with it.

Delivery charges will be calculated by weight. In the past, it was amortized across the sacks of grain. This time it's per pound. So if all you ordered was non grain items you will still pay shipping charges.

So, how much do you anticipate the cost/lb being, assuming we maintain our current weight of ~10,000 lb?

we are at 182 sacks. I think it should stay open until next friday; this would be 2 weeks exactly that it stays open. Over that weekend I can update pricing where ever it needs to be updated. Then we submit payment. After all payments have been submitted I will give the order to CMC and they will process it immediately.

Remember, once the buy closes the orders will not be modified anymore. I hate to be militant about it but if you signed up and placed an order then you can't pay for it you will be bared from future buys. These buys are getting huge and people dropping out at the last second or getting buyer's remorse wreak havoc with the group buy purchasing process and delays delivery for everyone else. Sorry but this is the way it has to be.

So, how much do you anticipate the cost/lb being, assuming we maintain our current weight of ~10,000 lb?

we are at 5 pallets so far. delivery is$78 per pallet. Plus an additional $15 for hazmat charges for the chemicals; and $25 for ghoti's purchase of the website template. ($78*5)+15+25=$430.00 total. $430/10,000 lbs=$0.043/Lb delivery charge.

we are at 5 pallets so far. delivery is$78 per pallet. Plus an additional $15 for hazmat charges for the chemicals; and $25 for ghoti's purchase of the website template. ($78*5)+15+25=$430.00 total. $430/10,000 lbs=$0.043/Lb delivery charge.

Perfect. Thanks for the quick response.

Btw if you need an extra set of hands for the splits, I'd be glad to help. Just let me know

I am having Ghoti double check this out because it is quite incredulous, but we are at 242 sacks. I still find that hard to believe. I'll report back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back