Gimme something close to Budweiser, please!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

febbrewro

Reaction score
I was sitting at one of our local breweries last Wednesday with a co-worker, enjoying some great brews while sitting at the bar and chatting up the manager. Within the couple hours we were there, 3 different guys took a seat next to us, and when the bartender asked what they wanted they each said the same thing: "What do you have that's close to Budweiser?"

Arrrrrrgg its like nails on the chalkboard! I guess its good that these people are adventurous enough to try a microbrewery. Just wish they would expand their beer horizons a bit.

They wanted something close to a Bud, and you resisted the temptation to piss in a bottle for them? You are a better man than myself, sir! :D

Yeah, that would be funny, but oh so unsanitary...

We did, however, get one of them to try a sample of their 18% abv RIS. You should have seen the look on his face when he drank it lol :mug:

You should have told them there was a complimentary Budweiser tap and pointed at the mens room. ;)

At least they wanted a micro-brew that was like it. A buddy and I were at a local microbrew in town, and the table next to us ordered all Bud Selects.....WTF!

Seeing you are from Royal Oak, you could have recommended Michigan Brewings "Hamtramck Pale Ale" or 3 Sergeants Pale Ale. Detroit Beer Co. and Atwater Block also make a comparable brew.

At a brew/pub near me they descibe their beers by naming a commercial brew that's "close". Annoys me everytime. "Our blonde ale is the closest thing we have to Coors Lite" they say. Kills me....it doesn't taste anything like CL but is their lightest beer....

Definitely bad. I should have told him that drinking it would have made him more of a man than that tribal tattoo he had around his arm :rockin:

Yeah, I had guessed it was a bad face, but i am an optimist. ;)

For future reference, the closest thing to a Budweiser is usually a redneck. ;) (Look at me trying to sound all American! :D)

Yeah, I had guessed it was a bad face, but i am an optimist. ;)

For future reference, the closest thing to a Budweiser is usually a redneck. ;) (Look at me trying to sound all American! :D)

Bwahahaha! +1,000,000

That would make a great sticker...

budred.jpg

Back