Group Buy in Chicago #4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill we could fill palettes 4,5, & 6 if your paypal account was named either Homee Depot or Menaards.

Added you to the looking section. I just checked Bills spreadsheet and it looks like we're 6 bags away from a full skid #3.

Current 'looking list' is GW Cyrstal 15 and BMalz Pils... if anyone was thinking of teaming up better do it now. I have the sneaking suspicion that by the time Bills done with the morning coffee, this sucker will be full.

There's also a half sack of amber already on Pinto's order he's willing to share.

Starman- I will take the split on the BMalz Pils, kind sir.

What's going on with the saaz? Are we doing that separate? I didn't see them on the spreadsheet.

What's going on with the saaz? Are we doing that separate? I didn't see them on the spreadsheet.

Can we include the hops under one member's name and have that member take care of the splitting of the hops and money with the other participants? Starman and I have enough already with the regular splits. Thanks.

I can take care of the splits. How do you want to do money for that? Everyone still pay you?

wegz15 said:
I can take care of the splits. How do you want to do money for that? Everyone still pay you?

I was thinking that for the hops, everyone pays you then you pay me. The hops will go under your name on the spreadsheet.

Anybody want to split a Vienna any malter cheap is always good.

Can we include the hops under one member's name and have that member take care of the splitting of the hops and money with the other participants? Starman and I have enough already with the regular splits. Thanks.
I think it was me who come up with idea of doing saaz order so i guess i should take the responsibility. I completely understand that Bill doesnt want to be part of this, he is already doing fantastic job with this group buy for nothing (im definitively bringing few homebrews with me when i will pick up my order) and i hate to add more to that so im ready to order and pay for whole 11lbs of saaz if there will be several ppl committed to pick up lets say at least 8lbs from my location. I will divided it in to 1lbs crappy vacuum freezer bags and use my POS vacuuming thing from food server and keep it in my freezer till you pick it up. I will charge you $8 a bag (price per lb from country malt suppose to be $7.48), i live very close to midway airport right between cicero and central, let me know by PM if you want to be part of it and do it before Bill send the final order to CM so i can add 11lbs saaz to my order.
Cheers

I'll take care of the hops as well so people don't have to drive to two different locations to pick up. I will update the spreadsheet tomorrow.

Just PM'ed an order for 5 sacks but I guess I missed the boat if there's only 1 spot left. I guess keep me on a waiting list in case someone reduces their order!

Jgrove10 said:
Just PM'ed an order for 5 sacks but I guess I missed the boat if there's only 1 spot left. I guess keep me on a waiting list in case someone reduces their order!

You can get two bags on this order.

Third pallet has been filled. Three pallets in one week. Not too shabby.

I'll enter the info later on today and submit it for quotation tomorrow.

I was informed that we could order wood chips and spirals. I'll update spreadsheet tonight.

but only in 50lb bags, perfect for my fireplace :)
J/K i dont have a fireplace

I am awaiting confirmation from Starman on the split orders. The whole bag orders for pallet #3 has been entered into the spreadsheet. PLEASE CHECK YOUR PORTION OF THE SPREADSHEET FOR ERRORS. Thank you.

Split confirmation sent. Should be same 9 as prior, with sack #10 on standby.

Also, SO#3 already on the spreadsheet needs to have Ryanmcl added so its a 1/3 split between him and Polboy and Inverted.

How are we doing the Czech Saaz? I didn't quite follow the comments on the thread.

Due to a medical emergency, Pintobean needs to drop out. There are a few people who sent me a message that wanted to get in so I think we can make that up easily.

bmason1623 said:
Due to a medical emergency, Pintobean needs to drop out. There are a few people who sent me a message that wanted to get in so I think we can make that up easily.

I want to apologize to everyone for causing delay. Unfortunately, stuff like this happens.

I'm not on the spreadsheet at all? I should have 3 sacks (TFS MO, Halcyon, and Optic), the split of Smoked Malt, and a lb of the hops.

PseudoChef said:
I'm not on the spreadsheet at all? I should have 3 sacks (TFS MO, Halcyon, and Optic), the split of Smoked Malt, and a lb of the hops.

Oh crap! Sorry man. I'll add you ahead of those on the waiting list since you did PM me early on. I don't know why I didn't add you.

They're turning against me! Ahhh! Just kidding, no worries. Glad it wasn't a catastrophe, though (even though I'm sure Buy #5 is right around the corner ;))!

Bill, i'll take a look at pintos order when I get to work and see what I can absorb..i'll pm in a could hours..do you have any estimate of what's not accounted for?

Neopol said:
Bill, i'll take a look at pintos order when I get to work and see what I can absorb..i'll pm in a could hours..do you have any estimate of what's not accounted for?

There's people on a waiting list so that won't be necessary but thank you for offering.

You got it brother...just trying to help the cause....let me know if there is anything I can do to help...also if you're putting some oak chips through with anyone...ill take a lb or split a 5er...

Pinto, hope everything turns out ok!

Any takers on a prepackaged gallon of StarSan? Pinto was in a split with RyanMcl, SIUCubFan, and Schnibbz.

The Czech Saaz split should be ok to proceed. Pinto was in for 2#. Polboy and TheBreweryUnderground had previously said they'd go up to 2lbs each. I can go to 2 as well, if needed.

Pinto was in for 3 split sacks but it looks like Bill has a game plan.

the wood spirals and chips are all unavailable to bmason's account. That's what I was told on the phone last time when I was calling the order in for the last group buy.

do they sell oak barrel at south holland location?, i wouldn't mind 10gal one, but i should probably wait till wife gets over **** loads of grain in our basement before i start hauling barrels in there :)

starman said:
Pinto, hope everything turns out ok!

Any takers on a prepackaged gallon of StarSan? Pinto was in a split with RyanMcl, SIUCubFan, and Schnibbz.

The Czech Saaz split should be ok to proceed. Pinto was in for 2#. Polboy and TheBreweryUnderground had previously said they'd go up to 2lbs each. I can go to 2 as well, if needed.

Pinto was in for 3 split sacks but it looks like Bill has a game plan.

Thanks. The wife had a bone spur that grew up through her nail bed on her big toe that caused her some crazy pain so they had to remove that sucker quick. Anyway, medical ain't cheap, and she's on disability for some time since she does sales and drives all day, and of course it was her right foot. Anyway, she's fine now and recovering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back