Group Buy in Chicago #4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I've been busy all day at work and running other errands. I'm working on the totals right now.

OK. I have everything tallied up and it's listed under the tab titled "CMG-RFQ". I will send this tomorrow for quotation. Start scraping up your pennies.:)

you need a paypal account and you can have it linked to CC or bank account or both, when you sent money to someone you can pick if you want to charge it to CC or to bank account

When can we start harassing people to pay, i'm hurting for grain.

Are we ready to pay? Bill hasn't given the go ahead yet.... AFIK... Drunk...?

ForumRunner_20120301_053953.jpg

Pennies ready and counted.

180 pennies in a pound and there is roughly 32,500 pennies in 5 gallons.
32,500 divided by 180 = $180.55

Wait.. 32,500 pennies = $325.00
32,500 @ 180 perlb = 180lbs = wait how do you move that thing to empty it?

$4500 worth of grain would be 2500 lbs of pennies.

Ahh yes.. I stand corrected....and remember folks....dont forget those units...they'll get you forever.. I mean until you're old! Like me.

and the 2500lbs of pennies would be 390 stacks of pennies 5' 10-3/8" high assuming one had the patience to stack the little buggers :drunk:

Sorry, bottled my last full fermenter today and the walls are closing in!

The wife just told me we're throwing a 40th Anniversary bash for her parents in July... Is it time for bulk buy #5 yet?

Just received this email from Mid Country regarding the quote:

"We will try our best to get it to you today. We have a new software program that we are using to invoice so we’ve been a little backed up. Worse case scenario, I will have it to you tomorrow as I will be coming in to get ahead."

I feel kind of bad for this buy not happening quicker. Some of you really need your grains desperately. Calculating the weight of the amount of pennies for your purchase? You guys are starting to crack...

im brewing tonight, last 25lbs of two row i have goes in the tun, i guess i will start doing wired things around Sunday

Received the following email a few minutes ago. I am going to substitute the TF-MOPA (Thomas Fawcett Maris Otter) with BD-MOPA (Bairds); and the GW-PALE (Great Western) I am going to substitute with BD-PALE (Bairds) if that's ok with everyone. On the other out of stock items I will send a message to the people who ordered them and ask them what they want as a replacement.

"Good Morning Bill,

I am processing the quote that you submitted to us on Wednesday, 2/29. I apologize for the delay in getting this information to you. We have just transitioned in to a new software system and at this time your quote has a “hold” on it that will not allow me to send you the quote until corporate releases it Monday morning. I did want to notify you of some out of stock items in the meantime to see how you would like me to proceed with your order. I show the following items as out of stock at my Mid Country warehouse:

TF MOPA (9)

GW C-40 (1)

BZ-MELN (1)

GW-PALE (1)

TF-OPTIC (1)

11# Czech Saaz"

I am not sure if you would like to sub other varieties in their place or if you would us to drop ship these items to you from our North Country facility at no additional charge to you.

Also, I am unable to include the packages of the Oak chips on this order as they are a BrewCraft item and we are unable to sell their items to home brew customers/clubs. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may pose.

As of right now, without the items listed above invoiced, your total order amount is $4162.55. Please let me know how you would like to proceed with the stock outs and I will get this quote wrapped up for you, and hopefully printed, on Monday morning J

Thank you for your continued support! Have a great weekend!!

EDIT: I'm replacing GW-PALE with CM-PALE.

So Basically I need people to tell me what to substitute for the following:

GW C-40 (1)--polboy, inverted, ryanmcl

BZ-MELN (1)--neopol

TF-OPTIC (1)--PseudoChef

11# Czech Saaz--polboy, starman, neopol, thebreweryunderground, ryanmcl, PseudoChef, wegz15

For the Saaz it looks like they don't have any substitutes (Lublin, Sterling, Ultra, Vangaurd), but I would be willing to go for Styrian Goldings or Perle.

I would be willing to go Styrian for the hops as well.

I will get back to you in a few about the sub for the Optic. That kinda has me bummed.

im fine with any other crystal 40, for hops i dont know now, i guess it will not go through but im low on hops now so if we decide to buy something im in anyway (ie cascade or goldings)

I think that a good substitute would be:

1: BZ-ARO Aromatic
Or
2:BZ-DMUN Dark Munich
or
3:GB-Honey Honey Malt

in that order...

Hops I am flexible...I am a recipe tweeker..I will go with the consensus on the same amount..

Oak chips "OUT" no problem

So Basically I need people to tell me what to substitute for the following:

BZ-MELN (1)--neopol

TF-OPTIC (1)--PseudoChef

11# Czech Saaz--polboy, starman, neopol, thebreweryunderground, ryanmcl, PseudoChef, wegz15

I'm cool with whatever on the C-40 as well. So you can probably book us for this one instead.

TF‐CRY45 Crystal Malt I

Cool, inverted, polboy?

I'm fine with whatever. I just bought a pound each of ctz, tett, and perle from kosmokramer. Came out to about $10 a pound.

Ryanmcl and Starman, what's your take on hops? I'm looking for something continental to be used in a lot of Belgian styles so Styrian Goldings are my preference but it'd be great to have a consensus.

Only three more items more to update:

BZ-MELN (1)--neopol

Only *two* more items more to update:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back