Group Buy in Chicago #4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ryanmcl said:
Just PM'd starman, i'll take the last third of this one:

Crystal 40 or 60 split :
Great Western - 2-row Crystal 40 - GW-C40 - QTY 1@50
Polboy 50%
Inverted 50%
*would like one more to reduce to 1/3 sack each if anyone is looking*

The longer we wait the more i buy!

I'm still looking for 1 or 2 people to split a sack of wheat. Current splits on page 2.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f174/group-buy-chicago-4-a-304020/index2.html

ryanmcl... I'll split the sack of wheat with you. Did you have a specific maltster in mind?

ryanmcl... I'll split the sack of wheat with you. Did you have a specific maltster in mind?

I'm missed it but TheBreweryUnderground was also looking to split with Ryan back at post #116. Do you guys want to split a single bag three ways or see if we can get another taker on a 2nd bag?

I'm missed it but TheBreweryUnderground was also looking to split with Ryan back at post #116. Do you guys want to split a single bag three ways or see if we can get another taker on a 2nd bag?

I'm cool with the 33% split, lets book it.

PM's and posts 100-164 scanned for split updates... Please check your splits for accuracy.

Split List Updated... finally

It looks like Czech Saaz is a go in some shape or another. 10lbs solid commit and we have 3 people willing to fall on the sword and buy a second pound.

There are 9 split sacks on the palette #3 list. (3 new filled from today.)

PintoBean has some TF&S Amber he's willing to split. This sack is already on the 84 bag order.

TBUnderground is looking for a GW Crystal 15 split.

Starman...i'll take a committed 2 on the saaz not sure what your list is adding as commitments

Updated you for 2.

Polboy and TheBreweryUnderground are also willing to buy a second pound if it closed the deal.

On the spreadsheet, there's a tab at the bottom labeled "Sheet3". This is where I'm keeping track of the bags for the potential third pallet. I have a PM in to Starman asking for a little more clarification on the total splits thus far.

Current splits for Palette #3 (9 sacks total, 11 pounds of Czech Saaz)

Crystal 120/Dark Crystal 2(TF&S) Split
(TF&S) - Dark Crystal 2 - TF-DCRY120
Marcusrab 50%
PintoBean 50%

Chocolate (TF&S) Split
(TF&S) - Chocolate - TF-CHOC
Marcusrab 50%
PintoBean 50%

Brown (TF&S) Split
(TF&S) - Brown - TF-BRWN
Marcusrab 50%
PintoBean 50%

Munich split:
Canada Malting Company - Munich - CM-MUNH - QTY 1@55, Selected lowest cost domestic, please advise if you want different
Samie85 50%
Inverted 50%

Crystal 60/Crystal 1 (TF&S)
TF&S Crystal 60 Crystal 2 - TF-CRY65 - QTY1@55
Marcusrab 50%
SpacemanSpiff 50%

Pils (CMC) Split:
Canada Malting Company - Superior Pilsen - CM-SPIL - QTY 1@55
samie85 50%
Evilive 50%

***Below are the recent adds***

Smoked Malt(Best Malz)
Best Malz - Smoked Malt - BZ-SMOK - QTY 1@55
PseudoChef 33%
Wernerherzog 33%
chiefkellen 33%

Wheat split (TF&S):
TF&S - Wheat Malt - TF-WHET - QTY 1@55
ryanmcl 50%
SathingtonWilloby 50%
updated

Maris Otter(Bairds) Split:
Bairds - Maris Otter - BD-MOPA - QTY 1@55
samie85 50%
Adman (via PM), else Inverted, 50%

11Lb Czech Saaz pellets (1 lb Ea.):
Hop Union - Czech Saaz - HU-90GSZ - QTY1@11
PolBoy*
Starman
PintoBean x2
Neopol x2
TheBreweryUnderground*
Ryanmcl
PseudoChef
WEGZ15 x2

Everyone please review that for accuracy.

Bill,

Spreadsheet 'sheet 3, HBT splits' is current/correct at a budget of 9 as of 10:30AM 2/18

42-27 = 15 sacks left on P#3, yeah?

Thanks!

Not to threadjack but would any of you grain maniacs be interested in splitting these U-Line Screw-Top-Pails
in the 6.5 gal, blue lid version. They're FDA, with a gasketed lid, ratchet tightening mechanism, and much sexier than HomerBucket orange w/ GammaLid.

6809-uline-6-5-vs-gammahomer.jpg

HomerBucket w/ Gamma Lid = ~$11 each or $2.20 a gallon of storage.
6.5 gallon Uline = $12 each if we split up 50+ or $1.84 a gallon of storage.
(tax is about 7.2% in Waukegan where U-line's Will Call is at)

This has nothing to do with Bill's Group Buy #4, just curious if there's any interest in organizing a bucket buy on the side. Other than my intrusion, let's keep this thread pure grain buying madness so please just send me a PM .

We now return you to the exciting conclusion of palette #3, already in progress. 14 sacks to go

Not to thread jack either but I'll have ball lock cornies available for sale during the pick up.

bmason1623 said:
Not to thread jack either but I'll have ball lock cornies available for sale during the pick up.

I don't really need anymore, but if they're available, I doubt I can help myself. How much are you selling them for?

I'd definitely be interested in a corny if the price is right.

Have I said how much I hate this thread? I should file these taxes soon, eh?

I will have four 15” hinged false bottoms. No center hole drilled. Not sure on price yet. Waiting to hear from the welder.

ForumRunner_20120218_195003.jpg

Anyone interested in splitting a bag of Best Malz Pilsner to get us closer to the edge?

Added you to the looking section. I just checked Bills spreadsheet and it looks like we're 6 bags away from a full skid #3.

Current 'looking list' is GW Cyrstal 15 and BMalz Pils... if anyone was thinking of teaming up better do it now. I have the sneaking suspicion that by the time Bills done with the morning coffee, this sucker will be full.

There's also a half sack of amber already on Pinto's order he's willing to share.

i think the 3rd split order still should be updated on the spreadsheet right now its only me and inverted but ryanmcl wanted to join the split, equal parts for 3 of us
This group buy is crazy, i never thought i will be buying close to 300lbs of grain :)

I just hope our wives/GFs don't find out about our grain spending habits...

I just hope our wives/GFs don't find out about our grain spending habits...

Im sure my wife will say im completely brew crazy when she sees all this grain, but then it will be too late for any discussions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back